Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

037:

Chapter Thirty Seven
-Milan-
"Yes!" the team was celebrating their four to one win against the Capitals. I was sad that Alyssa wasn't on the ice, some of us that she was the reason that they lost, they played really sloppy. At least I knew that she was up in the box watching us.

"Yo Looch, Becca says that her and Red are home," Brad said and I looked at him confused, "I don't know, that's all it says."

"All right," I said as I finished getting dressed.

I looked at Chara and he smirked, already knowing what I was going to ask, "Just be back at eight, we leave at nine," he said and I smirked and nodded my head.

"Wait? Am or Pm?" Brad asked.

"Am, I got Coach to put us up for the night," Chara said and I smiled brightly, "Thought you guys would appreciate that."

"Thanks man, owe you one," I said as I turned around and was face to face with Coach, "Uh-"

"Don't be late," he said and then shoved something in my chest and I looked down to see car keys.

"Thanks," I smiled and then gathered up my stuff and ran out the door, seeing Nathan, Brad, Tyler, and Tuukka following.

We walked out to the SUV and then climbed in, just as I turned on the car, some of the Capitals were walking towards their cars. My eyes met Mike Green's and he glared at me, I was happy to return the look.

"Come on, Looch," Brad said and put the vehicle in drive and headed out of the parking lot and towards Alyssa's house.

When we pulled up in front of the house, I saw Alyssa's sister walking outside. The guys and I busted Tyler when he ran up to her and kissed her. We walked onto the porch and saw Rebecca smirking, "You're not going to believe this, but Alyssa's like high off of her pain pills."

"What?" I laughed and headed for the door but Rebecca stopped me.

"We left the box in the middle of the second period because her shoulder was bothering her. She stopped at her trainers and he prescribed her some pain pills, she took one when we got home and well, she's a little out there," Rebecca giggled.

"So she missed Looch's goal?" Tuukka asked and Rebecca shook her head.

"Nope, we left right after that, congrats though."

"Thanks," I smiled, happy to hear that Alyssa had seen it.

"Though, I did manage to see yours on TV," she said and I saw that she was smirking towards Tyler.

I rolled my eyes and walked into the house, the others followed. We stopped when we saw Alyssa lying on the bed, she was staring at the ceiling, her arm in the air and she looked like she was counting.

"What's she doing?" Nathan asked.

"No clue," Rebecca answered.

I walked over towards her and saw that she had ice on her shoulder. I bent down next to her and placed my hand on her arm, she didn't even notice that I was there, she was just muttering numbers, "Babe," I called and she sighed and looked at me, her eyes were squinted, like she was fighting to keep them opened.

"Mr. Looch," she smiled brightly and I heard the guys snort because she sounded so drugged up.

"What the hell did they give her?" Nathan asked as he walked over and picked up the pill bottle, "Morphine pills?! Shit! That's strong stuff!"

"Obviously," I muttered, "Where's her phone?"

"Right here," Rebecca said.

"Call her trainer," I said, "How many did she take?"

"The bottle tells her to take one," Nathan said and then looked at Rebecca, "How many did she take?"

"I think I saw her only take one, I'm not sure," Rebecca said and I sighed, "You want me to call her trainer?"

"Yeah," I said and then sat Alyssa up, sat on the couch and pulled her onto my lap.

"Mr. Looch, do you know where Muffin is?" Alyssa asked and I looked at her confused.

"No-"

"Wait a minute!" Nathan said as he smirked and then bent down in front of us, "Alyssa- Alyssa, hey!" Alyssa looked towards Nathan, "What's two plus two?"

Brad and I laughed because this is payback from what she pulled on him last year when he was injured.

"A good time!" Alyssa yelled and the guys and I laughed because that's what Nathan said when he was so drugged up, "Mr. Looch, we need to find Muffin."

"Who the hell is Muffin?" Tyler asked.

"The damn rabbit that we chased when we were younger," Brad said and I looked at him like he was crazy, "What?"

"You chased a rabbit and then named it Muffin?" Tuukka laughed.

"She did!" Brad said and I snorted.

"Of course, blamed the girl whose so drugged up she can't do math," Tuukka said and I smirked and kissed her cheek.

"Hey, hey, hey, don't be gettin' a fresh on me, Mr. Looch," Alyssa said and then snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"Wow, just wow," Tyler said and we just nodded out heads.

"Her trainers on his way over," Rebecca said as she walked back into the room, "So if she only did take one and she's acting like this, what would happen?"

"They'll probably only tell her to take a half of one or change the pills," Nathan said and then sat on the coffee table in front of us, "I know when I was on this shit, Tammy said that I tried to be George of the Jungle, and I didn't remember a thing when I passed out."

"Did you hit a tree?" I asked and the guys laughed while Nathan rolled his eyes.

"Shut up," he said and I smirked, "And there she goes."

I looked down and saw that Alyssa had passed out on my shoulder and I sighed and got her more comfortable on my lap, "She won't remember a thing?"

"Probably not, I don't know- I'm surprised that they prescribed them for her, usually they don't," Nathan said and Brad sighed and sat on the couch next to us and stared at his friend.

"Oh!" Rebecca said and we looked at her to see her walk over towards Brad and smack him upside the head really hard.

"Ow!"

"What the hell were you thinking?! Sleeping with our mother!" she growled and Brad looked guilty.

"Sorry-"

"Don't you dare do it again or I'll cut your manhood off!" she yelled and Brad sighed and nodded his head, "Unbelievable."

We heard a car door close and Tuukka walked over towards the door and opened it. I heard him curse and we all looked towards the door to see Ovechkin and Green walking along side an older man, who we assumed was the trainer. I sighed and then slid Alyssa onto the couch and stood above her. Brad moved her feet to his lap and I saw the guys walk in. Green and Ovechkin seem to freeze on the porch when they saw us. I bit back a smirk and then watched as they walked in and the trainer went right over to Alyssa and bent down.

"She only took one, right?" he asked and I nodded my head, hoping that I was right.

"I think," Rebecca said and the trainer opened the bottle, poured all of the pills onto the table and counted them.

"What was she doing?" Ovechkin asked.

"She was delusional for like an hour and then she passed right out," Rebecca said and I heard the trainer sigh.

"She shouldn't have been like that- She did only take one," he said as he put all of the pills back into the bottle, "Have her only take a half of one now, at least until I can get her a different prescription."

"All right," Rebecca said and then he checked over Alyssa's vitals and then looked at her shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm not liking how that feels," he muttered and I bit the inside of my lip and rubbed my chin, "Have her call me when she wakes up."

"All right," I said and then felt her teammates eyes on my.

"Call me if anything changes," the trainer said as he stood up and sighed, "Everything else looks fine, when I go into work tomorrow, I'll get on the phone with the pharmacy."

"All right, thanks," Rebecca said and he nodded his head.

"Boys," the trainer nodded his head towards us and we nodded back.

"Thanks doc," Green muttered and we watched as the trainer left the house and I looked at Alyssa.

"Milan, can you bring her to bed?" Rebecca asked and I nodded my head. The tension in this room was so thick, you could cut it, "Thanks."

I bent down and picked Alyssa up bridal style and carried her out of the living room and towards her room. Rebecca followed me and once I laid Alyssa on the bed, her sister shooed me out and I walked back into the room to see Ovechkin dragging Green out of the house.

'...And stay out...' I growled.