Kiss Me

[1/2]

A tall girl stood at the edge of the cliff, looking over as her brown hair surrounded her face, making it hard to see. Not that her eyes were opened anyway. She listened to the wind howling around her, breathing slowly, relaxing. This was exactly what she needed.

“Hey!” A thick, deep British voice called out from behind her. She jumped slightly, surprised someone else was around. She tried to steady herself as her balance was thrown off. Failing to do so, she fell back, crashing to the ground. The bottom of her dress flowed up, leaving the skin almost completely exposed. The sharp stones scraping her butt as she landed hard on them.

She growled quietly and turned to the curly haired boy behind her, “Are you crazy?” She yelled, “You don’t sneak up on someone standing at the edge of a cliff, you could have killed me!” She stood up and walked towards the British man, her hands furiously trying to smooth her dress down. Her soft gray-blue eyes glared into his green ones. “Well, do you have something to say? Sorry, maybe?”

He looked at her, his eyebrows drawn together in confusing. “I-I thought maybe you were going to jump.”

“So you scream at me, nearly making me fall off?” She huffed and shook her head. “God you’re stupid.” She turned to storm off, but he caught her arm.

“Listen, I’m sorry. I really did think you were going to jump. I’m Harry.” He gave her an apologetic smile and let her go.

She shook her head again and sighed, “Harry, that was a very stupid move.“ She started walking again but Harry called to her.

“Let me make it up to you?” She didn’t turn to look at him, she just waited for more. “Let me take you to dinner, something…um….”

“Blake. My name is Blake.” She sighed and crossed her arms. “Fine, you can take me to dinner. But it better be someplace nice.”

Without another word, she walked down the path towards town. The only sounds coming from the two were shoes to dirt and the snapping of little twigs. Harry followed behind Blake, unsure where to go.

It was foolish of him to wander away from the other boys at the hotel, even more foolish trying to get away from the pap as they stalked his every move. All he wanted was some quiet. Time to think. All he really got was lost. His phone still at the hotel, he had no way of contacting anyone who could help him. It was only luck that carried him to her.

She seemed local. Well, that or she was hiding the inner urge to scream his name. But she didn’t seem to know him. Didn’t seem to have any idea he was probably one of the biggest popstars in the world. She seemed completely clueless.

Blake had less complicated thoughts. She was curious about the boy who was so obviously far from home. How did he manage to make it to the cliff. That was her escape. The one place she could be anything she wanted. The only place she could get away from her father’s new wife, someone she could have went to school with.

Since her mother died, 10 years ago, her father had been through handfuls of wives. Despite the constant pleas of her and her older sister, Kendra, he married one after the other. She wouldn’t last long. Soon he’d realize she was only there for his money and she’d take as much as the court allowed her to in the divorce.

Blake saw the end of the path and dug through her purse to find the keys to her car. “Where are you parked?” She asked Harry as they walked into the parking lot.

“I walked from Thorn’s Hotel.” She froze and looked at him. That was at least a 2 hour walk. “Long story short, I got lost.”

“Unless you know the woods around here, you’re more likely to get attacked by a deer than finding a way out. My car’s over there. Where are we going?” She pointed at the black 2014 Lexus IS F Sport parked between a wagon and beat up 1970’s truck.

Harry quietly admired the car and shrugged, “Anywhere you’d like, babe.” She scoffed and unlocked the car. “How’d you get a car this nice?” He smiled as he slid into the passenger seat, getting comfy with the red interior.

“Birthday present.” She started the car and backed out. “I know a place by your hotel—“ Harry cut her off as she stopped at a stoplight.

“No, let’s not go around there.” She played with the radio as Harry tried to calm his panic. “Sorry, any other ideas?”

“Yeah.” She turned the blinker on and settled on a station. A few guys were talking about a concert and Harry silently groaned, realizing it was the one he was supposed to be doing tomorrow night.

Here’s Little Things.” They announced as the song started playing.

Blake’s finger tapped on the steering wheel to the beat of the song. Harry watched and sighed as his part came up. “Don’t like them?” Blake asked, hearing the exhale.

“They are a little overrated.” He looked out the window as they drove through town, relieved that the windows were tinted.

She smiled, “I don’t know. I don’t know much about them, but they do have some good songs, at least the ones I’ve heard on the radio.” She stopped at another light and looked at him, “Besides, shouldn’t you be proud of them, aren’t they from the UK or something, like you?”

“Justin Bieber is from Canada, but you don’t see all of them cheering for him.” She laughed.

“Touché.”

The rest of the ride was quiet as they drove through the nearly empty back roads. Harry borrowed Blake’s phone to call the others, tell them he’d be back soon, not to worry. Blake quietly thought about the whole situation. She was driving herself and a stranger, that she met in the woods, to a fancy restaurant outside of town. It was like the start of a horror movie. Though she knew nothing would happen, it was still funny to think about.

It was too late to make a reservation. So she had to improvise. To her luck, she knew a place that she could get in without a problem. If one presented itself, all she’d have to do is pick up her phone and make a simple call and the people who gave her grief would find themselves packing.

She parked in the first available spot and turned to Harry. Her eyes scanned over his dress shirt and dress pants. “You’re lucky. This isn’t a casual restaurant.”

“How do you expect to get a table at a place like this?” He opened his door and quickly circled to car so he could open hers.

She stepped out, her black sequined dress flowed out as her flats touched the pavement. Blake smiled as Harry’s large hand gripped her small pale one. “I have connections.”

She gazed at the large building before them. The front wall was made almost completely of glass. Through the glass was a large dining area. Tables were covered in beautiful black silk table cloths, candles and white plates. The black metal chandeliers hung low, surrounded by white shades. A man sat in a black suit by a piano on a small stage to the left of the dining area.

A small line was made up of couples in beautiful clothing. They stood facing the entrance, waiting to be seated somewhere inside the restaurant. Blake pulled Harry to the front of the line and smiled at the man greeting by the door. “Miss. Finazzo,” He spoke with a thick Italian accent. “Liza will be with you momentarily. Enjoy your meal.” He smiled brightly at her.

“Thank you, Paolo.” Blake turned from the man and ran to hug a girl in a black skirt and white button down blouse. “Lizabell! Is my usual table open?” The girl hugged her back and shook her head.

“The Caldwell’s came in tonight and wanted it. But the one beside it is.” Liza’s auburn hair was pulled back into a high pony, it swung as she bounced in place, talking to Blake like they were best friends.

Blake shook her head. “They are nosy and you know I hate them. How about on the other side, then? I won’t get to talk with Dante there, but at least I can hear him.”

Harry stood there as they talked over tables, his eyes fixed on the front door. He was worried the paparazzi was going to find him. Not that he cared much of what they wanted, but Blake didn’t know who he was or what he did, there was no need to ruin a perfectly good dinner over flashing lights and potential rumors. “Table 12 is perfect for you two. No one should bother you.” The auburn haired girl nudged Blake slightly and smiled. “Your table awaits you.” Liza produced a horrible French accent, which made Harry smile.

The two were seated on the right side of the piano, Liza placed a menu in front of them and took out a notebook from the front of her apron. “Ice tea with extra lemon and a bit of mint, please.” Blake said quietly.

“Water, is fine for me, thank you.” Blake looked over as Harry started studying the menu. “Blake Finazzo? Quite a name.”

Blake smiled, “You should speak, Harry Styles.” He nearly dropped the menu as his full name left her mouth. “Don’t act so surprised. I don’t live under a rock.” She picked up the menu and gazed at the pictures, already sure of what she wanted. “So why don’t you like your band?”

“I didn’t say I didn’t like the band.” He looked back at the menu and sighed, “What I said was it was overrated, which is true. Most girls just like us because we are 5 young boys, it has nothing to do with the music.” Harry set his sights on the Fettuccine ai Porcini for his first course and Agnello alla Sena for his second. None of the appetizers had him screaming for joy. “I love my band and my band mates.”

“That’s fair enough. I’m skipping the appetizer I’m sure they’ve already started on the Gnocchi Gorgonzola for me, do you know what you’d like?” She set the menu aside as Liza came back with their drinks.

“Alright, tea and water. Gorgonzola is almost ready, we’ll start on the Pollo Tricolore soon. And for you Mr. Styles?” He was completely surprised that all these people knew who he was.

“Fettuccine ai Porcini.” He struggled with ‘porcini’ at first, though he’d ran the name through his head a few times. Blake giggled to herself and offered to order the other thing, but he smiled and took his best go at “Agnello” keeping the ‘g’ when it should have been silent. “Next time, I want to pick the place. “

Blake smiled at him, “What makes you think I’d want to go out to eat with you again?”

“Well,” Harry smirked, “I’ll have you swept off your feet in no time, Princess.” He sighed and brought his hand to his face shamefully. “I promise I’m not as lame as I seem.”

“We’ll see how this goes, maybe next time we’ll work on your Italian.”

The food came quickly and the conversation nearly died. A few comments on the food found way through the hungry lips of Harry. Blake would smile and agree then ask him about himself. Harry would start saying something then stop himself to eat more. Unsure how he could impress someone that didn’t care about his fame.

First course was eaten and the second arrived a few minutes after. It wasn’t unlike Harry to receive VIP treatment everywhere he went, but he wondered what made Blake so special. He didn’t want to be rude and just ask, so he ate his second meal and asked for the check.

When Liza arrived with it, he was confused how a 5 star meal could be free. “What?” He handed the check to Blake and pursed his lips.

“I always eat here free. Perks of being the owner’s daughter.” She smiled and stood. “Dante, you were wonderful tonight.” She opened her purse and pulled out her wallet.

“Miss. Finazzo, please, I can’t take your money.” The man put his hand on hers and smiled.

Harry grabbed his wallet and plucked a $50 from it. Blake kissed Dante on the cheek and nodded her head at Harry, “He’s a great guy. You have a good night, Dante. Don’t let the Caldwell’s give you too much grief.” She winked and led the boy out of the restaurant.

They got in the car and started talking. “I was supposed to pay for dinner.” Harry complained as they rode back into town.

“You said you’d take me to dinner, not pay for it.” Blake countered.

Harry played with the radio stations and sighed, “You drove. I hardly count that as taking you anywhere.” He settled on a station and turned to Blake. “I’m going to come back tomorrow before the concert.”

She bit her lip and shook her head, “No need, and stop obsessing about it.”

“Hush now, Blake Finazzo. I’m not done speaking.” Harry watched the hotel come into view. “Tomorrow I will cook you dinner, then you will either go to my show or wait until it’s over and we will go out to have dessert.”

Blake groaned. “I deal with enough drama. I don’t need more.”

“There is no getting out of this, Blake. You will eat my mediocre food, join me or wait a few hours for me, then we will eat ice cream as it drips on our laps.” His green eyes looked into hers as they pulled up next to the tour bus in the parking lot. “I already have your number in my mate’s phone, you won’t get away from me.” He smiled and stepped out of the car. “See you tomorrow.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Part one of two!

First off, here is Blake's outfit and her sexy car

I will start on part two tomorrow after I take care of a good handful of cats at my local Petsmart. :)

Comments would be nice, but don't do it JUST to please me.

xx Bambi