Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

018:

Chapter Eighteen
-Alyssa-
"Jesus Christ! Don't break anything else!" I yelled as I shoved Nick because he just slammed into the wall and a picture from of a view from the lake by my house had fallen off the wall and to the ground.

"Sorry," he said and I sighed and started to pick up the pieces.

"You said you called his team?" Mike asked and I nodded his team, "If they're not here in five minutes, I'm kicking his ass."

"Don't break anything," I said and Mike smirked and nodded his head, bending down to help pick up the shattered glass. I cursed when I cut my finger on the glass and then saw Mike get up to get a towel and then threw it over my finger, "It's just a little cut, Mike," I smirked, "I'm fine."

There was a knock at the door and I sighed and stood up. Alex and Nick looked at me and I walked out of the kitchen and into the living room, hearing Mike throw the broken glass pieces away. Jordan sat on the couch with Nick and Alex behind him, glaring.

"Well that's my-"

"Sit," Alex growled and then shoved Jordan back into the couch as I walked towards the door and opened it to see Sidney standing there, some of his teammates behind him.

"I told you to get your boy, not to bring your whole fuckin' team with you," I stated, annoyed with this whole situation.

"Didn't know if I would need them," Sidney and then went to walk into the house, but I slammed my hand into the door frame, my arm stretched out in front of Sidney. He looked at me and I glared at him.

"The next time you want to test a theory of seeing if I'm one of your puck bunnies," I glared at him and the grip on the door frame increased, only because I didn't want to punch him, "Don't."

"That's not-"

"If another one of your teammates find their way to my doorstep, I'm not going to call my teammates," I said and he looked at me confused, "I'm going to take a metal bat to hit them and say it was self defense," I saw Sidney's jaw clench, his body stiffened and his lips were pressed together, "Got it?" Sidney nodded his head and then looked towards Jordan while I looked at his teammates behind him to see that they were all looking at me, "Sid," he looked back at me, "You're my friend," his shoulders sagged, "I'm not going to give another chance, take Staal and your team and go."

Sidney nodded his head and then stepped into the house after I moved to the side and let him in, only him. I heard Sidney walk over towards Jordan, grab him and then he drug him out of the house, "Bye Red!"

"Stay away, Staal!" I yelled after Jordan blew a kiss towards me.

-Sidney-
"Man, don't you ever learn?!" I growled while throwing Jordan into his room after everyone piled into the SUV that Jordan had taken and then headed back to the hotel.

"What?!" he laughed and I growled as Jordan walked into the bathroom and looked into the mirror at his bloody lip.

"You had your fun, it's over! Don't bother Alyssa again!" I ordered and Jordan waved me off and smirked, "I'm serious."

"You're just pissed because you didn't have the balls to go after her and I did!" he started and my fists clenched and I glared at him, "Man, I knew that red heads were feisty, but this girl- Damn, I'm on a mission!"

"Sid," Geno said as he placed his hand on my shoulder and I breathed out a sigh of aggravation.

"Do you want to be scratched, Staal?" I growled and Jordan looked at me, "Don't go near here, or I'll scratch your ass!"

-Alyssa-
"Are you all right?" Milan asked and I sighed into the phone and then collapsed onto my bed.

"I'm fine, just pretty pissed, but fine," I said and then felt Duke jump up onto my bed.

"I'll kill 'em," Milan growled and I laughed, "Horty! When do we play the Pens next?"

"Milan," I whined and then listened to him and Nathan talk.

"We play them the beginning of next month," Milan said and I sighed and rolled over onto my stomach and shoved a pillow under my arms, "I'm gunna kill Staal."

"Just don't get yourself in trouble," I begged and then heard Milan sigh, "I miss you."

"I miss you too," he said and then chuckled, "Marshy mi-"

I groaned and then shook my head, "No, Milan."

"You're still pissed-"

"He slept with my mother! Of course I'm still pissed!"

"AJ," Milan sighed, "He was drunk, not knowing what he was doing- People do stupid things when they're drunk. He's your best friend, your horny best friend-" I smirked and laughed a little, "Give 'em some slack, he's really sorry about hurting you."

"I'll think about it," I said.

"All right," Milan said and I heard him breathe a sigh of relief, "Two more weeks," he said happily and I squealed.

"Two more weeks until I kick your ass!" I laughed.

"Hell no! Sorry babe, but your team will be the one losing!" Milan said and I felt my face heat up when he called me 'babe'.

"Not a chance in hell!" I smiled brightly and then decided that it was time for me to get some sleep because we had a big game tomorrow.

-Mike-
"You all right?" I asked Alyssa as she walked into the locker room and I nodded my head, "A metal bat, eh?"

She smirked and then shrugged her shoulders, "The only thing I thought of at the time."

Alex laughed and then walked over and placed his hand on her shoulder, "I thought you were going to claw Crosby's eyes out yesterday!"

"Close to it," she muttered and then sat on the bench and I heard some of the guys ask what we were talking about, so naturally, we had to tell them.

"Man I would have shot Staal for trespassing!" Jeff Halpern said and I heard Alyssa snort.

"Yeah, I don't like Staal, but there will be no shooting, I hate guns," she said and I made a mental note not to get her anything that was associated with guns, ever.

Coach walked in while we were in the middle of putting our gear on, he said some inspiring words and then left so that our Captain could say a few words. We all laughed when he said the same thing he always says when we're against the Penguins, "Kick Crosby's ass."

We went out for the warm up and I made sure to stick close to Alyssa, making sure that every Penguin stayed away from her.

-Alyssa-
"Oh, you got to be kidding me," I growled as I shook my head and skated towards my bench.

Sidney had hooked Alex with his stick and then pushed him into the boards in front of the Capital bench and he almost went over. I sighed and then watched as they had a shoving match. Alex said something to Sidney and then a punch was thrown and Sidney's helmet popped off. The refs got in there and pushed Sidney and I watched as Alex waved before he climbed over the bench and watched as Sidney was pushed into the Penguins bench. Alex said something to Nick before they laughed and I snorted when Alex started to make hand motions that Sidney was a monkey.

"Dork," I laughed and then felt someone's shoulder bump into mine and I turned my head to see Jordan standing there.

I scoffed and Jordan smirked, "Hello gorgeous!"

"What do you want?" I growled.

"So how 'bout you and me get something to eat after this?" he smirked and shook my head.

"Didn't your Captain tell you to stay away from me?"

"Sure, but it's not my fault he doesn't have the balls to go after what he wants," Jordan said and I looked at him to see him smirking, "I do."

"And what do you want, Staal?"

"You," he smirked and I shook my head.

"Too bad, not happening."

"Well that's too bad," he bent down low, it was a good thing I had my helmet on because I'm sure I would have felt his lips against my ear, "Because I usually get what I want."

"Well that sucks for you then," I said, turning towards him, "You're not getting me."

"You sure about that," he smirked and I glared and then shoved him, "Whoa, she's getting rough, I like it rough," I heard a whistle, but I ignored it and dropped my gloves and threw a punch across Jordon's cheek, "You wanna play with the big boys, fine!" he laughed and he's gloves dropped and he smirked.

'...I'm gunna die...' I thought, because one punch from him could most likely do some damage. The refs got in-between us, but I went around and shoved Jordan so hard that he fell onto his ass.

"AJ," I heard and felt myself being pulled back, I snapped my head and saw Sidney there. I glared at him before I turned and punched him in the jaw, growling and trying not to cry out or shake my hand because those punches hurt my hand.

The crowd was cheering and I felt two refs grabbing me and pulling me towards the penalty box, earning two minutes for roughing. I smirked as I saw all the Capital fans on their feet cheering, Mike skated past me, smirking and shaking his head.

'...Hope that earned Alex's trust about Sid...'