Torn Between Two

Chapter 9

Opening his eye's Gerard tried to block out the morning light with his hand. Groaning he pulled himself out of bed and got into the shower. Feeling the warm water run down his back in through his hair he wondered what she would look like today, if she would take his breath away once again. She had been the only thing on his mind ever since they met, it didn't matter if he was up on stage or just sitting there on the bus she would be on his mind.

After his shower he pulled on his clothes and head down to the drop off and pick up area, lighting a smoke he saw her pull in the drive and pull up in front of him. Opening the door he got in and took and drag and smiled.

"Hey" He said pulling out a pair of aviator sunnies and putting them on.
"Hey you look like you just woke up" Sam said with a laugh.
"Yeah I don't usually get up before midday so" he said still smiling at her slightly.

Wow he has a great smile, oh god I wonder what its like to kiss him, what its like to touch him. I wonder what he looks like under all of those clothes. Why am I thinking this I have Jason and not to mention I just pulled up and I'm already drooling over him. With that thought Sam smiled back at him and pulled out onto the road.
"Thank god you got tinted windows" Gerard said looking out the window and then back to Sam, trying to make small talk as much as he could.
"Yeah I only just got the car not long ago they came like that, my dad wouldn't get a car without it done" Sam said kind of embarrassed to bring her dad into it.
"Oh smart though, so where are we going to go?" He said eager to consume his daily dose of coffee.
Looking at the road she said "There's a good place called Gloria Jeans just around the corner" Taking the next turned she pulled up on the side of the board walk.
"Well we've been touring for over a year now and the band and I just have gotten so run down by it all, like dont get me wrong we love our fans and are greatfull for there support but it's tiring after doing it none stop". He said with a sigh that made Sam's skin tingle.
"So do you want me to go in with me and order in my name since I'm sure people will be watching the coffee stores of you" She said with a giggle.

Smiling at her joke, they got out of the car and walked in and ordered there drinks, then sat down in a closed off area away from people.

"We have something like this in the US" he said to break the silence.
"Oh sweet, so what do you want to do today?" Sam asked as her name was called out by the lady at the counter. After getting up she walked back and handed Gerard his drink.
Standing up Gerard waited for Sam to sit down then said "So when did you start listening to our music?".
"I guess eversince you guys came public with your music" She said taking a sip from her drink. "So what made you cancel your tour for two weeks, I would imagin alot of fans bought there tickets. Do you have much planned for while your here" She said studying him.
"So do you have a girlfriend back in New Jersey or?" Turning the ring around her finger.
"No I haven't dated for a long time just gotten so busy, but what about you and Jason whats the stroy there?" he said.
"Well" She said "We've been dating for about six minths now and on the night of our formal he asked me to marry him" She said extending her hand towards him.

Looking at the ring Gerard felt his stomach clench as stared at the ring, after holding his breath he took his eyes off her hand and smile at Sam.
"Aren't you a bit young to be getting married though" he said pushing the hurt from his face.
"Yeah but it's different though I guess, I don't know" Sam said looking at the ring with a sigh.
"So do you want to get out of here, I think poeple are getting supsious of me" Gerard said with a giggle.

The day went by slow at first but the two of them stuck it out, after getting coffee they both took off to the book store and check out comic books.

"Well it's starting to get late" Sam said with a quiet voise looking over at Gerard.
"Yeah I should get back" He said with a sigh, "thanks for today".
Pulling into the front of the hotel Gerard got out of the car and lent in the opened door window and said "I hope i wasn't to much of a bore, sorry maybe we could do something again some other time".
"Yeah that would be great and it's fine I wasn't the funnest either" She said before they said goodbye and she drove off into the night.