‹ Prequel: So Far Away.
Status: SEQUEL TIME!

Thick and Thin

And you are?

Adam came in the next morning, alone with Eli, before I even woke up that day. Sara was in the kitchen making some kind of breakfast smoothie and I walked in yawning. She turned and looked at me, a smile permanently on her face.

"Quit smiling like that, you're freaking me out."

"Sorry, I can't help that my fiancé is a block away from me." I sighed in relief knowing they weren't staying here. My phone started to ring.

"Hey babe," I answered, knowing it was Mark.

"You don't work today, do you?" He asked.

"Nope I'm off until Thursday."

"Want to head to the beach?"

"Sure, let me change real quick." I hung up the phone and changed into my swim suit, shorts and a cropped tank top.

"Where you headed?" Sara asked.

"The beach. Want to come with?" I asked. "Bring Adam too."

"They're sleeping. I'll join though."

**

"It's amazing out here," I muttered, sitting up to put more suntan oil on my legs. I set my knock off brand aviators on my face and laid back down on my towel.

"I know, right? Adam's going to love it." I looked up and saw Mark looking in the ocean for sea shells.

"I can't believe only two more months and you'll be Mrs. Torres."

"I know! My mom said she's going to stay here for a week longer and make a vacation out of it."

"My mom mentioned she and your mom was going to stay together," I recalled.

"Good deal," Sara said, wiggling a little to get more comfortable. I took a sip of my water.

"I could do this all day," I said. I saw a shadow over come us and I turned to see what was going on. Adam was standing there, and held a finger to his mouth and I nodded.

"What are you doing!?" He shouted in Sara's ear. She jumped so high that caused me to laugh.

"Adam you ass!" She shouted. She stood up and they hugged and started kissing.

"Ok," I said, standing up. "you can stop for at least ten seconds so I can give this guy a hug." I gave him a hug hello. It was different then the last time, he had muscles, and he was shirtless. The scars were visible under his chest, but it looked good and he knew it. He looked happier and more comfortable.

"You look great!" I shouted.

"I feel great!" he shouted back, causing Sara to start giggling. I heard someone clear their throat. When I looked over Adams shoulder, I saw Eli. He really didn't look too much different. His hair was a little longer and was pushed back messily. I could feel my heart pounding harder at the sight of him.

"Hey Eli!" Sara greeted him with a hug. I stayed back, kicking sand with my bare foot.

"Hey," He smiled. When they pulled from their hug he looked over at me, his stare sending shivers up my spine. "Alex," he nodded in acknowledgement.

"Eli."

"You look good," he nodded, smiling.

"Thanks, you too."

Mark came up from behind me, holding a big sea shell and wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Look at this one babe," he said kissing my cheek, snapping out of my trance from Eli.

"That's the biggest one you've found yet," I said, turning to hug him. Realizing my friends were still standing there, I almost forgot to introduce them. "Sorry, Mark, this is Adam," I said, holding my hand out showing Adam.

"Hey, what's up," Adam said, holding his hand out. My stomach tensed, hoping he would just get over himself and be nice to him. To my relief, Mark smiled warmly and shook his hand.

"And this is...Eli," I said, trying to perk my voice up saying Eli.

"Nice to meet you," Eli said, smiling. Mark shook his hand as he did with Adam.

"This is Mark," Sara added.

"How long have you been together?" Eli asked, looking genuinely interested.

"Two years," Mark answered, kissing my cheek and holding my hand.

"That's great," he said smiling.

"Well babe, I got to get to work. I'll call you on my lunch." He kissed me good bye and headed towards his car.

"He seems cool," Adam said, grabbing Sara's hand. I stood there feeling awkward, wondering if I should leave too.

"So Alex, how's school?" Eli asked nonchalantly.

"Good, I'm studying for my masters now."

"That's cool."

"How's the uh, the writing and stuff?"

"Great. I've got a little bit of school left to go, so.." I nodded as he spoke. How could he act so calm? Like nothing even happened? Deep down, I was pissed. Why did I have to be the one that felt awkward?

I drummed my hands on my legs, remembering I was still in my bikini. I reached down and put my shorts on, feeling self conscious.

"I think i'm going to head back," I told Sara. She nodded, understanding on my wanting to leave.

"Nice seeing you again," Adam smiled. Eli gave me a nod and I headed back to our apartment.

**

Sara and I sat at the dinner table, eating our pizza we had just ordered. Adam was tired from the day so him and Eli had decided to stay in for the night.

"Adam looks good," I spoke finally after a few minutes of silence. She nodded.

"He looks a lot better than the last time I visited." Sara had flown to Canada when he had his top surgery and a few months after he started on testosterone. She was trying to be with him as much as possible during the process.

"Yeah," I said, chewing on a bite I had taken a few minutes earlier. I was curious on what they talked about when I left. Secretly, I was just wondering what Eli said. I didn't want to be obvious though, so I kept the curiosities to myself.

"We're going to see a movie tomorrow night. You're more than welcome to come with," Sara chimed. I smiled politely and shook my head.

"No, that's okay."

"Don't say I didn't offer," she sung, standing up to wash off her plate. I shrugged, picking off the pepperoni on my pizza. "That wasn't too bad though, was it?" She asked, sitting back down to her chair.

"Huh?" I asked, not paying attention.

"Seeing Eli again."

"Oh. Yeah, not bad..."

"He looks good," She said suddenly.

"Yeah." I agreed.

"Alex, if I didn't know you strike me with lightening. I know you want to know if he said anything." She looked into my eyes and smirked. I shook my head.

"I don't really care, honestly," I lied. "I'm with Mark now, he makes me happy-"

"He can be an ass," Sara added.

"Yeah but Eli was worse."

"And that was Eli five years ago! This is Mark now! I know he makes you happy, but his attitude with certain things, trying to make you think the way he does. It's not right."

"Sara, please," I breathed.

"Do you want to know what he said or not?" I thought a second and sighed.

"Fine."

"Nothing." She said pulling her chair out and heading to her room.

"What the hell?" I asked, following her.

"You still have feelings for him," She pointed out. I shook my head at her accusation.

"No no no, you said I wanted to know what he said meaning he did say something which will make any normal person wonder what the conversation was."

She turned to face me and sat on her bed. "You could've said you didn't want to know."

"You're impossible," I grunted and turned back into the living room. I hated that she knew me too well and I hated for her even thinking I still had feelings for that ass. I was with Mark and I loved him, despite of his beliefs. He was working on them, and after all, I had been with him for two years.

What I hated even more was him not mentioning me, asking how I've been, wondering how I dealt with things. He didn't know I was broken and he didn't know he killed me on the inside. It wasn't fair that he came here and acted like nothing happened, like it didn't even happen.

I decided to go to the movies with them, making sure Eli was going. Mark had to work though, but I wanted to show Eli what he missed out on.

Ok, Alex, time to dress like a tramp.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda short and lame but I'll try my best to make the following chapters even better! Thanks for the comment Kira Tsumi!!! Also a thanks to the subscribers!