Status: Updating as much as I can!

I Need You.

It Was Better Than Jail Time.

My alarm going off at six in the morning woke me up from my peaceful sleep. With my eyes still closed, I reached over and hit it to shut it off. I rolled over to the side to shake my wife Val awake. She stirred for a second then climbed out of bed with me. She headed to the bathroom first while I went downstairs to eat breakfast.

Sitting in the kitchen, my phone started ringing as I brought a piece of toast to my mouth. “Hello?” I asked, mouth full of food. “Hey” it was Brian. “What’s up?” “Are you ready for court?” I rolled my eyes and took another bite. The whole reason I was up so early was because of stupid fucking court.

“No. I want to get in and get the hell out.” “Yeah I hear ya” suddenly I heard the shower shut off. “Hey I gotta go get ready.” “Okay. I’ll see you there” I nodded then hung up. I left my plate there and headed upstairs. Val was getting dressed when I walked in. We didn’t speak as I walked by.

It’s been like this for a while. We’d see each other but wouldn’t speak. I brushed my teeth and washed my face before getting into the hot shower. I let the water run over my body for a few minutes before I started to wash my hair. Twenty minutes later, I was stepping out of the shower with a towel wrapped around my waist.

When I walked back into my room, Val was sitting on the bed, putting on a necklace. She picked up her shoes and walked out. I rolled my eyes and went to the closet. I put on fresh boxers, a baby blue long sleeved button down shirt and black slacks. I sprayed on my cologne then put on my deodorant.

I also grabbed my shoes and left the room. Val ate an apple while I went to grab my keys. We stepped outside into the warm California air and headed to the car. I started the black SUV and backed out of the driveway. The thirty minute drive to the courthouse was silent as always.

When we got there, the guys were already inside waiting for us. Val left my side and went to talk to her sister Michelle and Brian’s girlfriend. “Hey” the guys greeted me. “Hey” I greeted back. It was almost time for court to start so we made our way inside.

We sat on the second row of benches in the courtroom and waited. There were three cases before my name was finally called. “Matthew Sanders” Judge Abram called. I stood and walked to the front of the room and stood before the Judge. “Let’s see” he said out loud as he scanned over the piece of paper that he held in front of his hands.

“Fourth DUI in two months” he glared at me from behind his glasses. I smiled innocently and shrugged. “It was my friends birthday” I said simply as my friends laughed from where they were sitting. “Mmhmm. Well, Mr. Sanders I’m in a good mood today so I’m not going to throw you in jail” I nodded, glad I wouldn’t have to leave my music career behind. “But I am going to put you on probation for one year and sentence you to community service for two months” well it was better than jail time.

“Where am I serving my community service at?” I asked. “Los Angeles Community Hospital. Report there tomorrow at 8 am” that wouldn’t be too bad. Just two months of helping sick people. “Thank you” I said and turned to walk away. “Mr. Sanders” he called, causing me to turn back around. “If you get another DUI during the time that you’re on probation, I won’t be so nice” I nodded. “I will throw your ass in jail.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Like I said, this is my first Avenged story so I'm nervous yet excited! :) I'm working on getting a layout made for this story so please be patient. Thank you for reading! :)