Join Me in Eternity.

Secrets.

It felt as if both of the brothers were doing what they could to keep me in the dark. As the ever so mysterious Klaus stated, there was much I didn't know about a lot of things. And day by day it ate away at me. What exactly had I been getting myself into? No doubt, the wrong crowd, that was a given, but that provided no answers.
A knock on the door brought me out of my thoughts, neither Salvatore rushed to the door to answer it; much less did I hear their footsteps.
I slowly opened the door, afraid of what could possibly lay on the other side.
Klaus and yet another unfamiliar face. Klaus offered a warm smile, and so did the other man accompanying him.
"Good morning, love." Klaus offered simply. "This is my brother, Elijah."
Elijah stuck out his hand, we shook, and he bowed every so slightly.
"We've business to attend to with the Salvatores." Klaus looked me in the eyes; I was constantly growing fond of him every time we met, even though this was only twice.
I stepped aside and opened the door wider for the two to enter. In which case they did, without an invite.
Damon stood behind me, leaning against a wall, Elijah and Klaus in unison greeted, "Damon."
In turn, Damon nodded, "Klaus, Elijah." He stood straight, no longer leaning on the wall, "Why in the hell are you two back?"
"Oh, Damon, there's that friendly hospitality we missed." Elijah grinned, charming, and took steps towards Damon.
Klaus glanced back at me, "I believe a meeting is in order."
"What's there to meet about?" Damon asked, I couldn't tell if he was genuinely concerned, angry, or worried.
"Lots." Klaus and I locked eyes.
A part of me felt like I knew him, but I was certain I'd never met him prior to the day before.
I was left alone in the living room, it seems I was left that way a lot lately.
I didn't know where the meeting was being held, I didn't know what was being discussed, and I didn't know why it was so important. Once again, no one found it important enough that I needed to know, or it was too important for me to know.
After what had to have been at the least an hour and a half, the four filed out. The Salvatores looking distraught and the Mikaelsons not showing even the slightest bit of emotion on their faces.
"It was lovely seeing you again..." His voice trailed as if he didn't know what to call me.
"Oh, uhm, sorry, Brooklyn." I smiled.
"Brooklyn." He seemingly finished his sentence, and placed yet another gentle, innocent kiss on my hand.
It wasn't until the two had left and Stefan shut the door behind them, that I noticed I had told Klaus my real name, and hadn't even shared it with Damon.
I turned to see a disgruntled Damon, eyebrows raised, "Brooklyn?"
"I-- sorry." I quickly avoided his upset gaze.
Damon didn't say anything, fixed himself a drink, and took a seat on the couch. I knew if I'd say anything more, I'd only make it worse.
Wandering upstairs, I stopped at Stefan's open doorway. He looked up, almost instinctively. "I imagine Damon hates me now."
Stefan shrugged, "He'll get over it."
"But even you know my real name." Stefan waved me inside and I obliged, taking a seat at the end of his bed, "You know more about me than Damon does."
"He hasn't really been around." When I didn't reply Stefan continued, "The meeting, it was about you."
That caught my attention, "Why? What'd you guys-- why?"
"I can't exactly say, we don't really know everything for sure, and--" He looked up at me, "Just, nothing. I can't really explain a whole lot more."
I nodded, "I'll try to make up with Damon."
"That's probably a good idea."
♠ ♠ ♠
There's not a lot to this chapter, but there is so much yet to come. I can't even begin to explain it.
I didn't really know where else to go with story until I had a comment from Nialls_The_Boss. It just gave me more motivation and more of an idea on where to go with the story. Anyway, thank you all for sticking around, I love you all.
And if any of you guys would like to do me a huge favor and make a layout for this story that would be amazing, but I completely understand if that's not your thing, I am just really awful at layout making. But if you're interested you're more than welcome to send me a friend request or a message, or whatever.
Have a beautiful night/day everyone, and once again, thank you so much! You guys are lovely.