Status: Ongoing :)

Deception of Reality

Chapter 2

"I think it's him"

"Who?"

"The one who pulls me in the water, AND I've come to the conclusion that he is pulling me up"

"How so?"

"He doesn't look like he wants to kill me, no he is too nice for that; he actually looks like he wants to save me, so it would only be logical if he pulled me up"

"And how did you come to this assumption?"

"Well, he has saved me before"

"Hmm?"

"Well, I was walking home, and my mind sorta drifted, so I didn't notice that a car was behind me. If it weren't for him I would either be dead or laying in hospital"

"And what convinces you that it is the same person?"

"The way he grabbed my writs, it is the EXACT same position and size as the hand in that dream, I am sure of it"

"And you're sure that it wasn't just another dream?"

"I have my doubts, but I'm pretty certain."

--

Another session more or less wasted; I had thought about the man being the same man in my dream, long and hard, trying to tie things together. I still have strong doubts about my concluded result, there are many things which can deny it, but there are a few things which lead me to believe its true.

For example; he has the same pale skin, and if I remember correctly, the same dark hair, but about that I could be wrong, because y'know, it was dark. But what lead me to believe is the same vibe that was given off. The same warm feeling his hand offered.

What could deny it is the fact that I had the dream before I met him. That is the major point which puts me off the idea that it could actually be a real person. I mean, how can my mind make up someone who it has never seen before? Or maybe I have, I just don't remember.

There are other small factors; for one, I haven't seen his face, not in the dream where I'm drowning anyway, and anyone can have pale skin and dark hair. But I just don't know.

I. Just. Don't. Know. Anymore.

I'm just following my gut feeling, those always seem to be correct.


I dropped my pen while sighing; I was confused, irritated, upset and all sorts of angry, but I wouldn't let those emotions get to me, not this easily. This only started a couple of days ago, so I have no reason to feel so strongly, not yet. I will let myself be frustrated if I don't get anywhere after a few weeks. When I will feel like strangling someone, then I will know that this has gone on for too long.

I lifted my head up to look out of the window; it was a pleasant day. A couple of clouds were scattered across the sky, and the sun was lighting up the sky nicely. I was almost tempted to go outside, but the comforts of my room made sure that I wouldn't even dare to think about it. My chair was absorbing all of my energy, making it all the more harder to even attempt get up.

My window gave the view to the street, I would often watch people get on with their busy lives. Not in a stalker like way, I would just watch them pass the street. Occasionally some people who I recognize would walk by, and most of them would look up at my window and wave, a way of them checking up on me.
A lot of people who I knew, knew about the stuff I was going through; it's not life threatening, or anything anyone should genuinely worry about, but still, people are persistent on being concerned.

The street was usually calm, only the residents would appear on the road, but not today; many more people who I don't remember ever seeing before were passing through. I wonder whats going on today.

I had nearly gotten lost in my thoughts again when I saw him; the same black hair, the same pale skin, the same small frame. I couldn't be wrong about this, it was definitely him. What is he doing here, and why do I keep seeing him?
Once again, as if he knew, he turned his head to look at me. He definitely knew I was watching him, and he made sure I knew, in his own special way.

I have to find out who he is.

I quickly sprang from my chair, in the process tipping it over which brought down a lamp, and something that sounded like a pot. I didn't have enough time to tidy it up, it felt that if I would waste merely a few seconds he would disappear from me forever, and I couldn't let that happen.

I practically flew down the stairs, and found myself in front of the doors frighteningly quickly. I flung them open, hurriedly checking that I hand't forgotten my keys, otherwise I would be locked out for the rest of the day, and I didn't exactly want that. I shut my doors with a force I never thought I had, and bolted in the direction I saw him walk.

He was no where to be seen, but I wasn't going to give up this easily; he had sparked the flames of my curiosity, that wouldn't go out until I would find out who he is.

I came to a stop by a traveling fun fairs gates; so that was why it was so busy. I scanned the area carefully, and there he was; he made eye contact with me before going in to a haunted house. This was never a good scenario, I know, but I just have to find him. I have set this as my life goal for now, and I will not stop until I find a good enough reason to, or the answer.

For me, it was a bit like a cat and mouse game, but the tables were turned; the mouse was chasing the cat, while it believed it was actually the cat.

I wasted no time getting myself in there, but I regretted it immediately. It was a scary place, unlike the usual haunted houses where puppets looked so fake that it would make you laugh, and the layout so simple you could walk through it with your eyes shut.

Upon entering this place, instant goosebumps appeared on my skin. Shivers ran down my spine while all of the hairs on my body stood up. This place was different from anything else I've experienced; manic background music was disorienting me - clowns were laughing, making those noises when you squeeze their red noses. Honks of their little trumpets, and the dinging noise of a bicycle bell. All these things were thought to be pleasant, but not when they are distorted and played all at once.

The dolls that normally never scare anyone, popped out exactly when I was the most anxious, and their appearance made me doubt if they were really just puppets. Their piercing red eyes looked so detailed that they might as well be real and their structure didn't look like they were made out of plastic either, it looked like real skin and bones were used in the making.

When I reached the all dreaded mirror room, which seemed to always appear in horror movies, I knew I had to get out, or I would break down crying like a small child who has met the boogie monster.

"Someone get me out of here" I wailed, with my eyes shut tight. I lost any will to try to find my own way out, I was scared to the point that I felt like this was going to be the end, a pitiful way to die.
But again, I felt that, now not so unfamiliar, hand grab my wrist and start pulling. He had come to my rescue once more.

I opened my eyes to find myself still sitting in my bedroom, on the same chair without having had moved an inch. I was breathing deeply, and again, sweat had made my clothes and hair cling to my skin. I was shivering furiously, and the same goosebumps were still there. What is going on? I don't understand anymore, this confusion is driving me slowly and irritably insane. I can't tell if this person is real, or if these event are real anymore. I thought I was getting better, but apparently not.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, thanks to those people who commented and subscribed, or even liked my story, it makes me happy to think that there are some people who actually enjoy my writing. And yeah, let me know about your thoughts, I'm curious ;)