Status: Updated maybe once a week.

Royally Screwed

Chapter Eleven

". . .But how did he manage to get approval for his son from Parliament?" Vic asked to himself and Kellin gave Vic's hand a little squeeze, blushing a bit when Vic squeezed back with a tiny smile on his face, "Well, whatever. I can still be courted by him."

"Y-you're okay that a boy is a potential consort?" Kellin asked, blushing. Vic only gave a shrug.

"Worth a shot."

"Is he handsome?" Kellin asked and Vic shrugged again.

"Don't know. Never seen any of the Preciado family other than the Duke and his wife," Vic replied.

"So, hold on. You've never met any of your consorts before?"

"Nope. Rian just picks them out for me, I told you. I'm seeing them all for the first time at dinner later. " Vic replied and bumped Kellin's shoulder playfully. Kellin giggled and bumped back and soon, the boys were just straying down the hall, bumping into each other and laughing, not really sure where they were walking but knowing that they were having the time of their life getting there.

That is, until shouts were heard from the hall.

"Your Highness! Your Highness!" Rian's voice could be heard and Vic groaned, turning around to see his advisor running up from behind, face in a flush and agitated expression that turned more annoyed when he saw the two's hands linked together, "Your Highness, you must get ready for the dinner!"

"I'm showing Kellin around the palace," Vic said, raising his and Kellin's clasped hands and Rian frowned even more.

"Well maybe if you didn't sneak him off to heaven knows what, he would know where to go!" the advisor shouted and Vic frowned at him, "Now come on, Her Majesty wishes to speak to you and then you must get changed."

"But I'm showing Kellin ar--"

"Well I'll find someone else to show him around! Your mother wants to see you now!" Rian growled out, linking his arm around Vic's other one and tugged the prince away from Kellin. The advisor began to drag the prince away, passing by a man in a blue and white uniform who was carrying some towels. He made the man stop, gestured to Kellin and said something to him that Kellin couldn't quite hear before continuing to take Vic to see Her Majesty. The man carrying towels walked over to Kellin and greeted him.

"Hi," the man said and smiled, "I'm Tony. And you are?"

"Kellin."

"I'd shake your hand but mine are full," Tony said, gesturing to the large stack of towels and Kellin held his hands out.

"I'll help you--"

"Oh God no, you're His Highness' guest. You shouldn't be doing the chores," Tony said, beginning to walk and Kellin quickly followed after, "So His Highness' advisor asked me to show you around, do you mind if our first stop is the Laundry Room? And then I need to go to the Soup Kitchen and then I can show you to where you'll be staying," Tony explained the little itinerary, making a left in the hallway and Kellin made a left as well.

The hall had so many windows, tall and curtains pulled back to show an amazing view of the courtyard with green acres large and vast. And there was what appeared to look like woods, so many trees bunched together to create some mysterious little glen that Kellin was curious about. Curious if those woods were like the ones in fairy tales, ones with enchanted trees and little cuddly woodland creatures that appeared at the sound of a song. Tony made another left, to a wooden door and opened it with a quick hand jolting out to grab at the door handle and yank it open, beginning to step down the set of stairs and Kellin following behind.

He looked around the laundry room once they got there. It was surprisingly marvelous, even for someplace to be doing laundry at. It was quiet, the machines large and scattered around the room were white laundry hampers with a golden letter on each. Tony walked over to one of them, placing the towels inside and turning back around to face Kellin.

"Well, let's go," he replied and Kellin raised an eyebrow.

"Don't you need to wash them?"

"No, that's not my job. I just gather the things, straighten the beds, wash the dishes, sweep, dust and anything else the Royal Family wishes of me," Tony replied, already nudging Kellin in the direction of the steps. He followed Tony as he made lefts and rights after going up the flight of stairs and Kellin thought Tony must've been here a pretty long time to memorize the way to the Soup Kitchen. After a while, the smell of coffee and freshly baked bread hit his senses.

Vic did say they were having breakfast once they got to the palace.

It was noisier in here than in the hallway, so many people running around in blue and white uniforms similar to Tony's and chattering to each other in both Spanish and English. Kellin watched as some servants were grabbing their dusters while others were grabbing flowers and vases, the entire area seemed like a madhouse with so many people all over the place. But then again, they were expecting a lot of dignitaries tonight for dinner, maybe everyone is getting ready for that.

A girl walked up to them both, blond hair up in a pigtail and placing hands on her hips as she looked between Tony and Kellin.

"Who's this?" she asked and Tony jutted a thumb out at the teen.

"His Highness' guest, that 'American consort'," Tony replied making air quotes around the last two words and Kellin blushed red. They knew? The loud chattering in the kitchen hushed down to whispers back and forth, most of the personnel looking at him.

"N-no! I-I'm not a consort, it's not like that! Vic and I are just friends," Kellin explained, blushing hard and the servants glanced at each other before starting up again and continuing with their own business. The blond girl smiled, walking over and leaning forward towards Kellin, inspecting him close.

"Just friends? And he lets you refer to him by his first name?" she questioned and Kellin bit his lip.

"Um. . ."

"Don't pester the poor boy, Kimberly!" An older sounding, more mature voice chimed in. An older, rather plump woman came over to Kellin and smiled. She curtsied, "It's very nice to meet you, Mr. Quinn."

"Mr. Quinn, Jean? He's just a kid. And we all thought that His Highness was bringing back a pretty girl, not a teenage boy," the girl, Kimberly, said with a tiny pout and Kellin looked down at the floor.

"Aw Kim, you're making him feel bad," Tony replied and Kellin shook his head.

"N-No, I understand. I'm kind of a surprise. . ."

"I'll say. The country got turned on its head when they found out about you. Bet they're still going to be talking about you even when the prince makes his announcement tonight," Kim said with a teasing smile and Kellin looked up at the girl, confused.

"Announcement? What announcement?" Kellin asked and the woman glanced between the two servants around them.

"Tony, Kimberly, why don't you help the others? I'll show Mr. Kellin his room and be back down shortly," Jean said, Kim giving another pout at the sound of that but Tony placed a hand on her back and began to lead the girl over to where some roses were sitting in water.

Jean smiled at Kellin, her lips red as a rose and cheeks round looking, soft, "If you would follow me, Mr. Quinn," she replied and Kellin nodded slowly, now following the woman out of the Soup Kitchen and back into the hall, this time they were going right and heading towards a large set of stairs that spiraled upwards into the second floor.

"Um, but what's the announcement Vi- I mean, His Highness. . .going to make?" Kellin asked and he could hear the woman give a little giggle.

"Well, it's not really much of an announcement. Just the same old like usual, he has consorts that Mr. Dawson picked for him and he still doesn't want a wife," Jean's voice had a tinge of humor, Kellin knew the woman was smiling. Though. . .he wondered if anyone that worked at the palace knew about the Duke and his son, that a boy was a consort and Vic could possibly fall in love with. Jean and him began to walk up the stairs, the walls now being adorned with what looked like past rulers and each of them draped with long and flowing fabrics of gold and silk. So many of them were kings, Kellin didn't even see queens. . .

Jean guided him over to a door once they got onto another hallway, opening it and letting Kellin step inside first.

The room was spectacular. It was absolutely gorgeous, it was large and Kellin could see a balcony giving a beautiful view of the grassy acres around the palace and a small view of the little town close by over the grassy hill. The walls were creamy and golden, the ceilings tanned and smooth and Kellin's jaw dropped, looking around and trying to take in all of the beauty.

"This is your room. You can stay in here, bathe at around six and be dressed by seven for dinner," Jean explained calmly and Kellin turned to face her.

"But I don't have a suit! Are my things here and packed?"

"They should be. And His Highness is sending a suit up for you to wear," Jean said with a small smile and Kellin's eyes widened. Of all the things that could happen to him, he still couldn't believe that this was one of them. Jean gave a small bow, "I hope that you enjoy your stay, Mr. Kellin."

"T-Thank you," Kellin stuttered out and she smiled, turning around and walking out of the bedroom while closing the door behind. Kellin turned, giving one last look around and a gigantic smile overcame his face as he saw the large bed with gold colored bedsheets on top. He rushed over, flopping himself onto the bed and taking one of the pillows into his chest to squeeze tight, mouth falling open to let out a small squeal of excitement.

He was so far from Florida now, and he didn't ever want to go back.

---------------

Kellin already bathed in one of the servant's bathroom parlors, showering quickly and getting into one of the blueish robes provided before making his way back to his bedroom to find the suit that Vic had got for him that was residing on the dresser by the walk in closet. It was a gorgeous suit, black and neatly pressed. Stitched into the sleeves was an emblem, it must be the royal crest and he found himself feeling even more special knowing that he was wearing something royal. It just sent chills up his spine as he dressed in the light blue dress shirt and slipped on the suit jacket. Fit him perfectly, and Kellin was smiling as he shimmied on some underwear and his black slacks to match the jacket. He buttoned them up nicely, grabbing the black tie and tying it into a good knot before smiling at himself in the mirror, taking a comb and brushing his hair.

Not bad, not bad.

Hopefully good enough for royalty.

He smiled, heart beating steadfast as he exited his bedroom and began to make his way to the spiral staircase as thoughts wandered into his head how tonight was going to be like. He wondered what the other consorts were going to be like. Were they nice? Were they kind like Vic and truly wanted the prince's love? And his mind drifted to the Duke, the Preciado family. He was honestly quite excited to see the boy consort. The Duke was plenty handsome so his son must be as well. Kellin slowly walked down the steps and once he reached the ground floor, followed the first couple of servers carrying dishes and cloths for the dinner. They didn't notice his presence, just idly talking about what Kellin assumed to be Vic and the dinner.

Then when Kellin heard 'american', he blushed. Obviously he somehow got involved in the conversation as well.

They entered through a tall white door and Kellin was surprised to see that Vic was already there, tapping his fork on the plate with a bored expression on his face. Until he noticed Kellin, Vic's eyes now brightening and he was beginning to smile big, gloved hand going up to beckon Kellin over.

"Hey, you're early. Excited to see your consorts?" Kellin giggled, taking a seat.

Vic's face scrunched up and he replied, "No. I have to be the first one seated. My mom gets seated last. Sucks."

Oh yeah, Kellin forgot, he was going to meet a Queen. He gulped.

"The food's gonna be awesome, Kells. Tino's a kick-butt chef." Vic said and before Kellin could reply, doors opened, in rushing Rian and the man's eyes seemed to grow positively livid when he saw Kellin sitting beside Vic before the the advisor's eyes darted at Vic.

"Your Highness, do you want your guests to believe those rumors are true?" Rian asked and Vic rolled his eyes.

"He's just sitting next to me, what's the problem?"

"That is not his seat."

"Well I order it to be his seat and the person that was supposed to sit here take his old one," Vic replied and Rian's face grew so red, Kellin thought the man's head would pop off. Rian opened his mouth and Vic had an amused expression on his face, raising a finger to point, "Ah ah! I'm a prince, you gotta do what I say!"

Rian growled, turning and storming over to where the vacant seat was on Vic's left, standing behind it and gripping the back of the chair. He turned to Kellin, the boy still sitting in his seat and frowned hard, "Get on your feet! The first guest is arriving!"

Kellin's eyes widened. Here come the consorts. He stood awkwardly beside Vic, not really knowing what to do. Servants began to pile into the room, standing in a row and at attention as a well dressed guard stepped inside the dining room and chest puffed out proud.

"Her Royal Highness, Princess Stella of Fluplankistan and her father," the guard announced, voice booming loud and he stepped aside.

In walked a girl with blond hair reaching just past her shoulders. She was beautiful, Kellin had to admit and her garbs were exotic, flowing with each delicate step she took. Walking before her was a large man with a beard but no hair on his head. It be her father, Kellin knew. But that meant the man was a king. Kellin gulped as the princess and her father took the seat farthest from Vic.

"Why are they sitting over there? Shouldn't she be next to you?" Kellin asked and Vic sighed.

"Yeah, well, they probably wanna suck up to my mom or something. My mom sits right there," Vic pointed to the seat beside the princess' father.

The next girl that arrived was a woman named Alexandria. She bowed to Vic and then she and her father took their seats at the middle section of the table and they began chatting away with what Kellin knew was the French language. But he wasn't sure. Every now and then, the girl would glance at him and it was making Kellin feel uncomfortable.

"Presenting Lady Sierra of Versage and Lord Aldrich Kusterbeck," the guard announced and Kellin's head whirled at the sound of the name. This 'Lady Sierra' was awfully pretty, yes, but she didn't look too happy to be there. She looked around the room rather awkwardly and her smile was crooked. She walked slowly, not because she was trying to be elegant but because it didn't look like she was used to high heels. She sat beside Alexandria and her gaze snapped to Kellin. She gave a nervous little smile and Kellin smiled back.

Next was a girl named Taylor, Kellin didn't quite catch her title nor her last name because she. . .well, she looked great. She didn't look pompous and stuffy like Alexandria and Stella. She looked open and she smiled at everyone in the room, even giving Vic a little wave. Kellin watched as Vic smiled and waved back. She looked nice and friendly. Kellin thought Vic ought to choose this girl.

"Presenting Jaime, Marquess of Isle de Pierre and Miguel Preciado, Duke of Veilenne."

Now all the heads that were at the table turned in shock as the two men stepped into the room. Even the servants were looking in amazement, apparently no one really knew about the surprise consort. And Jaime was, well. . .beautiful. He was tall and broad shouldered and Kellin knew there was muscle under the sleeves of his black suit. His raven hair stood up in spikes, and he grinned big, showing off his dimples and perfect teeth.

Here's the thing that had Kellin's eyes widen in shock and his mouth hanging open: instead of bowing to the prince like the other consorts, Jaime walked over to Vic, went down on one knee, took the prince's hand in his and kissed it.

"Your Highness," Jaime greeted, his voice soft and romantic. Jaime looked at Kellin and oh, what a breathtaking shade of hazel his eyes were, Kellin noticed, and the tall boy winked.

Jaime let go of Vic's hand, the prince still looking at Jaime in shock like everyone else that he actually approached him like that, moving to take his seat along with his father and just giving Vic a longing and deep gaze. All was silent at the table, servants beginning to rush out the appetizers to settle down in front of each person and Vic's hand went out to grab Kellin's' and tug the boy down into his seat beside him.

Kellin fell into the chair, eyes locked on Jaime and never faltering but Vic's hand was squeezing hard and tight around his own. But the prince didn't look nervous at all. Kellin bit his lip, leaning over to Vic to whisper in his ear.

"Woah. What just happened?

A small smile tugged at Vic's lips, "Yeah. I know. Coming on a bit too strong there, that guy. What was his name?"

"Jaime." Kellin replied.

Soon, everyone began to stand and look off to the direction of the door, Kellin turning his head and seeing a woman dressed in a cream dress and a tall boy dressed a nice dark blue suit standing there.

"Presenting Her Majesty Lucille-Jennifer, Queen of Miridia and Her other Realms and Territories and His Royal Highness, Prince Michael, Prince of Miridia," the guard announced and everyone bowed where they stood, Vic gently pulling Kellin down and smiling as the pale boy blushed. His eyes flickered for a second, seeing the prince taking her seat while the Queen sat at the last available chair in front of her. Once both of them were seated, everyone sat down in their chairs.

The Queen glanced over at Kellin, raising her hand and giving a tiny little wave accompanied with a warm and nurturing smile, like a mother would give to a shy little boy and Kellin felt his heart flutter, raising his hand to wave back. Everyone stared at the gesture, Kellin's hand quickly darting back under the table and holding his head down low. But Vic just gave his hand a harder squeeze and Kellin squeezed back, heart racing at the thought of how he was going to get through this dinner.

"Well," the Queen began, clasping her hands together and smiling, "Let's eat."
♠ ♠ ♠
I WAS EXCITED TO POST THIS BECAUSE OF SUAVE JAIME AND PRINCE MIKE BYE.