Status: Hiatus, might be deleted soon.

This is a Wasteland

Makings of a Good Day

*One month later, December*

Ahysha POV

It’s a safe bet to assume that over the past month I’ve gotten closer to the boys, especially Mike and Tony. Mike has practically become my best friend, I could tell him everything and he wouldn’t judge me, and gives great advice, something everyone assumes he sucks at. Tony… I don’t know how to describe our relationship it’s a love-hate thing, but I have a crush on him, that had grown over the weeks I’ve been here. We always flirt at each other a lot, like every chance we get but we argue over the stupidest stuff.

For example, I could’ve been going to get something from Mike’s room and when I come back he wants to have this full-blown argument in front of the guys about nothing. He assumes since Mike and I spend so much time together, we MUST be fuck-buddies. I’m a fuck-buddy to nobody. I hate when he does that but I wouldn’t show him that, because even though I like him a lot, I won’t tolerate his dick attitude at times.

This past month has been stressful on me because just two weeks ago, I got a surprise from my mom. It wasn’t the jump over for joy surprise either, depending on if you see it from my view. It was I see red and I’m going to hurt somebody surprise. I know, I know she had a right to be happy, but not when her boyfriend was a complete and total dick to me! I mean he acts nice when she’s around but when she isn’t he’d say things like “When we’re married, I’m sending you to boot camp” or my most hated, “I’m one step closer to making you less of a whore.” I seriously don’t understand what I did to him, he can’t hate kids because he has two boys, twins, and I never said anything when he’s around to say something wrong to him.

Whenever he’s at my house, which is almost all the time now, I’m at Mike and Vic’s house, Tony’s place, even though I said he was a dick he’s nice to me these times around, or Jaime’s place. Just last night mom dropped the bomb that he was moving in with us, after she said that I stormed out and went to Mike’s window, which was in the backyard, and stayed the night.

I woke up this morning with the same clothes as last night on, in Mike’s bed beside him. “Mike, Mike.” He just groaned and rolled over. I rolled my eyes before pushing him off the bed. “Get the fuck up loser!” I whispered yelled because I’m sure his mom doesn’t know I’m here, yet.

“I’m up, what was that for?” Mike said, standing up from the cold floor.

“For not getting up when I said so the first time. Does your mom know I’m here yet?” I asked Mike as I went to his dresser, and found my stuff in the top left drawer. I keep some regular clothes, pjs, toothbrush, and underclothes here, for nights like these.

“Yeah she came in last night. I told what you told me, she isn’t going to tell your mom you were here.” Mike said to reassure me. I nodded before grabbing some clothes and going to take a shower. I washed my hair and body before getting out and brushing my teeth. Then I took the time to curl my hair and run my hair through it so the curls look messy kind of. I got dressed in my clothes, wearing jeans and long sleeve shirt with a jacket since it’s around 42 degrees today. I left the bathroom and went to check on Mike in his room, he had this habit of getting up, showering then going back to sleep naked. When I went into his room, he was actually dressed for once.

“Ready to go and where’s Vic?” I asked Mike as he got off the bed and grabbed both of our jackets. I went to Vic’s room to see him still sleep, so I went to wake him up. Only for him to grumble something about skipping school for more sleep. I shrugged, and told him bye before going to my car with Mike in tow.

“Mind if I play something?” Mike asked me, and I shrugged. He should know he doesn’t even have to ask anymore.

“You don’t have to ask Mikey, go ahead.” I told him and he went into the glove box and pulled out ‘Dude Ranch’ by Blink 182 and I smiled. “Good choice.” I told him, still with my eyes on the road. I saw Mike smile at the corner of my eye and nod.

We, I, pulled into the student car park at school into my usual spot. We both got out, pulling on our jackets again before walking to the front of the building, where Jaime and Tony were waiting for us. “Where’s Vic?” Tony asked when we were in hearing distance.

I frowned, “Well hello to you too.” I said sarcastically to him before turning to Jaime. “Hey Jaime!” I smiled to him. Tony rolled his eyes while Jaime said hi and smiled back to me.

“Not now Tony and Ahysha.” Mike said being the voice of reason since Vic wasn’t here. “Vic said something about skipping school for sleep. Safe to assume he’s not going to be here until third.” Mike said to Tony, trying to keep the peace between us. If he stops being a dick, there would be peace.

“Aren’t those the clothes you keep in Mike’s dresser, Air?” Jaime asked me and I looked down, automatically getting pissed. I nodded and Mike pulled me into his side. I felt Tony’s eyes watching us the whole time, and I hate that he only notices me when Mike does something like this.

“Of course, now what’s wrong Air?” Tony asked sounding better than when he greeted us, when he noticed something was off. I shrugged not wanting to speak about it.

“Her mom’s boyfriend and his two sons are moving in with them, next week.” Mike answered for me, seeing as I wouldn’t say it.

“Damn! Why don’t you tell he Air?” Tony asked me, taking my hand and leading me away from the group. I’m sure I felt electric currents running through my body from his touch. I shrugged, “You can’t keep doing this! Talk to somebody, talk to me!” Tony whispered yelled in order to not draw attention.

“I talk to Mike, and as long as she’s happy I’m happy.” I told Tony.

“But you’re not happy, you’re pissed. You’re bottling this up and when the bottle is full it’ll explode and I know you don’t want to explode on your mom. Do you?” Tony asked sounding much like a sensei in that moment.

I shook my head, “No Tone, I don’t. But I don’t want to ruin her chance for happiness either.” I told him, feeling conflicted.

“Then talk to someone, talk to Mike, Jaime, Vic, hell even me and I know I wasn’t the nicest to you this past month. Talk to somebody that cares, hell you know you could stay at any of our houses, our moms adore your ass.” Tony said laughing at the end.

I laughed too and nodded, “Thanks Tone.” I said before we started walking back to Mike and Jaime, who were still outside of the building. Tony and I hands were still intertwined and he must’ve realized it too because his hand dropped mines.

“Have a nice talk?” Mike whispered in my ear with his arm around my waist. I nodded, and smiled.

“Yeah we did. Now walk me to class so I can make you late.” I told Mike.

“No thanks. Tony looks as if he’s going to kill me any moment. See you later.” He told me dropping down so he could kiss my cheek. “Bye Air!” Mike said loudly before walking with another guy to his homeroom class.

“Bye Mikey!” I yelled, catching up to Tony and Jaime, squeezing between the two. We walked to our class in silence, Jaime leaving five doors before Tony and I. Tony and I made it to Algebra 2 as soon as the late bell rung and we quickly made our way to our seats, in the very back of the classroom, where nobody could see us. I smiled before getting the stuff I needed and turning to pay attention to Mr. Ashton’s lesson. Today had the makings of being a good day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here goes another chapter, and guess what? Two days after the last one! Newest record for udating for any of my stories! :) Comment, subscribe, recommend please?

Ahysha's outfit
Mike's outfit