Emerald City

Chapter 1

Chapter 1
“Taylor!, what do you want to drink?” I rounded the corner to the kitchen heading towards the fridge. “Pepsi please!” I smiled and opened the fridge grabbing a lemonade and a pepsi. Glancing at a bag of chips that caught my eye and grabbing them as well. I ran back upstairs towards the stairs hanging down from the center of the hall way. “Hey come grab these things please” I waited and smiled seeing Taylor's head poke through the opening. I tossed the snacks and drinks to her, then starting the climb up the ladder into the attic. “Find anything good while I was gone?” I walked over to an old antique chair and sat down sighing contently. “Nah, nothing so amazing yet.” I reached out towards Taylor and she tossed me my lemonade. Popping the top open and taking a large gulp. I leaned back into the chair. “I did find some old photos of your parents though, wearing some really awful clothes might I add” I laughed, looking around for the pictures. Spotting them I reached over and picked them up looking them over. Chucking to myself from what I saw. Mom was wearing a simple cotton dress nothing to fancy, barefoot with a crown of daisies around the crow of her head clinging to my fathers arm. He has his arm around her in dressed in a simple shirt and slacks also barefoot. I smiled, my parents have always loved nature. Unfortunately I didn't exactly inherit my parents love for everything plants. “Are those twigs in her hair?” I look at Taylor “No, dork there daisies, I think its pretty cute actually” I got up from my spot in the chair joining Taylor buy the giant trunk of stuff we've been going through. After looking through most of the stuff we were left with only a giant book. It almost looked like something out of a movie. I pulled it out and looked it over. There was a thick layer of dust covering it, making it hard to make it out. I took a deep breath and blew on the cover. Taylor and I broke out into a coughing rage. “Ugh yuck, nice one Nattalie” I kept coughing covering my mouth. “Sorry” After the coughing has subsided I looked at the book, and frowned. All the writing was in a different language with tones of odd symbols to go along with it. “What in the world is this” I looked at Taylor who looked even more confused then I felt. I opened the book and immediately dropped it. The book was glowing in a shade of purple. My eyes widened, and I gasped. “Ok this is definitely not normal.” “No not at all” Taylor added. Touching the front page of the book hesitantly I flipped to the first of words. I stared at the words for a long moment before mumbling that strange words to myself. Out of nowhere the book exploded into thin air. I screamed looking away. “Oh my god Nattalie look” I slowly glanced where the book had been and to my complete surprise there was a portal. A portal with people walking around, completely oblivious to us. “What in the world is this?” We both stood up walking closer to the portal. I grabbed Taylor's hand and slowly went to touch the portal, stepping back slightly when my hand went straight through. Taking a deep breath I walked through pulling Taylor with me. Everything went black and silent. The sound of Taylor yelling for me fading away from me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Brendon shall make his appearance in the next chapter. Sorry this chapter was pretty boring.