A Whole New World

if you're happy and you know it

Me:-

I wake up in the morning I felt something different I haven't felt it for a while. I felt happy and ready to start my day in a positive way I just wanted to hug the world and spread the happiness in this universe I didn't know why and I didn't care.

I went to my parents' bedroom to wake them up to have breakfast together, I'm not a good cooker but I know how to make a good breakfast.

"Someone wakes up in a good mood" my mom said smiling with a little sleep in her voice.

"Yeah I'm." I said after a deep breath that ended with a warm smile on my face.

"So what is your schedule for today?" my dad asked me and he rarely does that. Not that he don't care but because they know my work's conditions, sometimes I back early sometimes a little late.

"Nothing special, I'll be in the Egyptian museum, lunch then a Nilecruise."

"What time you will be home then?" my dad asked.

"I won't be late. Why are you asking?" I asked curiously.

"I wanted to know if you will be able to watch today's soccer match with me." He said and yeah I watch soccer I even had a favorite team in famous leagues.

"It's today! I guess I'll miss it" I said sadly.

I finished my breakfast and I went to my room to get ready but first I had to talk to Darren to wake him up. The phone has been ringing but he didn't pick it up, I called twice and thrice all the same. "Maybe he forget it somewhere" I called the hotel which contact me to his room and finally he answered.

"Hello." he said with a sleepy voice.

"Are you sleeping under the sea?" I said sarcastically.

"That will be a good idea." he said and started to sing.

Under the sea
Under the sea
Darling it's better
Down where it's wetter
Take it from me
Up on the shore they work all day
Out in the sun they slave away
While we devoting
Full time to floating
Under the sea

He was imitating Sebastian's voice, I couldn't stop myself from amusing he sounded really great even with he was still sleepy.

"What do you meant by this question anyway?" he asked little awaken.

"I was calling you on your phone and you didn't answer. Did you lose it?" I asked concerning.

"So that was the phone I thought I was in a concert." he said and I was wrong he still asleep.

"I'm sure it was a great concert then, but unfortunately you have to wake up and get ready for today" I felt like I was convincing my nephew to wake up to go to school.

"Okay okay I'll wake up" he said huffing.

"Good boy. I'll be there after two hours I think it's enough time for you to get ready, right?"

"I guess so"

"Ok see you then" I said grabbing my clothes from the cupboard.

"Bye"

"Bye"

I hang out the phone and let out a smile "he is just a little boy."

I finished dressing up I choose an outfit goes with my mood today, a baby pink shirt and light blue jeans will fit. I wore some light makeup as I don't put makeup very often I like being natural but as I said I was in a good mood.

Everything is ready to go, I took a last look in the mirror then I remembered what Darren told me about my eyes yesterday. I rushed to the bathroom to remove all the makeup; he might think that I put that makeup because of what he said to me and that was not true or it was. I didn't know why but I didn't want to discuss in that with myself.

Darren:-

"What is she? My mother." I said after hanging up the phone with her, but I cannot deny that it was cute how she was when she was dealing with me like I was a little kid didn't want to wake up for school. I got ready and went to the hotel restaurant to have my breakfast, it was good but I didn't like to eat alone. However, when I was done she was here right in time.

"Good morning Mr. Criss" she said seriously.

"Didn't we get over labels already? Call me Darren." He said with a warm smile on his face.

"No I can't this isn't professional. You're my client." I said refusing to do it not because what I said but it will be uncomfortable to call him with his name.

"And once again how said that I want it professional." He said sarcastic.

"The customer is always right; I'll try to do it." I said because it looks like that he insisted and to be honest it didn't feel right but it didn't feel wrong too.

"Do you need to grab something before we go, Mr. Criss?" I said it on purpose teasing him.

"No miss I've what I need, I'm ready to go." He said sarcastic and he grabbed his belongs.

"Okay, let's go" I said heading toward the door and as usual he followed me.

"Today is the first day in our schedule." I said opening my car.

"The Egyptian museum, I guess." He said after a while.

"ding-ding we have a winner" I said smiling and turning on the car.

"Said by the girl who called me Mr. Criss" he said imitating my voice and I burst into laughter.

"That what you asked for." I said still laughing.

"Your laugh is lovely." he said and I didn't know if he was teasing me or talking seriously because I never liked my laugh.

"If you were teasing me please stop it and if you were serious if I were a guy would you say the same thing." I said concerning on the road.

"Pink is girls color, aren't those your words?" He said sarcastically looking to my shirt. Those words meant that he was serious and that he actually listening to what I say.

"This is not pink, this is baby pink." I said trying to defend myself; I couldn't let him to win this. At first, he raised his eyebrows then he smiled.

"Then you're a baby, and babies don't get mad when someone told them they had a lovely laughter" he proved his point and I had to admit that he won.

"You won this time but I'll get you next time" I gave up and we were already at the museum gate.

"Here we are." I said.

Darren:-

"Even the museum is pink." I said looking at this magnificent building; it was a classic Victorian style building.

"Really? I didn't notice it before." She said sarcastically. I was right she was a baby.

"Here is your ticket. Let's enter, shall we?" She said seriously and I like how she transform when she begin her work.

The museum was full of pharaonic's antiques, Greco-Romans statues and some from Islamic and new Egypt belongs. The best thing was when I saw the mummies, Tutankhamen's room, and his famous golden mask.

"Wow that was freaking awesome, I felt like I was in an f***ing dream." I said astonished after we left the Tutankhamen's room.

"Yeah I know it always makes me having this feeling." She said astonished just like me.

We spent nearly 3 hours in the museum and she told me that we aren't going to visit the whole museum only important parts.

"Wait, there is more!" I said raising an eyebrow.

"Of course silly, it's a seven-thousand civilization." She said proudly.

"I'm hungry, isn't that the lunch time?" I said after I heard my stomach's roar.

"Yeah I can tell. Let's go before you eat me." She said smiling and I felt some heat from my face. Did I just blush? Oh, man that was embarrassing.

On our way out, she smiled and waved to couple of people I guess they are her colleagues. Then I saw a surprised look on her face and then she called a man "Mr. Mohammed" the man who also looked surprised then smiled to her. He was a fifty-year man with dark skin tone and he was standing with a group of uniformed kids. The man came to us with another man too. They greet her smiling then they started to talk in Arabic.

"These are my elementary school teachers, Mr. Mohammed and Mr. Mahmoud, and this is Mr. Darren Criss an American tourist" she introduced us to each other.

"It is nice to meet you." I greeted them.

"Welcome to Egypt, we hope you are having a good time here." One of them said and I just nodded and smiled. They let her she waved to the kids and I did it as well.

"Let's go to eat I'm hungry too." She said smiling.

We reached the car and when she tried to turn it on the car didn't move.

"Do you have knowledge in fixing cars?" she asked.

"Duh no" I said as it was so obvious.

"Neither do I, c'mon I have an idea." She said getting out from the car.

"What is it?" I said following her. But she didn't answer me instead she grab her phone to call someone.

"Do you mind if we run a little?" she asked in rush.

"What? No I don't mind." I said giggling.

"Then hurry up. We got a bus to catch." She said and started to run and I followed her. I found out that we are going ride her elementary school bus.

"I hope that you don't mind that either." She said smiling before enter the bus.

"Are you crazy? I like that." I said enter the bus after her.

"It's been a while since I been in a school bus." I said looking for a place to sit.

"You ride a bus in season 3 when glee club went to nationals. We are not going to sit the bus is full already, if that what you are searching for." She said chuckling.

"You would like to hold tight before the bus gets moving." She said pointing to the holders.

"Oh yeah, so what are you going to do with your car?" I said as the bus started to move and I almost fall. All the kids giggled and she tried to hide her smile.

"I'm going to ask from my brother to pick it up and I'll use my dad car." she said and then there was a fight between two kids and the bus became too noisy.

"Darren, can you sing for them? I think this will calm them down." She asked me and it seemed a good idea.

"But what I'm going to sing?" I asked her after all this is her country.

"Anything, they don't know a lot of English vocabularies but please pick up a proper song because my teachers know." She said cautious.

"Ok I know what I'll sing" I said smiling, I have chosen a good song.

"Then let me introduce you to them" she said as she passed me to face the kids.

After she introduced me, the kids pay attention to me.

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands.

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands

If you're happy and you know it and you really want to show it,

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands

If you're happy and you know it stomp your feet.

If you're happy and you know it stomp your feet

If you're happy and you know it and you really want to show it,

If you're happy and you know it stomp your feet.

If you're happy and you know it shout "Hurray!"

If you're happy and you know it shout "Hurray!"

If you're happy and you know it and you really want to show it,

If you're happy and you know it shout "Hurray!"

If you're happy and you know it do all three.

If you're happy and you know it do all three.

If you're happy and you know it and you really want to show it,

If you're happy and you know it do all three!

When I started singing she gave me a 'you are not going to sing that song' look but then she joined as long as the kids. It was a wonderful moment.

"Darren that was so nice of you, at the first I hesitated it but it went so well. The kids love it." She said with a wide smile on her face.

"You know nothing beats the live audience." I said smugly.

"Is your head getting bigger? No it's the ego." she said surprised then she laughed.

"Holly crap you're just a teaser." I said to her.

"Darren Everett Criss, watch your language there are small kids in here." She scolded me. I was going to apologize, but she cut me off.

"There is no time for apologize, you have to get off the bus the hotel is close." She said then she told the driver something and he stopped the car in front of the hotel.

"Be ready at 7 I'll pick you up for dinner." She said as I got off the bus. It so weird how she made me do all that she wanted and I couldn't say a word. She made me speechless and I don't know why.

Time passed so fast I finished my lunch then I rested for a while.

"If you are asleep you better get moving because I'm on my way." She sent me a text.

"You didn't reply which mean that you still asleep." She sent another.

"I'm not driving so I'm going to make a messages concert like the phone concert I made it in the morning."

"Dress something nice, we're going to place you like it for dinner." She sent and I couldn't stop being amused from her texts, she is a funny girl.

"I'm up and ready." I sent her a text.

"Ok I'm coming i hours, sorry I'm in a sugar rush." She sent and I giggled.

"What are you, five?" I sent it. Who get a sugar rush in this age?

"Wow I get older from being baby to a five old girl." She answered.

"Enough texts I'm here get down please." She sent again. I left my room to go down the hall. She was there in a black blouse, Turquoise scarf and dark blue jeans.

Me:-

My sugar rush got better and I was glad for that, I couldn't go to the dinner like that. I thought about that when I left my brother car to enter the hotel and in less than a minute, Darren Criss was here in a plum shirt and skinny black jeans. It was simple and elegant.

"Are you ready for a different dinner? It's near here." I said smiling.

"Are we going to that restaurant we went to before?" he asked curiously.

"No, we are going to have a dinner cruise on the Nile." I said hopefully, it was my first time to arrange night activities.

"What a romantic place. Are we on a date or something?" he asked smiling. How could he think of something like that? It's embarrassing I could feel the heat release from my face.

"In your dreams, I'm going to watch a soccer match there." I said trying to sound normal.

"You are a girl, right?" he asked raising an eyebrow at me.

"I told you before and you didn't believe me." I said smiling.

We chose a table near the stage for a better view. The second half of the match was almost over.

"Can I just go watch the penalties? I'm not going to be late; I'll come before the dinner arrives." I said shyly, it was rude to leave him there alone but I really don't want to miss the penalties.

"Sure you can go." He said sadly.

"Do you want to come?" I asked and his eyes lit up as he nodded.

Darren:-

We went to where the TV screen was, when the players started to play the penalties I saw a different side from her. She was so enthusiastic with passion in her eyes. I could tell that she want to be a player to score those missing penalties or to shout out loud in stadium when her team scores like she did here. She let herself out with no shy or cautious.

"We won; it was so close but that last penalty I felt like I'm going to have a heart attack." She said happily.

"You are a hard soccer fan especially when you argued with that man." I said smiling when I remembered how she looked like in that argue and how she left that man speechless I couldn't tell what she said to him but his face expression was obvious.

"Did you understand that?" she asked blushing.

"No I didn't but I could tell that you won that argue. You do it every time." I said smiling to her and she blushed more, she was too cute.

The food arrived and there was an uncomfortable silence and I wasn't used to eat in silence. I also noticed that she was happy like she did before.

"Is there something wrong? Why are looking sad or confused?" I asked trying to figure out the reason of her silence.

"Nothing, I'm fine." She answered forcing a smile, which meant that she was lying.

"Excuse me, I'll be right back." She said nervously and left.

Me:-

I went to the bathroom trying to figure out what I feel, why my heart beating like a drum? Why I feel like I have butterflies in my stomach every time I look at him or hear his voice? Can I be falling for him? No, this cannot be happening. This just a feeling because he a handsome guy who is nice to me. Yeah this is exactly what I feel, so I should calm down and act normal and in a while this feeling will fade away. It is a temporally feeling.

After I confessed myself with all of that, I went back to our table and he was there looking at the Nile with a warm smile on his face. The way he looked like didn't help me at all to calm down my feelings.

"It's a marvelous view, isn't it?" I said with a smile on my face and he looked at me with a wide smile.

"Yeah, you're lucky to be living here and this music that playing in the background just complete the scene." He said with a spark in his eyes and I had to change the subject.

"Unfortunately, there is one show then we will back to the land once again." I said looking to the Nile.

"What will it be?" he said looking at me.

"Belly dancing, I'm not a big fan of it but it will be something new for you to see." I said cheerfully. And the background music changed to announce that the belly dancing performance would begin.

Darren:-

The music started to play and the dancer entered she was wearing a glittered custom, she was a good dancer. I enjoyed the show but before it ended the dancer come toward me dancing I looked at my tour guide surprised but she wasn't looking at me, she was glaring at the dancer. Why she doing that?

The show ended and the Floating Restaurant returned to mainland, it was a really good day I had so much fun.

"Did you enjoy the day?" she asked.

"No it was boring I guess that I would enjoy staring at the wall comparing to what we did today." I said teasing her.

"Fine, you could back to your room to stare at its walls until you get back to the states." She said and walked away.

"Wait, hold on. I was kidding with you; I never enjoyed a day like I did today. You're a good activity planner." I said running after her then she stopped and looked at me angrily.

"Yeah I know that you had fun because I planned it." She said smiling, she played a trick on me and it worked.

"Is your head getting bigger?" I quoted what she told me before.

"Now, we're even. We are two people with big heads walking at the street." She said laughing and I did the same.

"Big head with a small body, we will look freaking awesome." I said imagining what we will look like and it was damn hilarious.

We arrived at the hotel hall and her phone started to ring, she looked outside the hotel.

"I have to go now; my brother is waiting me outside." She said in a rush.

"OK, see you tomorrow." I said waving to her until she was out of my sight.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is the longest chapter i have ever written so i'm sorry if there were grammar or spelling mistakes, i hope that you are enjoying the story as i enjoy writing it.

if like the story or not give me your opinions to develop it.

see you next Thursday :)