A Whole New World

This is me

Finally it's summer one of the craziest season in the job. A lot of tourists come to enjoy Egypt's beaches and history. But for me it's a quite season as I'm a tour guide who work only in Cairo but I always make an exception for the Chinese tourists after all Chinese is the main language I learn it in university, so Chinese tourists are my favorite group to work with but summer here is way too hot and they usually don't come at this time, so I planed to spend couple of weeks with my friend Sara in their summer house in Alexandria. I had prepared everything the only thing that was missing is the boss approval on this vacation. But, Unfortunately I didn't get it as there's an important tourist will come and they want all of tour guides to be ready.

It was really disappointing especially when I told my friend that I can't travel with her she said it's okay she won't go too but in her voice I knew that it wasn't okay so I had to make up to her so I offered that we gonna watch glee season finally together tomorrow at my house. once I told her that, she screamed telling me that I'm her best friend ever so we agreed on what time she will come home and I laughed when she told me to prepare a lot of tissues as it would be an emotional episode as I remembered what happened last season and how sad she was for a couple weeks because what happened to Finchel. Yeah she is a gleek maybe I'm too but not that much I love watching the show and listen to the songs but I don't ship any kind of couples and I don't go after the spoilers and rumors.

Next day early morning it was Friday the beginning of the weekend. It was always a wondering point to any foreign tourist and it had simple explanation that Friday to Muslims is like Sunday for Christians it's a special day I thought about all of that when I was making my instant coffee and on my way to the laptop to find glee new episode.

Just in time Sara was here with her pink sunglasses and Darren Criss shirt that I gifted it to her in her birthday it was expensive and for me not worth all this money but it meant a lot for her so it was the perfect birthday gift.

"Why you didn't wait for me to make our coffee together?" She asked me with her serious face looking to my cup. I can't help it but to smile she liked to do everything with me even if it was a cup of coffee.

We entered the kitchen and I put the popcorn envelop in the microwave while Sara was doing her coffee in the glee cup she give to me for my birthday that I rarely use it. And she begins to tell me the latest news form the glee cast who tweeted a picture from the last episode, who thanked the fans and Ryan. as usual I pretend that I'm listening with care until she told me something that caught my attention she told me that Darren Criss will come to Egypt to spend his vacation here she said that with her excited voice that she was nearly screaming

"Can you find out when he will come and who his tourist agency here is" She asked me.

Suddenly I remembered what my boss told me about the important tourist that will come this week. Could be Darren Criss this tourist?

we start watching the episode but I couldn't focus I was thinking what if our company is Darren's tourist agency, our company is well-known and we always have ministries and international political figures but we never had celebrities before and of course celebrities will make the company more famous but why I'm over thinking maybe he has another company (which will be bad as our company is the bast) even if it was ours maybe they will pick up another tour guide, I'm not the best in company there's people better than me. this idea made me less thinking and I begin to focus on the episode to find out that it's over and the table that in front of us full of used tissues and sound of Sara sopping next to me.

"Wow it was an amazing episode" I said closing the laptop and putting it in its place

"What song was your favorite?" Sara asked while she was weeping her tears and I just froze I wasn't paying attention to the episode at all and I don't know any song.

"They all were great I can't pick up a favorite. Maybe after my second listening I can tell you" I said trying to be honest because I didn't want Sara to know what I was thinking about she will never stop asking and fangirling about that expectation I made.

"Yeah you're right it was all great I'm really gonna miss the show. Would you think that Ryan will make another session? And in the new session a Blaine wedding it'll be great, Right?" She said with her eyes lit up. Yeah Blaine was her favorite couple as this sound strange for me; I'm not a homophobic or something I just can't accept this idea but I'm not against it. I actually enjoy Kurt's voice it's so amazing and Chris Colfer is really good actor but I can't stand Darren Criss yeah he has a good voice and I might like some of his songs but there is something that make me don't like him but I couldn't tell what is it.

Sara and I spend the whole afternoon together talking and dancing and singing we enjoyed our time that we almost forgot that my mom and dad are still sleeping and our voices was really loud that made my mom wake up.

"Wow girls keep it down. We still in the house" mom said with her sleepy voice and smile.

"Sorry mom it won't happen again. Do you want me to make breakfast?" I asked while I was press the stop button on my laptop.

"No, it is okay I'll do it. Have fun with your friend but quietly we don't wanna your dad to wake up" she said with smile and I nodded my head then my mom left me to go to kitchen and grabbed my friend hand

"Let's go to my room we don't wanna make troubles" she came with me without saying a word.

Sara became part of my family especially when all my brothers got married and our house became empty and really quite and that was something I wasn't used to it, we're a big family 4 brothers and sister they all bigger than me and they all married so I was feeling lonely but Sara helped me to get over that and my parents always welcomed having her in our house. I spent all the day with her and we went to the mall for shopping spree.

My Saturday was as usual having all the family together as we do every week to catch up the latest news. It was a wonderful weekend but sadly I've to get back to work on Sunday but at least I'll get to know who's our important tourist that prevent my from going to Alexandria.

On Sunday morning I went to work a little late I was stuck in a traffic jam and I arrived late that I missed the meeting which in it the boss will pick up one to be the tour guide for the mysterious tourist. I was still angry from the traffic jam but I could feel that everyone in the company was looking at me with a big smile on their faces I looked to myself to what was funny or different that make them stare and smile but I didn't found anything so I went to my office to see if I've a group today or what. There I found Jasmine another tour guide that share the office with me and others.

"Hi, here are you lucky girl. Why you this late today? It's an important day you know" she said with a smile.

"The traffic jam it'll drive me insane soon, as the people of company today will, why do they look at me with a very weird look and smile and you call me 'lucky girl' what I missed today? Because I'm confused" I said it really quickly pouring all I was thinking about.

"Sorry, traffic jam effect" I said looking to jasmine and smiling.

"Never mind But if you had arrived early and attend the meeting you wouldn't be this confused" jasmine said with a smile that don't comfort me any more.

"What had happened in the meeting?" I asked.

"I think you've to go to the boss to find out what you missed" she said with that annoying smile.

"Okay, I'll go" I said it and I went to the boss office with my mind full of questions.

"What if he wants to fire me for being late?

But why the people will smile for that?

Maybe they hate me and they are happy that I'm leaving,

But jasmine is kinda my friend she wouldn't be happy because I'm leaving, would she?"

A million of questions were in my head but there was only one way to know the answer. The boss

I entered his office a little nervous and don't know what to expect.

"Sir, I have been told that you want me" I said nervously and uncomfortable that I forget to greet him.

"Good morning first" he said and it make me more nervous.

"Sorry for that" I said as my heart almost stop from how hard it beat.

"Well, you come late and missed the meeting" he said really serious but when I tried to explain he continued talking.

"No need for explanation" I told myself this don't sound good he will definitely gonna fire me.

"As you know today we had to pick up the tour guide for our important Clint and as you know a lot of our tour guides are out the city it is summer you know"

"Yeah of course" I said still nervous and more confused if he gonna fire me why he telling me all of that.

"Well we searched in the latest reports" here it comes the moment, they must have found that my reports wasn't good although I was always being praised from tourist but god only know what they might wrote in those reports.

"And we choose you to be this tour guide, you have been working really hard recently and we trust you that you'll be a good representative for our country" he said with a big smile on his face while I was totally shocked, I couldn't believe what I heard

So all I got to say was "what?" I asked in disbelieve that I forgot that I was unprofessional, but it make the boss giggle from my face expression.

"I'm sure that you heard all I said according to your face expression. So let's be honest if you feel that you can't handle this you can tell, but I'm also sure that you can" he said with a serious voice but with a smile that made me a little comfort but still nervous.

"Trust me I'll never disappoint you, but I want to know who this important tourist is?" I asked trying to be more self-confident.

"That's the spirit I had been looking for, our VIP tourist is a celebrity so it's very important to us not just our company but our country too it will increase the amount of tourist as you know" he said and I totally knew who this VIP will be.

"This celebrity is Darren Criss, right?" I said as question but for me it was statements which made my boss look at me surprised.

"How did you know? It was nearly a secret, we haven't told anyone until today early morning" he asked surprised.

"Well I have my own way to find out things" I know that he want to ask if someone told me but I interrupt him.

"No, no one told me I knew that Darren Criss is coming to Egypt from the internet so it wasn't hard to figure it out" I said more confident and less nervous.

"That's good to hear that you already knew him, it will make your job a lot easier but don't forget that he is a tourist and his condition is not to be treated as a celebrity"

"Don't worry sir, that's not gonna happen" I said it and in mind I actually don't wanna be next to him how could I fangirling about him I'm not even interested. Oh right what will be Sara reaction when she find out? She totally gonna be insane. I've to think of a way to tell her about it or maybe I shouldn't tell her now.

I went way too far in thinking that I almost forgot that I'm still in the boss office I quickly back to reality to find out the boss is looking to me with papers in his hand I knew it that these papers are the trip schedule, I take it and nodded with my head but before I go I remembered something really important.

"Does he know my conditions? You know I don't like to talk about unless it was a group" I asked that I know that a lot of tourist find it weird but I've condition and my company respect that.

"Of course, and it made him curious to know you and he approved" he said it as it was something obvious.

"You can go now but don't forget to go to airport to welcome him and give him a lift to the hotel. All the information and also his conditions are in these papers. Read them well, we trusted you" he said it very formal except the trust part.

"Thank you sir" I said it and I left the office thinking about what I'm gonna do and in what the boss said. "And it made him curious to know you" this sentence was confusing. Why it made him curious? Is that a good or bad thing? My head was full of things and I really need my instant coffee.

I walked to my office and thank god it was empty I really want to think in quite and I don't wanna more questions from anyone. I made my own cup and I set on my chair to think I take a sip from the cup and when i put it on desk, I realized I didn't look to the paper that boss give it to me. Maybe it'll help me to clear my mind and answer some of my questions.

Conditions:-

- Not to be treated as celebrity I'm just a human like you.

- I wanna know the real country not just the monuments.

- Less cars more public transport or walking.

- provide me with apple juice.

- I wanna learn some Arabic words.

- I want a tour guide that is totally awesome.

"It's not too much conditions as I thought comparing to mine, it also have some weird ones. I mean 'apple juice' who like it? And public transport or walking, he must be a crazy, but he seemed interested in Egypt and that's a good point" I said this all of this to myself then I looked to airplane arrival time.

OMG it's almost 12 and the plane will arrive at 2 I've better to go now the road to the airport will be crazy it's the rush hour.

I left the company and get to my car try to be at the airport in time but I guess it won't happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi there, I hope you enjoy this story. I'm gonna post the second chapter too to give you a full vision.
Darren will appear in chapter 2