Status: Updated maybe once a week.

Royally Screwed

Chapter Seventeen

"Knew you stole too much food," Kellin groaned, holding his stomach, wiping the chocolate off his mouth with his other hand as he lied on one of the cream couch in the living room. Vic was lying on the other one, the prince rubbing his stomach and chocolate all over his mouth as he gave a small smile.

"But it all looked so good. . .that chocolate cake was delicious," Vic mused, licking his lips and Kellin glanced over to the mess they both made on that table. Boxes were all open, food half eaten or not but the chocolate cake's stand only had measly little crumbs. Viv hummed, getting onto his feet and stretching, "Well, I'm going to go brush my teeth and then I'm off to bed. . .are you staying for the night?"

"What?" Kellin asked rather confused and Vic gestured to his bedroom.

"Staying. As in spending the night here," Vic answered and Kellin blushed red at the thought.

"Oh. . .but I. . ."

"My bed is big enough for two people," Vic suggested and Kellin only blushed more. Not like Vic was offering something more, not like Vic was saying they were going to do anything, but Kellin still felt his skin grow hot at the thought of sleeping in the same bed with Vic. Sleeping underneath the same sheet and curled up together like back at home, close. . .and intimate. . .

N-No, not intimate. N-Nothing of the sort.

"Do you want to stay? You don't have to if you don't want to, I can take you back to your bedroom if you want me to," Vic said and Kellin shook his head, leaning forward and giving a tiny smile.

"Um, maybe I'll just make a small palette for me on the floor or something. It'll be like a sleepover," Kellin replied and Vic crooked his head to the side.

"Sleepover?"

"Yeah. . .oh wait. . .you probably never had that, huh?"

Vic sighed, "No, I haven't. . .but can this be my first one?" Vic asked and Kellin nodded his head. Vic smiled, getting onto his feet, "Great! What's the first thing we do?"

"We really should get cleaned up for bed before we forget," Kellin replied, gesturing to the chocolate icing still smudged all over the prince's face and Vic nodded, taking Kellin by the hand.

"We'll wash up in my bathroom," Vic replied, happily tugging Kellin back through the doors that led to his bedroom then to another set of white double doors on the other side of the wall. They both stepped inside, the bathroom lavish and large with white tiles and creamy walls. A larger mirror and marble sink with soaps and small towels folded neatly on top were to the right and Vic led Kellin over, handing him a towel of his own before opening one of the small cabinets on the side of the sink and pulling out some toothpaste and two toothbrushes, "Here, these are brand new, you can use one."

"Thank you," Kellin said, smiling big.

The two washed up, faces clean and with a yawn Kellin was taken by the hand and led out of the bathroom to the large bed. Vic crawled on top, getting underneath the sheets and watching as Kellin awkwardly rocked from left to right, "Are you sure you don't want to just sleep in the bed? I could sleep on the couch or something."

"N-No, it's alright. Um. . .do you have any extra bed sheets and a pillow?" Kellin asked and Vic pointed to the large wardrobe cupboard settled at the back of the bedroom. He walked over, opening the wooden doors and pulling out a couple of heavy blankets and two pillows, carrying his items back over to where Vic's bed was and began to form a small little palette there. It was like a cozy circle, Kellin layering up the blankets so it was comfortable and then tucking the two pillows in as he looked down at his work with a smile. He crawled underneath the first blanket on top, snuggling in and giving a contented sigh as he looked up at Vic on the bed, the prince looking down at him with a smile of his own.

"This is a sleepover, right?"

"Yeah. Maybe next time, we could do other things," Kellin replied. Vic tilted his head to the side.

"Like what?"

"Like watching a movie. Or playing games. . .or maybe we can just talk or listen to music. Hey, maybe you can bring an instrument up here and teach me how to play something!" Kellin said and Vic's eyes just seemed to brighten so much.

"It sounds like fun. . .you ever had sleepovers, Kells?" Vic asked, lying back down more in his bed and Kellin turned to stare up at the white ceiling high above the royal blue walls.

"When I was little, maybe two or three. Not any now though, not any after my parents passed away," Kellin said and Vic sighed.

"Well we'll have a sleepover like the one you described. With a lot of snacks and sweets too," Vic said brightly and Kellin smiled.

"You're going to be the first king with all his teeth rotted out at a young age if you keep eating candy and cakes like this," Kellin commented.

"Don't think just because I'm in the bed doesn't mean I can't come down there and tickle you for being cheeky again," Vic threatened, looming over the edge of the bed and wiggling his eyebrows and Kellin squeaked, tugging the blanket up to cover him up.

"Don't you dare! I'm not going to get in trouble again!"

"Okay, okay. . ." Vic said and then yawned loud, Kellin yawning as well, "Sweet dreams, Kells."

"Sweet dreams, Vic," Kellim softly said back and Vic reached over, turning out the small table light and the bedroom blacked out save for the comforting glow of light from the city shining through the window. Kellin gave a tiny smile before curling on his side and closing his eyes, letting himself be taken away into his dreams.

----------

A couple hours into the night, Kellin heard the bed creak but he did not stir. Then, his blanket shifted and a arm draped over his body, warmth snuggling into his back and Kellin turned but his eyes still remained closed. The arm that draped around him relaxed, the warmth and a sweet comforting smell wafted into Kellin's nose and he hummed, feeling something nuzzling into the crown of his raven locks gently and sleepily.

He didn't say anything, just continued to dream.

----------

Morning broke, the glow of the city lights being replaced with the glow of the bright sun and its warmth inviting Kellin to awaken. The young boy gave a small hum, eyes fluttering and trying to stir but finding that his legs were tangled in something that wasn't bedsheets. He looked, Vic's cheek still rustled in Kellin's hair and the young prince sleeping quietly with arms wrapped around Kellin's small frame and holding him close. He blushed, not believing that Vic got out of his bed to sleep on the floor with him, his head growing light and his heart speeding so fast. Vic hummed, his arms around Kellin's waist squeezing and Kellin gasped, blush coming across his cheeks as Vic's eyes fluttered open as well to look into Kellin's shy ones.

"G'morning," Vic said lightly, unfazed by the position the two of them were in.

"Why did you get out of your bed?"

"I was lonely," Vic murmured, holding Kellin tighter and Kellin blushed even more. "We can still sleep, today's Wednesday. Nothing happens on Wednesday," Vic replied, closing his eyes and snuggling back into Kellin's hair.

"I'm sure Rian has something he wants you to do."

"And if he does, then I don't care. 'M tired," Vic mumbled and Kellin sighed, trying to push out of the prince's grasp to sit up straight but the brunette had a firm hold on him, "Stay. You're soft."

Kellin blushed, "Don't say that, I'm not your pillow."

"You are now."

"Vic-"

"I order by my princely princeliness that you be my pillow and stay," Vic said, more humor in his voice and Kellin knew the boy was awake, now just playing with him and Vic tilted his head to let a charming brown eye smile up into Kellin's blue-green ones and the prince's lips forming a smile of their own. Kellin sighed, lying back down and Vic hummed. "That's better," the brunette purred and Kellin gave a tiny nod.

"So what do you do on Wednesday if nothing happens?"

"Wednesday is etiquette school," Vic murmured.

". . .That sure sounds like something, Vic."

"It's boring, so it's nothing," Vic replied and Kellin bit his lower lip. He wondered when he was supposed to be getting his etiquette lessons and if they were going to be done by his tutor as well. He hoped so, he liked the woman and she treated him like he was one of her own instead of being the foreign outsider like everyone else did. "Don't worry about it, Rian won't bother me until eight since etiquette school starts at noon. And by then, we'll already be a hiding spot and he won't be able to find us."

"Us?"

"Yep, we're going to have some fun today."

"Not if Rian has anything to say about it," Kellin replied and Vic scoffed.

"What could he do?" Vic muttered, his lips so dangerously close to Kellin's ear and Kellin could hear Vic give a soft sigh. Then there was a knock on the door and his eyes widened the same time Vic's did, both boys shooting to sit up straight. "Y-Yes?"

"Your Highness? Are you awake?" Rian's voice asked and Kellin's heart began to beat even more rapidly, looking at Vic in fear. He wasn't supposed to be here, he was going to get in trouble for being in Vic's room and Vic was biting his lip. He got up, beginning to throw the sheets onto Kellin and wrap the smaller boy tight, Kellin looking at Vic in shock and confusion as to what the prince was doing. Then Vic scooped Kellin into his arms easily, still wrapped and almost shrouded in the bedsheets and ran him over to the dresser to plop him down beside it.

"Don't move and don't say anything," Vic whispered, running over to his bed and jumping on it to throw his own bedsheets on him and the door opened. Rian walked in, along with a woman who, in Kellin's opinion, looked very strict and very snooty. Her nose was upturned, her hair in a bun and her clothing drab and grey. Rian looked as Vic faked a stretch, eyebrow raising as he glanced over at the pile of sheets near the dresser and sighed.

"Your Highness, why did you take all these blankets out?" Rin groaned, beginning to walk over and Kellin almost squeaked but trying not to shrink back into the covers and move.

"I-It's fine Rian! I'll put those away later! I was um, cold. And I'll get those things later," Vic called out and Rian stopped, looking over at the prince before raising an eyebrow.

"Is that so?. . .Your Highness, I thought you would like to know that Mr. Quinn is not in his room. And kitchen staff has reported he didn't come downstairs to breakfast either," Rian said sternly and Kellin gulped, the woman staring at his shield of sheets and Vic began to smile nervously.

"Well um. . .maybe he went to the garden. I promised to meet him there in the afternoon-"

"But you have your etiquette lessons and from the evidence that it was you who made off with last night's dinner when I forbade it, it looks like that little date of yours is going to be canceled. Now, shower up and get dressed, you need to get started," Rian replied, turning on his heel and beginning to walk out when the woman stopped him, pointing over at the pile of sheets.

"Surely you're not going to let him go without putting those sheets away. A young prince must learn to do things now and not put them off till later. It just isn't cultured, living in a pigsty when you are to be living in a palace," she said, wrinkling her nose and walking over to the pile of sheets, scoffing, "Honestly all these sheets, if you were really cold-" she pulled off one, Kellin's head poking out and she screamed. Rian looked over, his eyes widening before turning to narrow them at the prince, Vic just closing his eyes.

"So I was right, as usual. Wherever one of you are, the other is surely close by," Rian murmured, walking over and tugging Kellin out of the pile of sheets by the wrist and placing hands on his shoulders, "This is your other student, Kellin Quinn."

The woman, now Kellin understanding she must have been Vic's etiquette teacher looked him up and down, holding his chin and tilting his face from left to right to observe and she hummed, giving a frown.

"Ah, yes. He's American, alright. Looks quite foolish too. And he is rather. . .child-like," she commented and Kellin saw Vic getting out of the bed, angrily storming over to the woman.

"Excuse you, you old-" Rian quickly slammed a hand over Vic's mouth, tugging the struggling prince into his body.

"Your Highness, let's not be rude to your teacher. Your sixth teacher. Whom you won't chase away," Riam said through clenched teeth and the woman glanced at the prince.

"No worries, Mr. Dawson. I have ways of dealing with these kinds of behaviors. I assure you once we are done, you will have a more calm and mature prince as well as a helpful and responsible. . .consort. . ."

Kellin blushed and Rian's eyes widened, "No, no. He isn't a consort, he is a pageboy."

"Hmph, a pageboy and a prince. What a scandal to have upon the Royal Family," she replied and Kellin could hear Vic give a muffled growl. She turned, "Pick up those sheets and be down in the Etiquette Room in one hour with both of you dressed in proper attire. Princes are prompt, never tardy," she stated and walked out of the bedroom, closing the doors with a hard shut. Vic broke away from his advisor, eyes shining dark.

"I am not going to have lessons by her! Insulting Kellin-"

"Your Highness please, please just bear with her. We needed to find someone that was strict and we needed to find someone that would not give in to your tricks."

"I'll show her a good trick. Not going!" Vic shouted and Rian sighed.

"Your Highness-"

"Vic," Kellin said softly, walking over to the prince, "If we can get through this lesson together, maybe you can take me to the garden. Is it pretty?"

"Very pretty," Vic said with a smile, "So many roses and there's a maze where in the center is a wishing fountain. You'll love it when you see it."

"Then let's get ready so that way we can go afterwards," Kellin said with a smile and Vic smiled back, turning on his heel and rushing out of his bedroom to go into his closet. Kellin sighed, looking over at Rian and the advisor was staring at him with a dumbfounded face. He blinked once, twice before shaking his head and letting out a tired sigh.

"Just get ready," Rian mumbled and Kellin nodded, excusing himself from the bedroom and from Vic's living room, walking out into the hall and began making his way back up to that spiral staircase to go to his room.

He'll show that woman, he can be mature, not childish.
♠ ♠ ♠
Relish in all these happy scenes yaYY