Status: Updates every Sunday.

Quiet Actions

Austin

"You make me feel, like I'm livin' a teenage dream!"

Austin chucked his stuffed Yoda at Alan to keep him from singing anymore. He laughed when it collided with his friend's ginger head. Alan stuck out his tongue and continued singing off-key, dancing to add effect. Austin rolled his eyes, laughing.

"Quit being a sour puss," Alan plopped next to his best friend on the couch. "Get excited, dude. We're going to Warped again!"

Austin smiled at that. "I am excited. Just nervous."

His fingers brushed against the scar on his chest. Every night, he prayed that he'd wake up in the morning, feeling okay. Every show, he prayed his heart wouldn't give out on him. Alan noticed his change in demeanor.

"It'll be okay." Alan stood up, stretching his hand to Austin. "Things are seriously look up this year. Everything is going to be fine."

Austin clasped his outstretched hand and stood. "You're right. Things are looking up. We have Aaron and a great life ahead of us with the band."

Alan beamed and began talking about Maddie, Warped, and cats. It always came back to cats. The two men left Austin's home, seeing the rest of the band with their girls, save for Tino, in the driveway. Phil smiled and waved as he pulled out his last suitcase. Tino was already done, sitting on the curb and talking on the phone. Aaron had his suitcases out and was still speaking to Amanda. Austin and Alan's suitcases were already in the bus, they were just waiting for their friends.

"Dude," Tino hung up his phone. "This year is about to get poppin'!"

The men laughed. Austin smiled at his friends. This is what he lived for. His friends were his family. He lived for days like this. He didn't want his heart to get in the way of any of this. Austin heard a car pull up. Lionel stepped out of his friends car, waving. He popped the trunk and grabbed his suitcases. Justin came out of the back seat and done the same.

"Everyone's here!" Phil announced. "Let's go. Come on!"

"Calm down," Aaron said. "Let's make sure we have everything before we go out."

Phil groaned and walked into the bus, not bothering to check anything. Aaron laughed before kissing Amanda goodbye. She looked at him sadly. She got into her and drove off. Aaron watched the car as it turned and disappeared. Tino and Alan hopped into the car, chattering about how exciting Warped was going to be. Justin followed them in, hands in pockets.

Lionel nodded at Austin. "You good?"

Austin shrugged, following him into the bus. "Yeah, I'm fine."

Lionel shook his head. "I saw you staring at them. I know you're thinking about it…"

Austin looked at the empty front lounge. He stared at his good friend. Lionel's brown eyes held sympathy as he realized Austin really was thinking about it.

"Look, you'll find a girl," Lionel promised. "Just don't worry about the girl. Think about your band. And, your fans."

Austin nodded. He thanked Lionel and sat at the table of the front lounge. Lionel went to his own bunk, leaving Austin to his thoughts. It's been a while since he last thought of Gielle. She was a stain in the back of his mind. No matter what he did, no matter how hard he scrubbed - she was there. He sees a cute girl, then Gielle and her sickening smile stares him in the face. When he drinks, the ghost-trace of her touch and her smell haunts him. It's been a year since he truly saw her last. And, she was still a pain in his ass.

"Woo! Road trippin'!" Alan ran from the back lounge, shirtless.

Even after doing this for so long, Alan still got excited. He couldn't even sleep last night. He was wired up. It'll take a few days for Alan to calm down. But, that made Austin happy. That he was still able to find joy in their line of work, to be on the road all the time. Austin loved his job, there was no denying that. But, being on the road every day, using porta-potties, and sharing a shower with 6 other dudes, usually got the best of him. It would make him wish he were back home. But, there was no one there in his empty house. No one to tell stories to. No one to warm his bed. No one to wake up to. It was just empty.

Austin heard someone start the bus, and they were finally on their way. They were living the dream. Austin made something of his life, for his mom. Thinking of his mother, his hand instinctively went to his heart. They were living a dream.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just an intro. I know, it's pretty lame. I'm sorry. >.<