Status: Hiatus, might be deleted soon.

This is a Wasteland

Give Me Therapy

Ahysha POV

I woke up the next day in Tony’s bed with him nowhere to be seen. I laid back down and after a couple of minutes decided that I should get up and get ready for school like Tony is probably doing. I walked back to the guest room of the Perry house and went straight to my duffle bag to pull out the outfit I wanted to wear for today. Today was one of the cooler days in California so I decided to wear my white 3/4-sleeve shirt and my camo pants with my signature boots and jacket. I did my soft, and my nails were already done.

I walked out the room and downstairs where I found Tony, and Mama and Papa Perry. “Uh… Hi Mama and Papa Perry.” I said awkwardly not knowing if they knew I was already here or not.

“Are you ok? What happened last night?” Mama Perry asked me and I shrugged not wanting to tell her.

“It was a stupid argument with Ma and her boyfriend.” I told her, since that wasn’t a lie but wasn’t the full truth either. I knew if I told her what I told Tony then she’d get what happened out of me, and I don’t want anybody to know. I don’t want the looks of pity or sympathy or anything, I just want to be treated like a normal teenage girl.

She nodded and went back to watching TV, while Tony stood up. “Come on Air, time to go.” I nodded and followed Tony out the door after getting my backpack. Once we safely in the car, did he talk again. “Are you really ok?” Tony asked me, I could see him turning to look at me so he can see my reaction.

I shook my head, I’m not ok and I’m tired of pretending I was. “Can you at least tell me what’s wrong?” Tony asked and again I shook my head, because telling him what’s wrong also means telling him about the past and I’m not bringing the past up with him. I like him too much for that. “Ok then… what are you doing after school?” I shrugged, maybe talking to my mother.

“Talking to my mom about something, I think.” I told him, because it was the truth and I didn’t like to lie to anybody but Tony especially.

“About?” Tony asked trying to get a detailed answer, not that he was getting one.

“Nothing! Something! Anything… I don’t know anymore…” I told him and I saw his jaw clench from where I was and he shrugged.

“Just trying to help.” Tony mumbled and I sighed.

“Look, Tone I’m sorry. I’m stressed and I shouldn’t be taking it out on you.” I told him and drove into my usual spot on the student parking lot. “I’ll be here to pick you up after school.” I told him, and he turned to face me again, raising an eyebrow. “Got something to do.” I told him and he nodded getting out of my car.

I drove off, and back to my house, where I knew nobody was going to be until school ended, maybe later. I went up to my room and grabbed my board shorts and swim top and my board. I went through the back door and the backyard to each my destination. The beach, the one place where I can be myself, let loose, live. The closer I got to the water, the more it appeared that I wasn’t the only person ditching school to surf. I saw a girl, about my age maybe older, surfing in the water. She had long black hair with what looked like neon purple highlights from where I stood.

I shrugged and went back to doing what I came here to do. Swimming around in the water for a bit, I grabbed my board and paddled out to the deeper water and waited for a wave to come by. While I was waiting the girl from earlier came and waited beside me, we enjoyed the silence together until she talked.

“Hey.” I looked over to her and saw her already looking at me.

“Hi.” I said, smiling slightly and looking in front of me to make sure I didn’t miss a wave.

“I’m Raven, like the girl from Teen Titans.” Raven told me and we both laughed. I loved the Teen Titans show and just about cried when it stopped coming on.

“I’m Ahysha but you can call me Air.” I saw her raise her eyebrow, probably wondering where Air came from in Ahysha. “It’s from my last name Penar.” I told her and she nodded. “I never seen you in school, which school you go to?” I asked her, because I would’ve noticed her with the neon purple in her hair.

“I’m home-school but next year I’m going to Mission Bay for my senior year.” I looked up at the mention of my high school.

“I go there! But I’m not sure if I’ll be there next year, I hope so.” I told her and looked in front of me, just in time to see the wave that was fast approaching.

“Go ahead.” Raven told me and I nodded, going to catch the wave and surfing it out. Surfing always gave me peace and calm when things in my life got hectic in my life, like right now. Surfing was like my own personal therapy away from the real therapy. The therapy I was about to make myself take again so I can be a normal teenager, so I can go to dances and parties and not worry about anything but having fun.

After we finished surfing, we sat in the sand for a while and talked before I had to leave. I was sure my mom was home by now and she’d be furious but oh well. Raven and I exchanged numbers and I told her I’d text her later. Now to face my doom… well my mother’s wrath, maybe her boyfriend’s if he’s there. He trying to replace my father when he can’t, nobody can and I’m furious he’s even trying.

“Hey mom.” I called into the house when I walked through the back door.

“Where have you been Ahysha Winter Penar?” I heard my mom shriek, as soon as I came in her view. I saw her boyfriend, sitting beside her, smirking, happy to see me in trouble.

I shrugged, “I been out surfing like I always am when you can never find me.” I told her, sitting down in front of her on the loveseat and crossed my right leg over my left. Mom huffed and grabbed her boyfriend, Luke, hand.

“Well leave a note, text me something! I was worried sick!” Mom told me, exaggerating. I shook my head.

“I never had to before! You’re changing because of him and I don’t like it! You let him control you, you let him control me. I’m 17 but you treat me like I’m 10! News flash, I’m not! I been going everywhere without you knowing because you knew I wouldn’t get in trouble, but now that Luke is here you’re treating me different! I’m not his kid and you aren’t his robot and it annoys me. I love you and I hate him, but you’re happy and I want to be happy for you but it’s so hard when you let him do that stuff! It makes me pissed off at both of you and you’ve been changing and now I don’t even know who my mother is anymore!” I told her before getting up and walking out of the front door, grabbing my phone and keys before leaving.

I walked down the street with nowhere specific in mind but just wanting to release my anger out. I stopped and looked around and found myself at the local boxing ring, the one that ma told me not to go to. I shrugged; she isn’t my mom until she gets her act together. I walked into the building and went straight to the desk. “Um… Hi. I wanted to join? I just wanted to train, not fight in matches.” I told her when she asked me.

“Fill out these papers and bring‘em back whenever you done.” The lady told me and I nodded, heading to my house to get my car. I drove to the school and picked up Tony and Addie before driving to Vic and Mike’s house and walked into the basement. We waited about five minutes before they came down the stairs.

“Ahysha!” Was the first thing both of them said when they saw me. Five seconds later I found myself in a Fuentes’ sandwich. “Where have you been?” Vic asked me, like I was missing for months instead of hours.

I shrugged, “Surfing, meeting new people, arguing with mom and Luke, and going to boxing rings.” I told them and shrugged again. “All in all a normal day, when I’m out of school.” I said to them and sat back down after Vic and Mike let me go, finally.

“Let’s get this shit packed up!” Jaime said and we all nodded agreeing with him. We all started putting the guitars and amps and stuff into the van and next we started taking Mike’s drums apart and putting them in the right cases.

“Caught like a fly… In a web of your lies… It’s the truth be told now… Or it’s meet your demise.”

My ringtone for my phone went off. “Hello?” I asked picking up my phone. Nobody should be calling me, my mom was mad at me, and all my friends usually text me and/or are right here.

“Hello, is this Ms. Ahysha Penar?” I heard a professional sounding voice say on the other side of the phone. I stood up and walked up stairs and into the living room, where I knew nobody would be. I gave everybody the one-minute sign and went back to the man on the phone.

“Yes. May I ask who’s calling?” I asked.

“This is Dr. Norman Ash and I’m calling from the local therapy center in San Diego, California. I was asked by Ms. Cindy Penar, whom I‘m assuming is your mother, to call you and discuss times for you to come into therapy here.” Dr. Ash told me and waited for my answer. I thought back, wondering what might’ve given her the hint that I wanted this, that I wanted to go back to this god-forsaken place for something that isn’t my fault.

“Dr. Ash, is it? I was wondering, when did my mother call you and what exactly did she say?” I asked him and I looked up to see Tony staring back at me.

“She called about an hour ago and told me her daughter yelled at her because of traumatic experiences in her life. She asked if she could set up appointments for you and she told me to contact you and ask for days and times.”

I sighed, and shook my head. I don’t even know her anymore and she doesn’t know me either. “How is Monday? 4:35?” I asked him.

“That’s fine. I’ll see you Monday Ms. Penar.”

“Call me Ahysha and I’ll see you Monday Dr. Ash.” I told him and hung up the phone. I sighed and turned to Tony.

“Who was Dr. Ash?” Tony asked me coming to sit beside me on the couch.

“A therapist, my mom called him for the argument we had earlier.” I told him and shrugged. “I was going to call them anyway.” I said and got up. “Come on.” I told him and we went back downstairs helping them make sure everything is in the van. “Who’s driving first?” I asked and automatically said “Not it!” I shouted, causing everybody else to do it and Vic was last.

“Dammit!” Vic said pouting and stomping his foot. He walked to the driver’s side and got in anyway starting the van. Everybody else followed his example and got into the van too.

“Don’t be mad, be glad Vic! I’m you shotgun buddy!” I told him, while messing with the radio.

“This is going to be a long drive.” Vic groaned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title: Therapy by All Time Low
Ahysha's ringtone: Caught Like a Fly by Falling In Reverse

Ahysha's outfit
Ahysha surfs

I decided option 1 of question 2 because I'm so impatient! :)
Tell me what you think!