Runner in the Night

All In My Head

The first time Arizona got into the world of hunting, she was so sure no one else was crazy enough to do what she and her sister were doing, but as the time passes by, she realized there are a lot of people desperate enough for answers, they would drop their 9-5 jobs to go on the road and follow the path of uncertainty.

Arizona was so lost in her own thoughts when the other side of the couch she was sitting on sunk down by the weight of someone else, and that when she snapped out of her thoughts to meet a pair of beautiful big hazel brown eyes, whom she then recognized as Jaime Preciado’s.

“You look like a creep when you stare someone like that.” Arizona stated bluntly.

“Well, to hear that coming from someone riding in our tour bus kind of hurts my feelings, you know..” Jaime paused for a second and play hurt, but Arizona, on the other just rolled her eyes. “Okay, tough girl, first, it is okay if you want to completely fangirl over my handsome feature, and second, what the hell were you doing in San Fransisco?”

“Vienna and I didn’t even want to come here..” Arizona said in doubt.

“But something happened, didn’t it? As far as I remember, Vienna doesn’t want you to go hunting alone.. So really, what made you two drove all the way to San Fran?” Jaime asked, adding more pressure for Arizona to answer.

“Vienna had been dreaming while she’s wide awake, and every time, every single time she had those dreams, or I believe it was more of a vision, all she was calling for was Vic. I don’t know what the hell is going on, but I sure as hell know it’s important for her to see Vic. So one night, when it was my turn to drive, I change the destination.”

Listening to what Arizona was telling him, Jaime almost couldn’t believe what he was listening to. All those dreams Vienna had was almost like pieces of puzzle, scrambled all around. There was some missing pieces when it was just one sided, but when you put the story side by side, everything fits all together.

“So you’re saying that Vienna knows Fiona was a demon who wants something from Vic?” Jaime asked as Arizona nodded in response. “We gotta tell the others when they’re up, and you should seriously get some shut eye.” Jaime added as he stood up from the couch.

What Jaime said was true, though. It was getting really late for Arizona to be up, but how was she supposed to fall asleep when her sister was somehow a part of something she didn’t even know what. Arizona stayed still on the couch until her eyes could no longer stay open.

As the sun rises, being one of the girls in the bus, Vienna was the first one to be up. She had been sleeping inside an additional bunk inside the tour bus that she was supposed to share with her sister, but the sun was up pretty high and she found herself alone in the bunk, and she knew right away either Arizona didn’t get any sleep at all, or she passed out right outside the bunk.

Vienna then decided it was only right for her to show some nice gestures to these boys by making them breakfast, and that was when she found her little sister asleep on the couch. If this happened before the whole vision thing, Vienna would have thought Arizona couldn’t sleep because she was breathing the same air as one of her favorite bands, but this was a whole new situation, and Vienna knew exactly why her sister passed out on the couch. As much as she was touched by her sister’s concern, Vienna didn’t want to be a so-called burden for Arizona.

“Ari, wake up!” Vienna said as she stroke her sister’s arms. “Seriously, girl, wake up!” She added more power in her voice, only to be approached by none other than Vic Fuentes.

Vic chuckled a little while seeing the demeanor of the sisters as he just walked past Vienna and carried the younger of two to the additional bunk where Vienna had spent the night before.

As much as Vienna wanted to act normal like nothing was happening, she couldn’t ignore the fact she had been seeing Vic, even though he was on the other side of the country. So when Vic sat down on the couch, Vienna just stared at him, still thinking whether or not she should tell Vic what the real situation was.

“I’ve been seeing you in my visions.” Vic stated bluntly while Vienna was taken aback. “I saw you and Arizona drove to San Fransisco and got into the mall. I saw you with your gun and everything. How do you know Fiona was a demon?” Vic added as he looked up to the female figure standing before his eyes.

“I had a vision of her. She tried to lure you into a deal, a deal of I don’t even know what. But she was evil, hell, she was a demon, Vic. How could you just trust someone like her and took her into your room?! She could have killed you!” Vienna said within one breath and it was now Vic’s turn to be surprised.

Neither of them could explain why they knew each other’s activity, but what they do know, is that something strange was happening. Like there was a bigger and stronger force out there trying to tell them something. What they knew for sure, is that they complete each other like a board of puzzle. What they do know, is that they might be in danger. But neither knew who was to call about this.

“I think it is better if you come to San Diego with us. You and Arizona. It would be much safer if we stick together, right?” Vic asked as Vienna nodded with hesitation.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I have been gone for a year now, but I have been extremely busy with college and everything. Recently, I found the time to finally start reading some old fanfics I subscribed to, and was devastated at how they were unfinished, so I thought it's time to finish what I started.

I'm telling you, updates will probably be super slow, but I surely hope to finish this story as the way I planned it. Hope some of you are still reading! (and if you do find any errors or oddity in this chapter, please do tell me)

- Amelia <3