Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

012:

Chapter Twelve
“Oh my god, I’m so stuffed!” I laughed as I patted my stomach and leaned back in my chair, “Tammy, you’re an amazing cook! Nate, lucky jerk!”

“He’s at the gym a lot because he eats way too much of Tammy’s food,” Brad laughed and Nathan rolled his eyes.

“Thanks Marsh,” Nathan grumbled because we were laughing. I got up and walked over towards him and rubbed his stomach.

“Yup, that’s a gut,” I laughed and Nathan shoved my hand away and playfully glared at me, “Awww, you’re too cute,” I smirked and ruffled his hair.

“Hey! I’m older than you!” he yelled and I smirked towards Tammy, “Respect your elders!”

“Are we going by age or mentality?” I asked and Brad and Milan snickered.

“Both!” Nathan yelled and I snorted.

“What’s two plus two, Horty?” I asked and he threw his head back and groaned.

“God! You’re never gunna let that go, are you?!”

“Nope,” I laughed and plopped back onto my seat, remembering the time a few years back, Nathan had a serious hockey injury, but we trying to make him feel better by spending time with him. He was on so many drugs that he couldn’t even remember his own name, we were messing with him the one time and just asked him what two plus two was and he was like ‘a fun time’, “You were on like what- three different drugs?”

“Yeah, that was a bad hit,” Nathan said as he threw his napkin on the empty plate and breathed a sigh of a full stomach, “I can’t fit anymore.”

We had opened all of our presents, Nathan got me a few movies, plus some gift cards; Tyler got me a scarf, his mom or sister probably helped him; Brad got me a new Boston Red Socks jersey because my old one had a huge ketchup stain on it from the last one that Brad, Tyler and I went to. Brad and Milan were making bets on who was going to score the first homerun, I was sitting in-between the two boys, they were talking with their hands, I was holding a hotdog, do you see where I’m going with this? Never the less, the hotdog feel, the sauce stained, my jersey was ruined and I was mad. However, I loved Milan’s second present, it was funny, and the guys were still busting us for it. I laughed when I opened the box to see the away Boston jersey with number seventeen and an autograph, we didn’t plan having the same idea for gag gifts, but it was funny.

After cleaning up the table and doing the dishes with Tammy, while the guys watched sports, Nathan, Tammy and Dylan were leaving.

“No!”

“Alyssa-“

“No!”

“Alyssa-“ Nathan said sternly and I smirked and hugged Dylan tighter, hearing him giggled as I shook him back and forth and he saw his feet dangle.

“He’s so cute,” I said and Nathan smirked.

“You can have him for the night the next time you’re up,” Tammy said and my face perked up.

“Really?! Yeah! Party time!” I said and then handed Dylan over to Tammy, “You and me bro, it’s happening,” I smiled as I waved bye to Dylan and he waved and smiled brightly. Brad walked them out of the condo and I felt arms around my waist, Milan and I were alone.

“So you like kids?”

“Love ‘em,” I laughed and then turned around in Milan’s arms and wrapped my arms around his neck; “Mhmmm, you smell good,” I breathed as I snuggled my face into Milan’s chest, “I don’t wanna leave tomorrow.”

“I don’t want you to leave tomorrow either,” he said and I moved my hands over his shoulders, down his chest and around his back.

“I have a game against Buffalo,” I sighed and then felt Milan’s fingers under my chin; he pushed my head up and pressed his lips onto mine.

I heard the door into the condo open, “Oh my,” we heard and turned around because I didn’t recognize the voice.

My eyes widened as I saw the woman in the doorway, flaming red hair, bright green eyes, “Mom?”

“Oh, Alyssa, what are you doing here?”

“I could ask you the same thing,” I said, feeling Milan’s arms dropped from my waist.

“Oh, I’m here-“

“Tracy?” Brad said as he walked into the condo.

“Brad!” Mom said happily and then I was a little taken back when she placed her hands on his chest, “You left too soon last night!”

“What?” I asked confused and looking back and forth between my mom and Brad.

“You shouldn’t be here,” Brad said as he moved my mom’s hands and placed them at her sides.

“What’s going on Brad?” I asked angrily.

“AJ, I-“

“Alyssa when did you get here? Why didn’t you come to see me?!” mom asked as she walked over and grabbed my hand, acting like everything she’s ever done in the past had never happened.

“I wasn’t here for you,” I stated and looked at Brad, “Why is she here?”

“AJ, I-“

“Brad and I are together-“

“We’re not together,” Brad said quickly and I tore my hand from my mom’s grasp and backed up.

“What?!” I asked disgusted.

“We’ve been together-“

“We’re not together, Tracy!” Brad said forcefully and I shook my head and backed up into Milan’s chest.

“You and my mom? My mom?!”

“AJ, it’s-“

“No!” I snapped and then turned around, “No, no, no, no-“

“AJ, wait!” I heard Brad yell as I walked passed Milan and ran down the hallway. Slamming the door in his face and then running towards my bags, “AJ-“

“Don’t Brad! Just don’t! That’s so nasty! You’re with me mom!” I said as he walked into the room and looked at me.

“No! I’m not with her, there’s nothing like that going on between us!” he said and I shook my head.

“That didn’t look like nothing,” I said and he grabbed my hands and looked at me.

“There’s nothing going on,” he said plainly and then sighed, “She found me, wanted to know about you, I told her that if she wanted to have a chance with you then she would have to clean herself up.”

“She doesn’t look clean!” I growled and he sighed and let my arms go.

“She was, until last night,” he said and then ran his hands through his hair, “That’s where I was last night; she broke her clean streak and called for my help.”

“Even if she becomes fully clean, I’ll never want anything to do with her,” I said and he shrugged his shoulders.

“I just thought you might,” he said and I sighed, “You’ve always held grudges.”

“Brad, just make her go away, I don’t want to see her,” I said and he nodded his head.

“Don’t go, AJ,” he said, seeing my clothes being thrown into my bags.

“Get her out of here,” I said and Brad nodded his head and walked out of the room. I sighed and then rubbed my face and then walked out of the room to hear my mom yelling at Brad.

“You need to go!”

“No, I want to see my daughter!”

“No, Tracy, you’re not ready, you need to go,” Brad said and I hid behind the corner and listened, “And stop telling people that we’re together, we’re not together!”

“Are you embarrassed of me? We had a moment, that one night-“

“No! There was no night, no moment! I’m only helping you because you wanted to get clean, so help yourself and get clean!” Brad yelled and I turned the corner.

“What night?” I asked and mom looked at me, Milan was in the kitchen grabbing a water and Brad was shaking his head.

“Alyssa! Brad and I had a night a few months ago! He’s amazing, I see why you followed him around everywhere!” she said and my eyes widened and I glared at Brad.

“You told me-“

“No! We didn’t-“

“We did!” mom said and then smiled, “I have a video!”

“What?!” Brad and I yelled and Milan choked out his water all over the kitchen floor.

I glared at Brad, “You slept at with my mother?!”