Status: Updating as much as I can!

I Need You.

The Deal.

Matt’s POV

“Come on Matt. I’ll show how to do a couple of things” the room runner said to me. I nodded and followed her, trying to forget about what that little girl just said. It really wasn’t that big of a deal but I was so pissed off lately, anything could have set me off. “So basically what happens here is that I work with them on exercises where they can use new ways to see without their eyes” I nodded. “What you can do is just walk around the room and talk with them. Ya know, get to know them better” I nodded again.

“They really don’t get to associate with anyone who can see. But what you don’t want to do is treat them like they’re less than you. They get treated that way all the time.” “Yeah. Okay” I didn’t care honestly. I just wanted to get this shit over with. As of right now, I was completely jealous of my friends. They were free and go do whatever they wanted. I wish I could be doing what they were doing.

“Alright. Go ahead and mingle” she smiled at me and I quickly walked off. I headed towards the first person I saw. It was a guy who was about my age. He had dark hair and was shorter than me. “Hey, man” I stuffed my hands in my front pockets.

“Hey. What’s your name?” he reached his hands out towards me. I didn’t know what to do so I took his hands and put them back down by his sides. “Um, I’m Matt. What’s yours?” “Oh. You’re the new guy here” he smiled. “Yes, I am.” “I’m Charles” I held my hand out to him so we could shake. I had it there for several seconds before I realized he couldn’t see what I was doing.

I had to reach out and grab his hand so we could shake. “It’s nice to meet you” he retracted his hand. “You too” I put mine back in my pocket again. “So what do you do?” he asked me. “I’m in a band” his eyebrows lifted.

“Really? That’s great! What do you play?” “I sing” he nodded. “Cool. What’s the band’s name?” “Avenged Sevenfold.” “Oh! Right. I’ve heard of you guys. You’re great” a genuine smile graced my face. “Thanks. Do you play?” he shook his head. “I used to play drums.” “You should meet my friend. He plays drums” he smiled and nodded. “Were you in a band?” he shook his head no.

A knock on the door made me turn my attention away from the man I was talking to and look behind me. There stood an older dude dressed in black scrubs, and a white lab coat. He had gray hair, tan skin and a salt and pepper beard. “Mr. Marks!” Janelle said with excitement. “What are you doing here?” his eyes drifted towards me. I’d only been here for five minutes; what the fuck could I have done?

“Mr. Sanders” he said as he walked up to me. “Yes?” “I’m Gregory Marks” he offered me his hand which I took and shook. “I run this hospital and I’m Jasabelle’s father” I looked between him and her. They looked nothing a like expect for their eye color. Nonetheless, I nodded my head, understanding him.

“What can I do for you, sir?” I was only being nice because this quack would sign my release papers and maybe if I was nice to him, he’d let me go early. “Well, as you know, Jasabelle is blind” I nodded for what felt like the millionth time today. “Jasabelle’s mother or I take her here and back home every single day. I’m supposed to take her home today but I can’t” I immediately knew where he was going with this. “Matt, the only reason I agreed to let you serve your probation time here is because you’re strong. And I need someone to protect my daughter” he gestured to where she stood talking with a friend on the opposite side of the room.

“Okay…” I thought he just wanted me to take her home. But now, I had no idea what he wanted. “Matt, if you agree to protect my daughter, I will end your probation time here early” I was back on track. “But that means you spend every day with her. That means picking her up taking her here and home. Then hanging out at the house with her for a little bit. You don’t hurt her or fight with her. You agree to do whatever she tells you to do. Become her friend. Do we have a deal?” he looked at me questioningly, while holding out his hand. It took me a minute to shake, not knowing what I was really getting myself into.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woohoo! Have I mentioned how much I love my layout!? :) What do you guys think of it? This chapter is the setup to their realtionship. We'll eventually get into their deep feelings for each other. Thank you for reading! :) And thank you to my readers, subscribers, commenters, and recommenders. :) You're all fantastic! :)