‹ Prequel: So Far Away.
Status: SEQUEL TIME!

Thick and Thin

Short and sweet.

"Kill me." Sara moaned as she got out of bed. "I took three aspirin and it's still not doing anything."

"You took them five minutes ago," I laughed. She grimaced and scolded me.

"Shhhh."

That morning when I woke up, Eli was already gone. I felt kind of let down because I really wanted to see him again. I was happy he was with me during that time the night before.

"Have you talked to Adam?" I was standing at the stove flipping pancakes. She shook her head.

"He's probably worse than I am."

"I think so. Mr. Goldsworthy paid a visit last night."

"Oh really," Sara said, perking up a bit.

"Don't start thinking those weird thoughts of yours. He said everyone was drunk and he didn't feel like drinking."

"But we were out too...how did he know when we were getting home?" She wondered. I shrugged.

"He probably sat out there until we got back."

Sara rested her head on the table and groaned again.

"A shower might do you some good," I suggested. She nodded and shuffled into her room. Five minutes later I heard the shower turn on.

I turned the kitchen radio on and turned it on the local rock station. They were playing Holding Onto You by 21pilots.

"Entertain my faith," I sung as I tossed a pancake on a plate. "ENTERTAIN MY FAITH!" I shouted just to see if I could scream like he could. Total fail, by the way. I started coughing, hoping I didn't strain my throat.

Sara came out of her room with more of a spring in her step. She was wearing her pretty pink summer dress.

"Was there a cat getting strangled or something?" She asked wrinkling her nose. I tossed an extra pancake at her. "Hey!"

"What should I wear for rehearsal?" I asked, mainly asking myself but hoping Sara would have a few tips.

"Wear that polka dotted skirt."

"That's from years ago!"

"So? Put your white jean jacket over it. It'll be cute." I nodded and went to go change into that.

When we were done with breakfast and finished cleaning ourselves up, we headed out to the spot where the ceremony would take place. We were the last ones to show up.

Eli was standing off next to Drew talking and caught my entering and smiled. This time I couldn't stop myself from smiling back.

"Good terms with Goldsworthy?" My mom smiled. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"We're being civil."

"Alright, let's get this rehearsal started and keep it short and sweet. I have a barbeque to attend," the pastor joked. We all took our places. In the beginning Adam would be walking down the aisle with Audra. Eli and I would be following, along with Drew and Bull Frog. Everyone joked that they should walk arm in arm. They didn't find it as funny. Finally, Sara and her mom who would take her seat next to Audra.

Afterwards we all went to the café restaurant where Mark and I used to go to. Adam, Sara, Eli and I all sat at the same table while everyone else were scattered around. The laughter filled the beautiful clear day. I couldn't take my eyes off of Sara and Adam. They looked so happy together. Perfect, safe to say. I caught a glimpse of Eli who smiled at me and I smiled back, looking down at my napkin.

We parted and went back to our places to relax before the rehearsal dinner. Sara and I decided to relax on the beach which Adam and Eli had the same idea.

We laid out our towels and we took our clothes off so we were wearing nothing but our bikinis. Adam and Eli were in the water splashing and rough housing. Sara and I would laugh at some of the stupid shit that they did.

"You need to get in Sara." Adam said catching his breath. "The water is amazing."

"Not yet."

"Not this again," Eli moaned. Adam and Eli gave each other a mischievous grin. Adam picked Sara up and Eli started towards me.

"No." I demanded. He didn't listen. He picked me up and started running to the water. "NO!" I shouted the whole way. Before I knew it I was engulfed with ocean water, Eli still holding onto me. He finally let me go and I smacked his chest.

"What?" He laughed. I shook my head angrily.

"ASS HOLE!" Sara shouted. Adam was laughing hysterically and gave Eli a thumbs up. Eli turned back to face me.

"Admit it," he said.

"Admit what?" I asked angrily.

"The water is amazing." I turned and walked away, cursing under my breath. Sara running to catch up to me.

"They're ass holes," I scolded. Sara laughed.

"Yeah. You have to admit the water is perfect."

I laid back down on my towel and adjusted my sun glasses. I caught sight of Eli and smiled.

"Perfect."
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is literally short and sweet. It's kinda just a filler. :) I'll try and make the next one longer.