Status: Updating as much as I can!

I Need You.

These Next Two Months Will Be Very Fun.

Jasabelle’s POV

“Jasabelle” there was a hand on my shoulder, shaking me awake. I threw my other arm back and swatted them away. “Jazzy, come on. It’s time to get up” I groaned and sat up in bed. “Morning, honey” my mom’s voice came from the left right side of me. “Morning” I rubbed my now open eyes.

Even though my eyes were open, I was still surrounded by blackness. That’s all ever I saw since I was born twenty four years ago. But that was okay. Even though I’m blind, I still live a full life. I have friends and family that support me and I’ve come to terms with what my problems are.

“Come on. It’s time to get ready” my mom’s voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I nodded before she helped me out of bed. She led me into the bathroom and helped me into the shower. After my shower she handed me a shirt and a pair of jeans. I was sat down in front of a mirror where my hair and makeup was done.

“Time for breakfast” she announced then I was led down the stairs. After the stairs, I was sat down in another chair where something was placed in front of me. “Pancakes” her voice came from in front of me. A fork was placed in my hand before I was able to cut into the fluffiness of the pancake. I ate one full pancake before my mom told me it was time to leave.

She led me to what I assumed was the front door and slipped on a pair of flip flops. I stepped out first but had to wait a second while my mom closed and locked the front door. I was told we lived in a nice house since, my dad was a doctor who ran the hospital where I spent most of my time, and my mom was a hairstylist. I suddenly felt her grab my hand and lead me away from the house. We walked a few steps before a car door was opened and she helped me into the passenger seat.

The car started and I was handed something. “Your sunglasses” my mom’s voice came from the driver’s seat. “Okay” I said as I slipped them on my face. It was quiet the rest of the way to the hospital. Once the car stopped and it shut off, my door was opened and my mom took my hand to help me out.

We once again walked a few steps before the swooshing of the automatic doors was heard. “Good morning, Jasabelle” the lady at the front desk greeted. I waved in the direction her voice came from. “Okay. Let’s get on the elevator” my mom said from my side. I didn’t say anything as the elevator doors opened and we stepped into it.

We rode up four floors till the elevator dinged and the doors once again opened. She held my hand as we stepped out onto the fourth floor. We walked down the hall till we heard other people talking. “Alright, baby. Your dad will be by later to get you and take you home. Okay?” I nodded before she led me into the room. “Hello, Jasabelle” the voice I recognized as Janelle said.

She was the one who ran this room. This was the room where all the blind people hung out where we could make friends with others who are blind. “Hi” I greeted her back with a smile on my face. “Bye, sweetheart” my mom said after she placed a kiss on the side of my forehead. “Everyone” Janelle said loudly as she took my hand and led me over to where the others were standing.

“We have somebody new joining us” Janelle said as I felt someone standing next to me. They also grabbed my hand. “Jazzy?” it was my friend Chelsea. “Yes?” I squeezed her hand to let her know it was me. Chelsea was also someone new in this room.

She’d been blinded when she got into an accident which was four months ago. She’s still having a hard time accepting what her future has for her. “Who do you think it is?” she asked me. Before I could answer, Janelle was already answering her question. “His name is Matt. He’s not blind, but he is volunteering her for two months” I scoffed loudly for everyone to hear me.

No one ever volunteered here. They only came here if they were in trouble and were forced to come here. “Jasabelle?” Janelle called a question in her voice. “Hmm?” I raised my eyebrows up in the direction where I figured she was. “Did you have something to say?” I smiled mischievously.

“We’re blind. Not stupid. You don’t have to lie to us. Just tell us the truth. This fuckup got in trouble and the judge forced him here” all the blind patients laughed at my words. “And you know this how?” a deep male voice asked. “I have my ways.” “Well, anyways” Janelle jumped in before things could get too heated. “This is Matt Sanders and he’ll be here for two months. Let’s all try and get along, okay?” I could feel her looking at me.

“Come on Matt. I’ll show how to do a couple of things” Janelle said loud enough for all of us to hear. Matt Sanders. I know him. These next two months will be very fun. I thought with a devious smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you, thank you, thank to my 46 readers, my 9 subscribers, my one recommendation, and my one comment! :) Hope you enjoy this chapter. I'm working on the next one. Thank you for reading! :)