Status: Hiatus, might be deleted soon.

This is a Wasteland

The Other New Girl

Tony POV

After this morning I couldn’t help but wonder why I started acting like an ass to her anyway. It might be because I won’t her and can’t have her since she’s out of my league or because about half of the whole male population likes her too and she’ll think I’m not good enough for her, whichever one it is I hate them both.

“Hello? Tone-Tone?” Jaime said, waving his hand in my face.

“What?” I asked him annoyed; I couldn’t help seeing as I was thinking about why Ahysha wouldn’t want to be my girl friend.

“Did somebody think about the wrong things in the middle of the day? What was it porn, erotic fantasy or maybe just Ahysha?” Jaime asked and laughed when he saw the look on my face. He was spot on with the last one but where did the first two come from?

“What the hell man? Porn, fantasies? What were you thinking about?” I asked him, eyeing him up suspiciously. He laughed and sighed turning around walking to his next class. It was the last class of the day and he was the only one who had it with Air. “Bye to you too Jaime!” I yelled to him when he was halfway down the hallway. Everybody in the hall stopped to look at me, like they were seeing the sun for the first time. What? Have they never heard me talk? Probably not, I don’t have much to say, so when I do talk it’s shocking.

I walked to my next class alone and sat down in my usual seat in the back of the class. I sat in the back by the window so that if I wasn’t paying attention I wouldn’t get caught as easily. “Hey, mind if I sit beside you?” I heard a feminine voice ask from in front of me. I looked up to see a girl, who must be new since I never saw her, standing there. She had black hair but the ends for the most part were blue. She snake bits and was tall, around my height and I was 5’7.

I shook my head, “Um… no. Go ahead, nobody sits there anyway. If you don’t mind me asking, are you new here?” I asked her, proud that I didn’t stutter like I did with Air.

“Thanks and yeah I’m new. Just moved here earlier this week with my dad. My name is Addison Daniels.” She told me. I just realized I haven’t told her my name.

“My name is Tony Perry. Where did you move from?” I asked her, because if I’m going to hang out with her, I got to know something about her.

“Texas. The land of blistering heat.” Addison said laughing and I laughed with her. She was funny, I liked her already but not in that way I liked Ahysha that way. I saw her staring at me before she spoke again. “So tell me, who is the lucky girl?”

I looked at her with a face full of confusion, “Wait. What the hell are you talking about?” I asked her.

“The girl you’re with, you’re crushing on, the girl you like.” Addison told me clearing things up. Ahysha is two out of the three and she isn’t the first one.

“Nobody.” I told her quickly, quick enough that she could tell it was a lie.

“Keep lying to yourself Tony. It never works out in the end.” Addison told me before turning to pay attention to the lecture Mrs. Barnes was giving. I was in U.S. government and I hated the damn class. Finally the bell rung a whole hour later, releasing us from this hell they call school.

“Addison, what’re you doing after school?” I asked her, hoping she’d say nothing. I think her and Ahysha would get along great. They have most stuff in common, I think.

“Nothing, this isn’t you asking me on a date is it, Mr. Perry? Because even though you’re cute, I’m not interested.” She told me. I laughed and looked at her.

“No, but I am asking if you want to come to my band and I’s band practice were all guys but my friend’s neighbor is going to be there. I think you two are going to get along great.” I told her, hoping it’d change her mind.

“Is this neighbor a girl?” She asked me and I nodded. “I guess so, I’d have to tell my dad but he should be alright with it. What time does it start and I need the address.”

“Did you drive here? If not my friend is going to give me a ride and she wouldn’t be rude enough to not give you a ride.” She shook her head, no. I dragged her down the hall to Air’s locker. “Air, baby I need you to do me a huge favor.” I say when we reach her locker and I’m slightly out of breath.

“What is it Turtle?” I saw Addison raise her eyebrows at me, I shrugged and told her I’d explain later. “Give me and my new friend here a ride to band practice?” I asked her, nicely.

I saw her look out from behind her locker and smile. “Um… Hey I’m Ahysha Penar but everybody calls me Air. Who are you?” Ahysha said all polite, I just rolled my eyes.

“I’m Addison Daniels, but everyone called me Addie or something or another. I’m new, just moved her this week from Texas.” Addison told her in the same tone. I laughed and they both looked over to me.

“Enough with this tone, I hate it. It’s all-casual with us, Addie and Air! Air you should know that by now!” I tell her as she close her locker door and twist the lock a couple of times.

“I know but she’s new and a girl. I don’t want you guys to scare her off with your rudeness.” She tells me, like it’d be me. It’d be Jaime or Vic’s fault before it’s mines. We walk out into the parking lot and she leads us to her car, in it’s usual spot. “I gave Mike a ride this morning remember? So we have to stop by your place, then Addie’s, if she wants.” Ahysha said quickly looking back at her.

“Mike is the band’s lead singer’s brother. Otherwise known as the drummer. His brother name is Vic and he’s our singer and guitarist. I’m the lead guitarist and Jaime is our bassist. Jaime and Vic are the weird ones, sometimes Ahysha too if she hangs around them for too long.” I say to Addison. She nods and I smile.

“Are we going to your house Addison?” I heard Ahysha ask from the front as we wait for Mike.

“If it’s ok with you. I live by the sea food place, by the surf board shop.” I smile, that’s not far from Ahysha’s place.

“We’ll go after we take Tony home real quick, and I mean quick Tony or you’ll be late. Your place is close to mines so I’ll drop you off really quick, then we’ll head to my house.” Addison nods and Mike finally gets into the car.

“Hey Air, we can go. Sorry I’m late but Danny needed something.” When Mike looks over to say something to me he notices Addie. “Hey, I’m Mike Fuentes.”

“I’m Addison Daniels, but call me Addie.” Addison tells her and we head over to my place.

“Mike we’re dropping by Tony’s, then Addie’s, then mine’s and then yours. Any problems?” Ahysha asked him, daring him to object, which he didn’t like we all knew he wouldn’t.

“Why did she call you Turtle?” I heard Addie whisper to me.

“I like turtles.” I told her.

“Why is Mike scared of her?” I heard her say back.

“Because she’s scary as hell when she’s mad or somebody objects to something when it’s not an option. Actually she doesn’t like a lot things that somebody does if there isn’t a good enough reason for doing it.” I tell her and we made it to my house. “I’ll be back.” I tell her and Air gets out of the car and takes the keys with her.

“Don’t hotwire my car Mike, we’ll be back.” I heard her say before she follows me to my room. I could practically image what Addie is going to assume and ask when she gets the time. It’s weird but Air met my family and they like her, and want to see her every time she comes by, which is everyday. I don’t understand why but at the same time I do. Because I can’t help but feel as if I want to see her even when I already saw her. Best feeling in my whole entire 17 years of life, ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
I did this with my other story so I figure why not this one? I put a quote from Twilight in here and you have to find it. First person to have to it right gets to be a part of my story. Anyways how about this new girl? Anybody got a close as to who she's going to end up with? I don't either, so please somebody tell me. <3

Addison's outfit
I think a picture of Ahysha's car is long overdue, don't you? It's a Mercury Marauder

Comment, Subscribe and recommend please?