Status: Updated maybe once a week.

Royally Screwed

Chapter Thirty Two

The next day, Kellin was sat on the soft, carpeted floor of the library. He was reading a different version of Rapunzel than what was in his big fairytale book. This one was interesting, Kellin thought, because the witch who kept Rapunzel locked up in her tower cared for her and treated her as her daughter so Kellin was surprised because usually the witch was always evil and cared for no one but herself.

Rapunzel looked out of the solitary window in her high tower. She could practically hear the beat of the birds' wings at how tranquil everything was and always was. Her feet longed to touch grass, her lungs begged to take in breaths of fresh air, her eyes pleaded to see new sights. The scenery out of her window was beautiful, yes, but even beautiful things get tiresome to look at.

And Kellin momentarily stopped reading at that last sentence.

Even beautiful things get tiresome to look at.

Kellin thought it was strange because, well, he never got tired of looking at Vic. Vic was beautiful, with his warm brown eyes he could look in all day, and locks of dark hair he wanted to tangle his fingers into and rough calloused hands that held his own hands like he never wanted to let go and his perfect kissable lips. He didn't think he'd ever get tired of looking at Vic and Kellin subconsciously touched the heart shaped pendant of the necklace Vic gave him. He still wished upon his paper stars every day though he knew they could never be together. He wished with all his might but he knew it wouldn't work in the end. He should cherish his remaining moments with Vic before Vic gets tired of him and leaves him already.

"Hi, Kellin," a voice said.

Kellin turned around and snapped the book shut quickly. It was just Jaime standing there with a happy grin on his face. The marquess sat next to him on the floor.

"What are you reading there?" he asked, interest piqued.

"O-oh, it's just. . .Rapunzel. A fairy tale. I know it's childish, sorry," Kellin said sheepishly.

"It's alright, it's quite cute actually, that you read fairy tales," Jaime said and Kellin blushed. "What is it about?"

Kellin smiled and replied, "It's about a girl with long hair locked up in a tower by a witch. The tower is really high and only has one window-"

"I know a tower like that, there's one here in Miridia!" Jaime cut off.

"I learned about that in tutoring the other day. I really want to see it but. . .No one wants to take me there."

"It's beautiful, there are lots of flowers around it and the tower is really old but still nice to look at. I'll take you there if you want," Jaime offered.

"Really, you will? When? Today?" Kellin asked, his eyes sparkling with excitement.

"No, not today. I have horseback riding with His Highness later today. Maybe tomorrow if I have nothing to do," Jaime explained and Kellin nodded in understanding. The marquess' eyes trailed over to the necklace hanging on Kellin's pale neck. His eyebrows shot up in interest.

"That's a pretty necklace. Where did you get it?"

Kellin blushed and thought of what he was going to say. He couldn't tell Jaime he was still seeing Vic. He trusted Jaime, he knew he wouldn't tell Parliament but if he were to know they were seeing each other at night, it would crush him and his hope of Vic loving him back. So he lied.

"It's old, m-my mother gave it to me before she. . .died," Kellin stammered out.

"Oh," Jaime said, looking sympathetic, "I'm sorry I brought it up, it must be so painful to lose your mother."

"I was young when it happened. I miss her so much," Kellin said, hugging the book close to his chest.

"Just know that she loves you and she's probably very proud of you now. Kellin, you're in a big palace living with royalty I know she's proud of her son," Jaime said, placing a hand on Kellin's shoulder.

"Thanks, Jaime. You know just what to say," Kellin said with a small smile.

Jaime squeezed his shoulder lightly before letting go. Suddenly, the two heard the library doors open. They heard footsteps going towards them and a while later, they looked up to see Vic and Rian. Kellin glanced at Rian who looked impatient, his arms crossed and his foot tapping on the floor lightly and then his eyes trailed over to Vic who was looking right at him and practically beaming at the sight of him.

"Mr. Preciado, the horses are ready. You must go," Rian said, looking annoyed.

"Oh. Yes, I'll be right there. Bye, Kellin," Jaime said getting up from the floor and dusting himself off.

"Your Highness, we're going to have so much fun later," Jaime said, smiling widely at Vic who wasn't even looking at him.

"You and Rian can go ahead, I'll catch up with you later," Vic said, still smiling at Kellin.

Rian murmured something almost inaudible and then said louder, "Your Highness, I know what you're doing and you know what will happen if you say a word to this boy."

"Come on, Rian, it's just one time. I haven't talked to him in such a long time. Please?" Vic begged.

Rian sighed irritably, "Fine. But just this once. Be down by the horses in ten minutes."

Kellin watched as Rian and Jaime left the library, closing the door behind them. Before he could even have a chance to avert his eyes to Vic, he was tackled with his back to the floor and kissed by the prince. Vic pulled away and got off of him, grinning at Kellin who in turn, had a shy smile on his face.

"Hey," Vic greeted.

"Hey," Kellin said softly.

"You're wearing it," Vic pointed out, picking the pendant up with his index finger and thumb.

Kellin sat up and said, "Yeah. Jaime asked me a while ago how I got it. I had to lie to him."

"You've been spending a lot of time with Jaime. Should I be worried?" Vic asked, envy in his words.

"No, no, of course not. We're just good friends," Kellin defended.

"But didn't you think he was a jerk?"

"That was before. He's different now. Turns out he's kind, funny, sweet and he brings a good mood wherever he goes and--"

"What are you trying to say?" Vic cut off.

Kellin sighed, looking down to the floor. "You should pick Jaime. As your consort."

"No, absolutely not. I'm not picking anyone, I won't pick anyone who isn't you," Vic said, frowning. His face softened and he took Kellin's hand in his. He used his other hand to lift Kellin's chin, forcing the younger boy to look at him.

"I love you and only you. And it will always be that way. You have to understand that I love you and I am going to marry you someday. It's going to be hard to make it happen but it will happen, I guarantee it. Please, Kell. Don't give up on us," Vic said tenderly, looking into the blue-green eyes he loved so much, the eyes he wanted to look into forever.

After a while, Kellin replied in a soft voice, "Okay."

Vic smiled and leaned in, kissing Kellin's lips. "I'm going to go to Rian and Jaime now. I'll see you tonight. I love you."

"I love you too," Kellin said with a smile tugging at his lips.

Vic kissed him one last time and then left him in the library alone but full of butterflies.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short I'm sorry. SHOUTOUT TO MEXICAN ANON WHOEVER YOU ARE WHO REMINDED ME TO KEEP WRITIN I LOVE YOU MEXICAN ANON,