Join Me in Eternity.

New.

I finally trusted myself to wander outside of the house and into town. Everyone eyed me warily and made me feel uncomfortable. I was new, but I felt like everyone knew my secret.
I kept my eyes fixed on the ground, not daring to look into anyone's eyes, or in any shop windows. I was in a hurry to leave; to get out as fast as I could. It wasn't that I couldn't contain myself; that wasn't the issue, I felt uncomfortable, like something wasn't quite right.
In my haste, I abruptly ran into something. Or someone. Hard enough for it to hurt me, even just a little bit.
I glanced up hesitantly for a quick apology, "I am so sorry."
His blue eyes met mine, "It's alright, love. Part my fault anyway."
His smile was welcoming and sweet; his voice smooth and accented. It took me all off guard. Everything about him was both charming and intriguing.
His smile grew as I continued to watch and study his face. Upon realizing I was probably making the entire situation awkward, I blinked, took a step back, and apologized.
"No, it's no problem love. Are you new in town?"
I opened my mouth to speak, but didn't know how to respond exactly. "Hmm, well kind of." I scrunched my face, to look at least a little cute and draw attention away from my awkwardness.
His smile broadened, and I felt my face redden, "You're kind of new to town?"
"I think I am in temporary residence at the Salvatore Place."
"Oh? The Salvatore's brought you to town? Fitting. You look like you'd fit Damon's taste quite well."
"I guess you could say that." I liked Damon, a lot, but I couldn't be too sure on what we were. He was vague, but genuine and sweet all at once.
His accent was almost too much for me. "Once, a long time ago I suppose you could say, I ran with a Salvatore brother."
'A long time ago...' vampire.
"Oh?"
He nodded, "Stefan. He was quite the life of the party."
"Really? Stefan? The 'broody' one, as Damon likes to call him." I smiled at the thought.
He laughed slightly, "Oh love, there's much you don't know of the brothers, of Mystic Falls, of the past. And certainly about Stefan in his heyday." He grinned as if recalling old memories.
It occurred to me, I did know very little of anything that was going on. I was treating it like it were everyday of a normal life.
"That's quite the lovely necklace. May I?" He gestured towards it, and we were standing in the sunlight.
I took a few steps back, "Uhh,"
He smiled, and leaned in, "That's alright. I understand." He stood straight again, "Well, love, I'll let you get back on your way." He began to walk past me.
"Wait." I called after him before he was too far away. "I didn't catch your name."
"Sorry, love." He walked back towards me, "Klaus, Klaus Mikaleson." He planted a small, gentle kiss on my right hand, and proceeded to walk away.
I wasted no time heading back to the Salvatore house, where Damon greeted me. "Where were you?"
"Just out and about, looking around."
"Yeah? Find anything good?" Damon eyed me.
"I met someone."
"Someone?"
"His name is Klaus. He said he knew you guys."
I watched as Damon stiffened, and Stefan perked up on the couch. The two brothers making eye contact. "The Originals." Damon sighed.
"I don't know what that means." The Salvatore's had a knack for leaving me out of the loop. Being vague was a common trait that I had no desire to adapt to.
"The Originals." Stefan stood from the couch, "They're the original vampire family. And they're back in town."
Damon took a seat, a glass of dark liquid, one I could only assume was human blood; he made it look so classy and normal. "And worse yet, we don't know why."