Status: Hiatus, might be deleted soon.

This is a Wasteland

Life on the Home Front

Tony POV

I walked into my house and sat my guitar down in the closet right beside the door since I didn’t want to carry it upstairs and bring it back down. “Tony, is that you?” I heard my mom, Jeanette; call out to me from the kitchen, I think.

“Yeah mom it’s me!” I said walking into the kitchen where she was cooking dinner for tonight. Matt was already in there, most likely waiting for me to get home.

“Good, I need your help. I’m having company over and this house has to look semi-decent. I want you and your brother to clean up around here some.” Mom told me and Matt and I looked at her strangely. If this company was a man, when was she going to tell Matt and I that she decided to start dating again? It was nearly two years ago that Matt and I’s so called ‘dad’ walked out on us and didn’t stop to see the mayhem and mess he caused and left behind him because of his mistakes.

“Sure mom.” I told her and pulled my phone out. I’d have to tell the guys, Air and Addie I’ll be late to practice. I looked up and glanced around the part of the house I could see, real late to practice.

To: Ahysha, Addison, Mike, Vic, Jaime
From: Tony
Message: I’m goin’ 2 be late, start without me
Message status: Sent at 5:16


I sighed and pulled my earphones out of my pocket and plugged them into my phone. I turned my music on and started cleaning the living room, Matt starting on the dining room. Once I was finished with the living room, I started on the game room, the guy she’s dating might like video games… who am I to judge that a (maybe) thirty something year old man likes video and arcade games.

I finished cleaning the game room and went upstairs to change my clothes in my room. I changed into my green board shorts and my dark blue t-shirt.

To: Tony
From: Ahysha
Message: Well hurry up, we need you
Message status: Received at 6:00


I texted back saying I was on my way and went back downstairs to say by to mom and Matt. “Mom, I heading over to Vic and Mike’s place.” I said walking into the kitchen.

“Okay, don’t be out late. We’re having dinner here,” mom said and I rolled my eyes, of course we are, that’s why I sent most of my time cleaning up the house, remember, I thought to myself.

“Okay.” I said leaving and grabbing my guitar case before walking out of the door. I’m going to have to walk all the way to their house since I don’t have a car and mom is cooking and Matt’s girlfriend, Stella, is coming over in about ten minutes. Air, Jaime and Vic with Mike are all practicing at Vic and Mike’s house so they can’t drive me.

It took my thirty minutes to get to Vic and Mike’s house and within those thirty minutes it started to rain, hard. I was halfway to the Fuentes’ house when it started; it started out as drizzle but during the walk it got heavier and heavier until my clothes were soaked and clinging onto my body. I walked right into their house and up to the guest room I usually stay in and grab a pair of clothes I keep there. I changed into my dark blue shorts with light pink vertical stripes on them and pulled my shirt off and pulled on the black one on.

I walked into the basement to find that everyone was just sitting around on the floor, most likely waiting on me. “Hey guys.” I said to them, taking a seat beside Ahysha and wrapping my arm around her waist so that my hand was on the left side of her hip. She turned towards me and I smiled at her, and she smiled back.

“Hey Turtle,” I heard Air say and my smile widen even more, showing my white teeth. I got the nickname “Turtle” because they were my favorite animals and I was quiet and shy just like them.

“Hey Air,” I replied back to her and I heard someone groan, I had forgotten we were in a room full of our friends. I broke eye contact with Ahysha to find out who groaned, and it turned out to be Addie.

“I get it, puppy love but could you not flaunt it?” Addie asked us and Air and I looked at each other again, we wasn’t even aware we were doing anything wrong.

“Uh… sure?” Air answered but it sounded more like a question. I laughed at her facial expression and she looked at me raising an eyebrow. I shook my head at her before leaning down to kiss her. When our lips touch, it seemed like the world around us disappeared. A spark of electricity flowed through me my body starting from our lips that were molded together. Our lips performed a dance only we knew, making us forget about our friends that were currently sitting in the same room as us.

I ran my tongue over her bottom lip, asking for permission to taste her mouth. She didn’t part her lips for me, not giving me entrance so I had to figure out another way to get her to open her lips. I ran my tongue over her bottom lip again before capturing it between my teeth and sucked on it. Ahysha let out a gasp and I took the chance to push my tongue through her lips. I let my tongue roam her mouth, trying to commit it to memory, her mouth tasted like vanilla and peaches –her favorite fruit- and she did something unexpected for her. She ran her tongue over mines, stroking it before taking my tongue between her lips and sucking on it.

“Uh hm,” Jaime, at least I think it was Jaime, cleared his throat and made Ahysha and I part. I looked down at her and saw she was already looking at me with a smile on her face. She was panting like she ran a mile and I think I was too; it was hard to concentrate when I just finished kissing my girlfriend like that. Yeah, kissing her like that in a room full of you guys’ friends, I thought to myself and I felt my cheeks heat up, making me blush a light pink. Ahysha must’ve thought the same thing I did because she was blushing seconds later.

“Not that we didn’t like the porn show, it’s just we came to practice band not kiss each other.” Mike said and Addison laughed at us. I groaned and stood up, grabbing Ahysha’s hand and pulling her up with me. I let her hand go to grab my guitar and walk over to the makeshift stage that was in the Fuentes’ basement.

“Come on then,” I said to them, annoyed they broke up Air and I’s make out session. They all walked to the stage and set up, ready to start practicing our set list for homecoming. “What’s the set list Air?” I asked her, strumming random chords on my guitar while I waited.

Yeah Boy and Doll Face and then go to Diamonds and why men buy them and then I’d Rather Die Than be Famous and lastly The Balcony Scene. Same as last Saturday’s, I’m deciding whether to add another song to the list. Oh and before you start guess what I did, being the awesome manager I am!” She said to us, more excited than on a normal day after spending time with us.

“What is it Air?” Mike asked her, laughing at her excitement.

“I got you four an awesome gig in Nevada for this whole winter vacation!” Air said to us and before she even finished her sentence all of us were on her. We each gave her hugs and I gave her a short chaste kiss, not wanting to give our friends another show like before.

“Awesome! How did you pull that off?!” Mike and Vic asked her and she gave her secretive smirk, and we knew we were going to get a vague answer from her.

“Oh… I have friend, that knows a guy, that knows a girl, that knows some owners of some concert halls.” Ahysha told us and gave us another smirk.

“Really? Thanks so much!” Vic said and we all nodded in agreement.

“You guys are welcome but you still need to practice for the homecoming dance this weekend.” Air told us and we all broke apart to get ready to practice.

“Are you sure you’re not going to be able to come?” Jaime asked her and I saw her shrug.

“I’m working on it, but I can’t make any promises.” Air told us and I smiled. She had been working on going to homecoming for us?

“We’ll take what we can get.” I said to her, speaking for all of us.

“Good, now get to playing Yeah Boy and Doll Face.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it's seriously been a long time since I wrote in Mr. Perry's POV so here's that treat I hope you like it since I might've gotten rusty in writing his POV. Obviously it wasn't rushed or won't be up to par because of not writing in his POV often enough. This chapter was really a filler, it's showing more of Tony's home life rather than something going on with Ahysha, because I believe we all had enough of Ahysha's family drama to last us for a while. Speaking of her drama does anybody want to take a guess on what happened to her? I'm still undecided on the two options I narrowed it down to, I might just combine them.

​This was supposed to be posted yesterday but my laptop was acting al funky :/ And I have just moved (about 3 weeks ago) and I don't have internet yet (I'm demanding my mom to hurry up and get it) so I'll most likely post randomly throughout the week. So sorry for the whole up. ​​​​​​