Safe and Sound

V

The stone room was dimly lit and he could barely see the naked curves of her body above him. Loki didn't know why he was having such strange impulses, and now that he had wholeheartedly given into Sif, he couldn't stop thinking about what had ended them in the first place; her obsession with Thor.

He could feel her run her hands across his body, while his were firmly affixed to her hips; though she moved freely, and to her liking. She had always been like this. She was the dominant one and Loki complied because she made him fit in. She made him important. Sif was his ticket into a greater life, out of Thor's shadow. At the same time, Sif wanted Loki for the opposite reasons. She only wanted to be closer to Thor.

Loki didn't want to remember any of this, he just wanted his pain to disappear. This constant pain of bipolar emotions and being confined to a tiny and dank space. This pain of his utter defeat, his loss of power and use of his mouth, and even secretly the pain of not seeing Lacy for months now. Loki wanted to just allow Sif to take this all away, even for a moment, but now jealousy over his “brother” prevailed. All he could focus on was how much Sif had glorified Thor, how much she had actually ignored Loki while they were together. He should have ended it before he got too attached to her but at the same time he was drunk with the kind of power and influence she granted him. Loki didn't realize he was in love with Sif until he got sick of the love triangle he had been trapped in. Yes, even then Loki was submissive to her, she was acting just like she used to.

No. Not this time. Loki wasn't going to let this happen again. He wasn't going to let this newly replenished pain of hers replace the horrible hurt he had bore before. He couldn't hear Sif through the near raging thoughts boiling in his mind, nor did he realize the powerful grip his hands now had on her body.

“Loki!” Sif nearly shouted, despite Loki's warnings to be quite earlier. The guards he could care less about it but he did not want Eyfrida to have the slightest clue what he was doing alone with Sif in his cell.

Loki had barely realized that his eyes had closed, shocking Sif by how dark the green of his iris's were when he suddenly opened them. “Are you alri-?” she began but Loki, almost violently, tossed Sif off of himself and she landed next to him on the stone bed. She was in a shock from Loki's sudden force, and could barely ask him what he was doing before Loki moved her onto her stomach and forced her down, into the numerous furs adorning the hard surface. He held her in place, using all the strength he had to both restrain her and thrust into her as hard and fast as he could. This time he wasn't going to be submissive, Sif wasn't going to use him, he was going to use her. Loki wasn't a bitch and Sif wasn't a hound, he would make that known to her.

These new feelings of nearly pure rage eliminated any ecstasy or release to his cruel punishment he had found moments before. Loki was now consumed by not being second best again to Thor. Soon Loki was overtaken by this power, the only power he could every really have now, and nearly forgot about Sif below him, even as he came inside her. He continued this abuse still, quickly coming down from that dangerous high and realized the position he was in. Both of Sif's arms were pinned below her chest, and her legs were spread wide and kept in place by Loki's knees. He had even gone so far as to wrap his hand around her mouth, and couldn't recall doing so.

What had he done? Why did Loki let himself do this? He immediately was overcome with dread, removing himself from Sif quickly and letting her free. Why did he do that?

Why did he do that?

He wanted to apologize to her as she sat up quickly, noticing that she must be in some sort of pain. What had just happened wasn't Loki, it was some demon. And now all he could do was stare, he couldn't even ask if she was alright. He couldn't apologize, he couldn't even say her name.

Immediately Loki's eyes filled with frustrated tears, now a dull, nearly gray color. He immediately thought of trying to tear away the stitching, that was now healed and bonded to his own skin, as he hid in shame behind his disheveled hair and shaking hands.

“Loki,” Sif spoke, watching him and immediately he got off of the bed, standing with his back to her, his whole body now shook as his hand studied the stitching over his mouth, seriously considering his previous thought. “Loki,” she spoke softer, and he suddenly felt her warm arms fold around his middle, as she laid her head against the skin of his back.

Suddenly nothing made sense to Loki, why was she acting like this? Didn't he just...

“Why'd you stop?” she asked quietly as she kissed his back, one of her hands sneaking slowly down his stomach and past his waist. His muscles tensed as she did so, and he turned in her grasp to look down at her face.

Her dark eyes were hungrily observing his body, before she looked up to his face and she noticed the tears. “Loki,” she spoke, now more alarmed and let him go completely so he could turn around. “What's wrong?”

He bent down, getting on his knees before her and the bed, with both of his hands on either side of her face and stared straight into her soul. She didn't seem hurt at all, or even scared. Did she actually like what he had done?

“I thought you weren't supposed to be able to slip into other's minds anymore,” she smirked, leaning her forehead against his and left Loki completely shocked. “No, you didn't hurt me,” she then replied, her smirk forming into a smile, “What you did felt amazing.”

Loki didn't quite understand, he wasn't supposed to be able to read or project thoughts into other's minds. How could he, even when he could barely figure out what was going on in his own head? Loki continued to stare at her but before he could decide to stand up and get his quill and parchment Sif moved to wrap her thighs around Loki's middle, leaning back on her elbows.

“Can't you worry about this later? I don't understand what you're trying to tell me,” she said, pulling Loki closer to her with her legs. “Besides, I'm not done with you,” she added and Loki couldn't help but notice his half-unwanted excitement for her again. Sif would make sure that whatever Loki had just accomplished would wait until she was finished with him.

---


Loki was laying in his bed, with an absolute loss of time. It felt like he had been laying there for hours, even after Sif left him. He knew that was before dawn, and Eyfrida was always up early, he didn't know if she was forced awake or if she just liked mornings.

It had to have been hours since Sif left, Loki could feel the ache in his thinning body from remaining still so long. Time, however wasn't much of his concern. What was that communication he had with Sif earlier? How was he able to project his thoughts into her mind? That was supposed to be impossible for him.

He stared up at the smooth stone ceiling to his cell, rarely blinking, as if the answers were written there in an unknown language which he was desperately trying to decipher. Oddly enough, he kept thinking that teaching Eyfrida to read would be so much simpler, instead of thinking of a way to trick himself out of imprisonment, or fix his mouth.

A sudden shock to the quiet of his cell, the heavy door opened, lightly scraping across the stone floor. Loki breathed in deeply, a temporary rush of fresh air entering the stone cell before the door slid shut again.

“L-Loki?” Eyfrida's voice called timidly, not seeing him at the dining table or with his books as usual. He stiffly sat up, popping his neck before realizing that he was still naked from his long night with Sif. He quickly got out of bed, making a noise that only sounded like loud humming, to try and get Eyfrida to stay on the other side of the cell.

“Loki?” she asked, her voice sounding more panicked now and he rolled his eyes, quickly grabbing one of the furs strewn across his stone mattress and wrapped it around his waist. “Loki- oh!” she said as she rounded the corner, her hands immediately flying to her eyes as she spun away quickly. “I thought... I'm sorry,” she added, sounding utterly embarrassed.

Loki only stood there, running the situation through his mind before laughing, muffled by the scarred stitching of course. Holding the fur around his slim waist he walked over to her, a persistent smile tugging awkwardly at his lips as he laid a hand on her shoulder. She jumped as his cold hand fell on her surprisingly warm skin. She was too afraid to look at Loki's face, instead her eyes fell on his feet. He had to grab her chin and pull her face up to his. Eyfrida knew him well enough by now to know she wasn't in trouble, just by the way he was smiling though it faded when he realized how scared she looked.

Loki shook his head at her, before pointing, instructing her to go back around to the front of the cell so he could dress and she quickly did so. Loki took the fur that he had wrapped around himself and tossed it back onto the bed lazily before dressing in simple trousers and a tunic. He didn't have much of a choice in what he wore anymore, he only had what was given to him and now all the clothes seemed to be baggy or too big for him.

Fighting a yawn as he walked to the front of the cell, afraid that one day he would rip open his stitching and utterly destroy his lips and mouth, he walked over to Eyfrida who was sitting at the dining table. She had gotten out a few pieces of parchment and started brewing some tea, something she learned Loki liked by habit of him asking. At least he could still drink.

He sat across from her, instantly taking the quill and parchment to write, “Am I that ugly?” jokingly.

She read it slowly, her eyes widening before she actually looked at him willingly for the first time. “No!” she said quickly. “No, I just...” she nearly panicked before realizing he was only joking. Afterwords she laughed, letting go of her embarrassment. “What were you doing naked?” she then asked.

I'm allowed to be,” Loki simply wrote his reply.

“No,” Eyfrida said lacking any force that would tell him she was bossing him around. Loki only rose his eyebrow, another smile forming awkwardly on his lips. “I mean... Well I don't want to ask you why,” she said, looking away from him again, with a bright smile of her own.

I'm sorry none the less, I don't mean for you to see me as indecent,” Loki wrote as she spoke. She had become much better at reading now, as if every week she was easily learning more and more.

Silence followed, it was always quiet between them unless he asked Eyfrida to speak or she had questions for him. After the tea had been brewed, Eyfrida made herself and Loki a cup and then her “lessons” ensued. Loki wouldn't willingly admit that he eventually had no idea what he was doing, though Eyfrida was tricking the trickster god well. At least twice a week at night she would have long lessons in the palace without his knowledge, learning how to read and write from someone who could actually speak. The only downfall was over the past few months of doing this she was loosing nearly too much sleep.

Eyfrida felt that deep down Loki didn't care when she would enter in the morning, especially since he would barely wake up when she would enter. She was made to be up early by the guards who also resided in the mountain, even if she would arrive back from the Palace of Asgard late and had barely gotten an hour of sleep. And last night was such.

She yawned, midway through practicing writing and suddenly hopped Loki didn't notice, although he had been silent, meaning still, for a while now. Eyfrida slowly looked to her left where Loki sat, seeing his head propped up in one of his hands, his elbow resting low on the stone table. She also noticed his slow and shallow breaths and his closed eyes.

He had fallen asleep on her, after she had worried for months that she would do the same to him. Part of her had the mind to wake him up, not wanting him to get angry that she didn't, and another part was afraid that he would become angry with her if she did wake him up. She fought a second yawn, twirling the quill between her fingers as she looked around his cell. There wasn't very many chores for her to do, Loki was very clean. Still, Eyfrida stood from the table with determination to find something to quietly do while Loki slept, trying to decide if she wanted to wake him or not.

---


The air was hot, the sun shining unnaturally bright and casting a warm golden glow across everything under it's rays. She was in front of a glistening pond, which a very large, flowering tree overhung. There was birdsong filling it's lush branches, and cast a shadow over where she stood near the edge of the pond, which mirrored her appearance. She had never seen a dress so elegant before, although it looked ancient, something that would be found on women in paintings that depicted the ancient Greeks and Romans.

Her hands slowly lifted to her blonde hair, exploring the intricate braids and curls that held her hair high and close to her scalp, also noticing a bright red hibiscus pinned behind her ear. She could even smell the fragrance from the flower, along with the many flowers and fruits surrounding her in the garden in which she stood.

This place was entirely peaceful, all too good to be true. Everything teased her senses and she noticed, realizing that everything was too real to be real, but also too real to be a dream. Despite the pure serenity of her surroundings, she was frightened and unable to make up her mind on what was happening to her. She had no prior knowledge of how she came to this strange place, or how she had received these clothes. She had to be dreaming, but she could not force herself awake. Ambient noises were all too obvious, the smells of the garden were so strong she could nearly taste them, and every pore on her body could feel the heat and her clothes. Never before had a dream been so detailed.

She could feel her heart trying to break free from her ribcage while her lungs refused to grant her enough oxygen to properly think. She was frightened of this place, afraid that she was stuck somewhere between a dream and reality.

Still staring down at her frightened reflection she watched a man walk up next to her slowly. She didn't look up to him but looked over to his slightly distorted reflection in the glossy water. She saw that he, however, was starring at her with much perplexity.

“I don't understand what's happening,” she spoke to him quietly, her eyes staying on his reflection. She barely breathed the words but they were just as audible as if she had shouted them.

He was silent next to her for the longest time, before finally replying, “What don't you understand?”

She shut her blue eyes tightly, his voice immediately bringing her to hears. She was actually hearing his voice. It was his voice.

“I can't wake up,” she said, trying not to sob as she began to violently shake, now afraid that he would disappear if she looked up to his face.

“Lacy,” his voice spoke smoothly, though full of concern and confusion. The real sound of him nearly commanded her eyes and finally she looked over to him. His hair was a bit longer, he looked skinnier, and he was dressed in dark clothes that matched the age of her dress. She could see every detail of him, every fleck of green in his eyes, every thread of his clothes and she could see every uneasy breath he took.

He really was here with her, he had to be.

“You aren't dreaming...” Loki told her cautiously, afraid that she would disappear on him if he spoke the truth to her. “I am.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, a lot of randomness happened in this chapter. It was all necessary however, and I didn't want to post a bunch of chapters just to get this all out. So, was this worth the over-a-month-long wait because of Camp NaNoWriMo? I don't think it was really :/ However this story's over halfway done and since Loki and Lacy are sharing dreams now, and Loki's doing "stuff" with Sif, and Loki's barely starting to get a thing for Eyfrida, this will hopefully get pretty interesting. Talk about a love peace-symbol-shape :3

Also, if you don't know who the heck Lacy is, I recommend reading my story "The Familiar Taste of Poison". If you don't want to for whatever reason, I pretty much threw a love interest for Loki into the Avenger's movie plot.

I'm kind of sad to say that I don't know how long it'll take me to get this updated weekly again, for many reasons. I picked up a bunch more hours at work, I still have to write chapters for my other Loki story ("The End of Eternity"), even though I won Nano I didn't finish the fricken' Joker story I wrote and I want to so badly, aaand I also started writing a new fic for a guy who slightly cured my nearly obsessive fangirling over Tom Hiddleston/Loki. His name is Toby Joe Turner, aka TOBUSCUS, and he is wonderful <3