‹ Prequel: So Far Away.
Status: SEQUEL TIME!

Thick and Thin

Time stands still, beauty in all she is.

"You look so beautiful," I choked at Sara. I could feel tears starting to well up.

"Are you close to your period or something?" She asked, smiling. I shook my head.

"No," I sniffed.

"Get make up stains on that dress before the wedding and I'll cut you." We both laughed. Everyone was ready and we were getting ready to walk out the door. There was a photography following every move of Sara to get pictures of her getting ready.

We took the elevator and headed to the beach, meeting at a pavilion nearby. Adam and Audra had stayed at a different location since Sara didn't want him to see her before hand. She was very superstitious. All the guys showed up at the same time, wearing sun glasses.

"Really?" Sara asked me. I shrugged. I saw Eli walking toward me, a smirk on his face. He looked handsome, breath taking even. He wore an original black tuxedo and had gotten his hair cut a lot shorter but it was still messy and scruffy.

"Alexis," he bowed. I raised a finger to correct him. "Shut up," he smiled. "It's your proper name."

"Ok...Elijah," I smiled. He grinned back.

"Places!" the priest shouted before running up the be behind the alter.

I peeked around the corner to see when Adam would make it to the alter. He looked very nice in his white tuxedo. He was shaking and smiling non stop. It made me laugh. Once he had stood at his place, that was our cue.

I rushed over to Eli and cleared my throat. He held his arm out and I took it. We slowly walked down the aisle, smiling at the friends who had shown up.

Once everyone was in their places, that was when Sara came out with her mom. Everyone, and I mean everyone, gasped. She was beautiful, and Adam knew it the most. I saw a tear escape his eye and he hurried to wipe it away.

"Who gives this bride away?" The pastor asked.

"I do," Sara's mom said. She kissed her daughter on her cheek and took her seat next to Audra. Sara turned to me and handed me her bouquet. I wiped a tear from my eye.

The pastor went on with the ceremony, and after they recited their vows they were about to be officially married to each other.

"I do," Sara smiled.

"And may the power vested in me by the state of Florida, I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Adam and Sara Torres. You may kiss the bride."

Adam dipped her and kissed her, everyone clapping and cheering. I clapped along with the crowd and couldn't stop smiling.

"Pictures!" The photographer yelled. "Let's get some with the grooms family, some with the brides family, and the people that were in the wedding and just everyone."

It took almost an hour to get all the pictures taken. I was starting to sweat and get irritated. I was starving. When we finally finished I ran up to Sara and hugged her as tight as I could.

She was moving out a month after she comes back from her honeymoon. It didn't hit me until just then that we will be far apart. She already looked into a school in Canada to stay with Adam. I didn't want her to go. She was my best friend, my sister.

"I am so happy for you," I whined. She started crying too and we kept hugging each other. I saw the photographer snap a picture.

"Let's get some food," Sara said after wiping her nose.

**

The reception was better than I had ever expected. The lights were bright and colorful, the dance floor was just a big marble slab, the food came out hot and perfect. Sara was stuffing her face non stop. I'm sure she felt a weight lifted since the wedding was done with. She can now relax.

Halfway through dinner, everyone started to make toasts. I was hoping people would forget me, because I didn't prepare anything. Sara looked at me and smiled. great, I thought, plastering a huge fake smile on my face. I stood up and grabbed the microphone that Adam's mom was holding. I cleared my throat before speaking.

"Hello, everyone," I said. Everyone around said Hi's and Heys. Eli was smirking at me. I cleared my throat again. "I'm going to be honest, I completely forgot about this part," I laughed. "Where to start, I've known Sara since the age of six. We've had our fights, we've had our moments. She has always been there for me, and I for her. Through our boy band obsessions, to Johnny Depp, to boyfriends in high school. I remember when she first found out about Adam. English class, pen pal. I think our English teacher thought we were still ten." Everyone around laughed. I smiled and kept going, not knowing how this was going to end up.

"She was so excited. 'Alex I need to send a picture! I have this feeling!' I just remember rolling my eyes. With each note the passed, the more the meaning came from it. Then they started talking on the phone. Now if you thought the letters were annoying, try actually listening to them." Everyone started laughing again and I took a sip of my champagne.

"When she first met him," I continued. "There was something different about her. Here is my best friend, safe to say my sister, and I couldn't figure out why she looked so different. I have seen a spark in her eyes, yes, but when she looked at Adam, it was different. It was like a magnetic force pulling them together. Seeing them together is a fairy tale come true. I've never been more proud," I stopped to take a breath, holding back tears. Sara reached out and squeezed my hand and I returned her squeeze. I sniffed and laughed.

"I have never been so proud of you and so happy for you. I will be there for you through your fights, through you're special moments, and if you're thinking about kids I will gladly stay away from them," I joked she nodded and took the microphone.

"That's only because most of the pets you had growing up ended up dying from something." The crowd started laughing again and so did I.

"Here's to a long healthy and happy life. You two were born to be together," I raised my glass. "To Adam and Sara."

I sat down next to Eli who leaned over to me.

"Nice." I wiped a tear away and nodded.

"Thanks."

Eli stood up and took the microphone from Audra.

"I've known Adam through high school. I have seen him at his worst like he has seen me at my worst. Kids bullied him, pushed him against lockers. He never did back down though. He always stood up, brushed his shoulders, and got back into their faces. This speech will be short of course because I'm not good with these kinds of things. The point is, even though they were miles apart, in completely different countries, he fought to be with her and never gave up. I have never seen him as happy as he is when he's around her or even when he talks about her. Here's to Adam and Sara." He lifted his glasses and we all took a drink.

The toasts were finally out of the way and we finished eating. Dessert was being handed out while the DJ started announcing stuff in the microphone.

"Alright it's time for the first dance as Mr. and Mrs. Torres!" He called. They stood up and walked hand in hand to the dance floor that was set up in the sand. Sara wrapped her arms around Adams neck and he wrapped his around her waist. Bless The Broken Road by the Rascal Flatts escaped from the speakers, their eyes glued to each other.

After their first dance it was time for the father daughter dance, but since Sara's father was an ass and no where to be found, Drew kindly jumped in while Adam danced with his mom.

"Alright now let's get the best man up here. Where are you best man?" He called out. Eli got up from his seat. "Now the Maid of Honor." Eli looked down and smiled, holding his hand out.

"Let's go," he mouthed. I nodded and stood up, kicking off my heels and walking barefoot.

A thousand years started playing softly and I looked over at Sara and Adam, who were smiling sweetly at us, Sara nodding. I shook my head in disbelief.

We danced the same way we did that night at the restaurant back at home; my left hand in his right, my free hand around his neck and his free hand on my lower back.

"Deja vu?" He asked. I nodded.

"Don't twirl me this time," I warned. "I've already had two glasses of champagne." He nodded.

Everyone seemed to disappear and all I could see was Eli and lights dancing around us. I couldn't break away from his gaze.

'I have died everyday waiting for you, darling don't be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years.'

We swayed slowly to the music and I found myself moving closer and closer to him. I finally rested my head on his chest and let a tear escape.

"You look beautiful," he whispered in my hair. I pulled away from him and looked deep into his piercing green eyes.

Learn to trust, I reminded myself of what Sara had said. Go for it.

I let go of his hand and wrapped both of my arms around his neck and pulled him in. Our kiss was passionate and thirsty. I had been wanting to do that for so long. I couldn't hear the crowd cheering around us. For that moment it was me and Eli, his warm lips on mine, our bodies close together.

When we broke from the kiss we rested our foreheads together. I was out of breath and Eli smirked.

"You have no idea how bad I've been wanting to do that," he whispered.

"You have no idea how bad I've been wanting you to do that. I got tired of waiting," I joked. He grinned, looking so irresistible. He leaned in and we started kissing again, this time he lifted me up and spun me around.

When the dance was done, we walked over to Sara and Adam, my arms crossed.

"It wasn't planned," Adam blurted.

"Adam!" Sara hissed. "If you say it's not a plan when they didn't even ask if it was it's obvious!"

"Sorry," he said looking down, ashamed.

"You two-" Sara started.

"Were adorable," My mom finished. "Seriously. Don't do that again this is Sara's day."

I couldn't help but laugh at my mom. Backstreet Boys started playing and Sara grabbed my hand and we were on the dance floor, holding full glasses of champagne and dancing and singing along to the song. We laughed at Adam and Eli, who sat in a corner rolling their eyes at us.

I walked over and grabbed Elis hands and started pulling him to the dance floor.

"I just want you to know!" I sung, horribly, with the song. "That I've been fighting to let you go! Some days I make it through, and then there's nights that never end!" He laughed and spun me around.

It was the end of the night, and they left for their own personal hotels.

Eli and I were walking up and down the beach barefoot.

"Will you stay the tonight?" I asked. "I don't want to be alone." He nodded and kissed my forehead.

"Not a problem." We went to go say goodbye to our family, making plans for the next day to have lunch before they all boarded a plane to go back home.

**

I unlocked the door and threw the keys on the island, opening the fridge for a water. My whole body was aching and I was ready to lay down and relax. Eli had undid his bow tie and was already unbuttoning his shirt.

"I'm going to go change real quick," I announced and went to my room to change into blue boy short underwear and the baggy dead hands shirt he had given me all those years ago.

I stopped at the fully body mirror and watched as my chest lifted then feel as I took a deep breath. I wanted him. I wanted him more than anything or anyone. If there was going to be the perfect night, this would be it.

I stepped out onto the cold floor and leaned against the wall in the hallway entry. Eli smirked and walked towards me, resting his hands on my hips and moving them to my ass, and we started kissing again, moans escape our mouths every now and then. I took his hand and bit my lower lip, leading him into my room.

I took his shirt off before telling him to lay down on my bed. I climbed on top of him and started kissing his neck and his collar bone and he returned it by biting my neck. I started to pull my shirt off when he stopped me.

"Are you sure, Alex?" He asked in between breaths. I nodded. I was one hundred percent sure. I already had my mind made up and I knew what I wanted.

I wanted him.
♠ ♠ ♠
made this one a little more steamy and intimate. They are older though. Hope you liked it :)