‹ Prequel: So Far Away.
Status: SEQUEL TIME!

Thick and Thin

Cheated again.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I had to constantly pull my jean skirt down, my black blouse also have trouble not revealing my flat stomach. I threw on a pair of black knee high boots with a half inch heel and smiled. My eye shadow came out perfect, black liquid liner on the top and regular eye liner on the bottom and mascara, making my blue eyes look deeper and clearer. I turned to check my butt, perfect. With one final toss of my hair that I just made wavy, I turned to grab Sara.

"Wow momma!" She shouted.

"You like?" I asked making a turn. She nodded.

"Thank God Mark is working or he would kill you if he saw you dressed like this."

"He honestly probably wouldn't know what to do, I never dress like this," I commented.

"Is this because of a certain boy you met back at home for an English project?" She asked, holding her chin in a thinking pose.

"It's not for him, technically."

"Please explain, you lost me."

"I want him to know what he's missed out on."

"Oh, so it's payback?" She cocked her eye brow.

"I guess you can call it that."

"Well let's get going, we're going to miss the previews if we don't leave now. We still need to pick them up!"

**

Sara and I walked up to their hotel room and she knocked on the door. Adam opened it with a tooth brush in his mouth, Sara growled.

"We need to get going! Come on!"

"Ok, ok," Adam said holding up his hands. "Come on in, I'll be done in a second."

We followed him in and we sat down on the sofa that was in front of the TV. I kept picking dog hair off of my boots. Nothing screams sexy like hairy boots, said no one ever.

"Come on Eli," Adam said, knocking on his door. When he came out I lost my breath. His hair was still messy, but he was wearing a nice button up striped shirt with the sleeves rolled up, blue jeans and black boots. He looked amazing.

Stop, I said to myself.

He raised an eye brow and nodded towards me.

"I didn't know you were coming," he said. I nodded, not getting up.

"Last minute thing," I smiled. I stood up and pulled my skirt down again which had a bad habit of riding up. I was starting to regret this outfit.

I saw his eyes go from my face, down to my feet, then to the floor. I smiled slightly.

"Ok let's go!" Sara urged, and we all ended up walking to the theatre that was only a couple minutes away.

We sat down in our seats, Eli sitting to the left of Adam and I sitting to the right of Sara. They were making out right after the credits had finished. I grabbed my purse and started for the concessions to get a soda.

When I turned to grab a straw I bumped into something or someone, causing my soda to fall and spill all over my shoes. Great. I looked up to start yelling and saw Eli grabbing napkins and trying to soak up the soda. My eyes furrowed.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Cleaning the mess. I was thirsty too, is that ok?" I rolled my eyes and turned back to the worker, who already made a new soda free of charge. I thanked them and went back to my seat. Eli had came back but instead of sitting next to Adam, he crossed over and sat by me.

"What's wrong with that seat?" I whispered.

"I'm getting nauseous from the sounds over there." I nodded and turned to face the screen. Every once in a while I could see him look over at me through my peripheral vision. Finally, I thought. Some recognition from this guy.

The movie was over and we headed out to an ice cream shop across the street. Adam and Sara hand in hand and I walked ahead of them, Eli right behind me.

We sat down as the three of them started talking and I licked my chocolate waffle cone in silence. Sara's face fell and she looked over at me.

"Isn't that Mark?" She asked, pointing to a guy across the street. He was leaning against the wall, one hand supporting him, talking to some woman. I squinted, trying to see better.

"I don't know." I stood up and walked out. "Mark?" I called. The guy whipped around, his face falling. Oh my god, I thought.

"Hey," he said uncomfortably and confused. "What are you doing baby?"

"What are you doing?" I snapped. "Who is that?"

"No one, don't worry."

"Didn't look like no one."

"Is there a problem?" Eli asked, walking out of the shop. I rolled my eyes.

"No," I said, not taking my eyes off of Mark. I was really starting to get tired of being cheated on.

"I like how you're asking me what's going on when you're dressed like that and hanging with your ex," he smirked. "Just go back and hang out with the fag and the tranny."

When he turned to walk across the street, I saw Eli walk after him. He grabbed his shoulder and when Mark turned Eli punched him in the face knocking him down.

"I'm not a fag," he said, and before spitting on him he said, "And my friend isn't a tranny, ass hole." He turned and walked back into the ice cream shop, not even giving me a glance.

I walked slowly to Mark and knelt down by him, the girl he was with walking up and holding her mouth in shock.

"I swear, I didn't know," she cried. "I didn't know!"

"How long?" I asked.

"A year," she answered, tears escaping. "I'm so sorry if I knew-" I stopped her by raising my hand. I believed her and there was no reason to be mad at her.

"He's a tool. It's not your fault, we both got played." I turned and looked at Mark who was sitting up and holding his eye now. "Let me see," I said softly. He took his hand off revealing a swollen eye already starting to turn a purple color.

"Is it bad?" He whined. I sucked through my teeth and nodded.

"Yeah, I think you need some ice for that." I shoved my ice cream in his face. "There we go," I smiled and patted his head before standing up and walking back into the shop.

**

"I told you he was an ass," Sara repeated.

"I know."

"Are you ok?" She asked wrapping her arm around my shoulder. I nodded, looking down at the ground as we walked back to the guys hotel. Tonight went from as planned, to ruined. I just wanted to go home and change into sweats and stuff my face with the left over pizza we had. Eli was walking in front of us with Adam.

"He couldn't take his eyes off of you," Sara smiled. "It worked."

"Good." I smiled back. "Too bad so sad."

"Maybe it could happen again," Sara suggested. "You know Adam said-" I raised my hand.

"That's fine. I'll deal with it myself."

"You are so blind though!" She shrieked, Eli and Adam turning around. She gave them a weak smile before they turned around and went back to their own conversation.

"My boyfriend of two years was cheating on me. I'm done for a while, Sara." She gave me a helpless look and nodded.

"Ok." She whispered.

We finally made it to their hotel where they invited us in. Sara wanted to say but I ended up going back home. Adam promised to walk her home the next day. Before I knew it I was in my warm pajamas under my blankets and drifting to sleep during Family Guy.

**

I was waiting in my back office for my last patient of the day. I was tapping my pencil as I was going over my solitaire game. Looking at the bottom screen at the clock, she was a half hour late. I picked up the phone and called her.

"I called earlier and left a message," Laura explained. "I'm sorry, I've just been really sick the past couple of days."

"Oh that's fine. I should've checked my messages," I said, writing a mental note to actually check the machine. "Well feel better and I'll see you next week."

"Ok, Alex, see you." She hung up the phone and I did the same. I tapped my pencil again. I decided to close out my game and leave early since there was no point. We don't get paid unless we have a session so it was pointless to stay.

I waved goodbye to Cindy before I head out to the coffee shop where I got a passion tea lemonade where I magically bumped into someone again, Eli.

"Really?" I snapped. "Are you just going to be everywhere I turn?"

"I'm sorry, I was grabbing stuff for Adam and Sara."

"She's still over there?"

"No.." I glared at him. They were at our apartment? Eli was at my apartment? "See you later," he said smiling and walked away.

Fuming I walked after him. He stopped and turned and saw me.

"Are you following me now?" He asked raising his eye brow.

"You're heading back to my apartment and so am I."

"Are you just going to walk behind me like a stalker?" He laughed. I face didn't budge from my stern look. I raised my finger at him.

"You can walk next to me but keep your distance." I started walking again.

He kept his distance and he followed me into our apartment. Meike ran up and jumped on me, nearly knocking me over.

"Hey baby," I cooed. She jumped down and leaned against me, wanting me to rub her rear.

"She got big," Adam called from the couch. I smiled.

"She did. The vet said she's one of the biggest females she's ever seen for this breed."

I set my tea down and headed to my room to set my messenger bag on my bed. When I turned I noticed Eli in the door way.

"Hi." I snapped. He smirked that same crooked smirk he had done since I met him. The butterflies were drifting back into my stomach. I shook my head to snap out of it.

"I'm just going to take your bitterness towards me and blame it on Mark." He crossed his arms and leaned against the frame. I walked up to him and pushed him aside, walking out into the living room, Eli following not that far behind.

"How was your day?" Sara asked as I sat down on our love seat. I shrugged.

"I only had one session. The last one was sick."

"That sucks," Sara said. I shrugged.

"It happens, people get sick. It's sad though because she really needs these sessions."

"Is she bad?" Adam asked, curious. I shook my head.

"Not too bad. She was a lot worse but she's showing a lot of improvement." I saw Eli from the corner of my eye open the fridge and pull out a lunchable. I started feeling annoyed.

"I thought there was a doctor patient confidentiality?" Eli called, opening the box.

"It's fine," I snapped. "As long as I don't reveal her name or point her out and keep her anonymous, it's fine."

"What if you write an article?" he retorted. I glared at him again.

"When am I going to write an article? Besides, i'm not going into details on what she's going through." I turned away from him to face Sara and Adam, and by the look on their faces, they could tell I was getting frustrated with Eli being there.

"I'm happy she's doing better." Sara smiled. I nodded.

"Me too."

Eli squeezed past me and the coffee table to sit next to me. I tried scooting as far away as I could from him.

"Well, we have to get going. We're going to get our tuxes fitted." Adam said, looking over at Eli and motioned to the door with his head. Eli nodded and stood up with his food and they both waved good bye before leaving.

"Are you going to hold this grudge forever?" Sara snapped.

"That obvious?"

"Yep," She nodded.

"I'll lift it when he realizes what he's done to me."

If he ever realizes it, I thought to myself.