Status: You tell me

Come a Little Closer

All I Want To Do Is Get A Little Bit Closer

I sat grumpily in a cold leather chair in the lobby as I waited for my brother to return. He'd only been gone ten or so minutes, and I had already grown tired of waiting. I aimlessly kicked at the air in front of me and starred up at the ceiling. This building was an old, well decorated sort of building. I'd imagine it cost a lot of money to build. I starred intently at the complex patterns, still kicking aimlessly at the air. I heard the creak of the door to my left and instantly snapped my head around towards to sound. My eyes were greater with the excited face of Steven. He had a grin from ear to ear, and my mood was elated by his excitement. Maybe he didn't have to go away after all. Steven motioned towards me to come into the room.

"Aly!" he said with excitement. "Come in here!" I hurriedly pushed myself out of the cold leather seat and skipped over towards the door which was now shutting, as my brother had already gone back into the room. Just as the door was about to slam shut I lunged out my hand to keep it from doing so, but another hand had already beaten me to it. A moanful sigh escaped my mouth as my hand made contact with the warm skin of the stranger who had held the door open for me. My eyes shot down to the hands, which were still in contact with one another, as neither of us had moved. My eyes trailed up the light skinned arm, with was adorned with a few rubber wristbands and handmade bracelets. From the bracelets my eyes continued to trail upwards to the body of the stranger. I was startled by the petite and curvy frame. I studied the shirt that hung snuggly on the what I presumed to be female frame. The shirt was a light grey tee with a small logo of a butterfly it the left corner.

The way the tee hung off the girls body and colour bone sent shivers down my spine, and I soon found it difficult to breathe. My eyes trailed up the well matured frame, only to be met with something even more perfect and beautiful. The girls mouth hung ajar and I could almost here her raggered breath. The stunning green eyes we're dilated, and were looking at me intently. The thing that surprised me the most was the girls hair. I was long, and bright red. Before I could stop myself, a husky "wow" escaped my lips. I quickly shook my head and straitened myself up to the eye level of the girl. As I looked at her, I saw what seemed to be a smile tease at her lips. She lifted her hand from the door and reached it out towards me. As if I wasn't startled enough by the beauty of this girl, her voice only added to the perfection of her attire.

"I'm Hayley" she said softly, stretching her hand towards me. I swallowed the lump in my throat and reached my hand out to hers and grasped it lightly, but enough to still have a firm grip.

"I'm Aly. It's wonderful to meet you, Hayley"

A giggle escaped the girls lips as she turned around to face the other people in the room. Her red hair swirled around behind her and she strutted over towards the others, leaving me shell shocked in the door frame. I once again shook my head before following Hayley into the room.

I gazed around and lazily counted the people in the room. Including Hayley, Steven in myself there was about seven people. A few of them roamed around aimlessly, while the others were in deep conversation. Steven, and two other boys were all conversing with each other. It must've been a serious topic, as they all had stern looks on their faces. One of the men, who stood aside Steven had a small scruffy dog in his arms. His hair was of short brown complexion, and was gelled up. He had a scruffy, yet well maintained beard which made him stand out from the other man, who was about the same height. He had a darker coloured hair than the other man, and was staring gratefully at my brother, who's arms were waving around madly in the air.

I noticed Hayley was no longer in my sight as I continued to study the remaining people in the room. It appeared as if she had just disappeared from the room. My brother continued to talk to the two men as he turned towards me and motioned for me to walk over to him. I obeyed and slowly walked over to him, but my eyes continued to scan the room in a desperate attempt to lay sight on Hayley.

"Aly!" Steven exclaimed as I came in contact with him. He wrapped his arms around my shoulder and turned me towards the people he was just in conversation with. He gestured toward the bearded one with the dog and smiled "this is Jeremy" he then turned his arm towards the younger man who was returning my brothers smile "And this is Taylor!".

I smiled at Taylor and Jeremy before introducing myself. "Hey guys. I'm Aly. Stevens sister".

Stevens' excitement didn't whither as he jumped into explanation as to why he had been bought here today.

"These guys, along with the red haired girl are in the band Paramore, and they have asked me to record drums on their new record". Steven had never been asked to record of a band of this attire before. I soon understood his excitement. But he was soon carried off in another conversation with who I guessed to be the person in charge of all this. I was left alone with Taylor and Jeremy.

"I see you met Hayley" Jeremy said to me. I felt my heart rate increase rapidly just at the mere mention of the name.

"She's the crazy one in the band" Taylor joined in. I could no longer concentrate on the conversation, as my mind had wondered to thoughts of the beautiful red haired girl.

I felt a warm pair of arms wrap around my waste and the same honey voice from before rang out beside my ear.

"Hey, I'm not crazy!". I felt the words swim over me, and my body seemed to melt into her touch. The three of them exchanged laughs with one another, but neither of them mentioned the fact Hayley had her arms tightly wrapped around me. The two boys left to join the conversation my brother was in, and Hayley and I were left to ourselves.

"I've heard a lot about you" Hayley almost sang as her arms left from around my waste and she moved in front of me. "Your brother speaks highly of you" she smiled.

"As I would speak highly of him. He is a very talented drummer. You have chosen wisely". Her smile widened at this statement, wide enough that I could see her white teeth behind her perfectly sculpted lips.

"We know". I returned her smile, and my stomach seemed to ache for her to wrap her arms around me again. I had never felt that away when someone had touched me before. This was all new to me. Hayley and I continued to exchange awkward, but still warming glances between one another before they all got called off to a serious meeting, which I had no part in. I smiled to myself as she waved slightly before turning and walking back to the others. Her hips swayed in unison with her long hair, and I felt myself melt all over again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy.

Comment/subscribe??