Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

046:

Chapter Forty Six
"So what's up?" Sidney asked as he brought me into the house and into the massive kitchen.

"So this is what the NHL give their face?" I asked as I looked around the place and heard his chuckle, "How are you Sid?"

"I'm pretty good," he said and I nodded my head and looked outside to see that there were a lot of people out there, "Sorry, we already had this barbeque planned a while ago, it was a surprise birthday party for one of my players."

"It's fine," I said and Sidney sighed and nodded his head.

"Hey! AJ!" I turned my head and then groaned when I saw Jordan Staal walking towards me, "How's my favorite red head."

"What happened to you?" I smirked when I saw his busted lip and eyebrow.

"Eh, I got checked a lot during last night's game," he said and I looked towards Sidney.

"Lucic and Marchand got to him," Sidney said and I smirked.

'...So my boyfriend and best friend, thanks guys...' I bit back a giggle and I saw Jordan roll his eyes, "They did a number on you."

"Oh, you should see the bruise on his should-" Sidney stopped when he saw Jordan already taking his shirt off.

'...It is not fair that all of these guys are freaking gorgeous! Even the assholes!...' I thought as I saw Jordan's body and then snorted when I saw the bruise on his shoulder, "I'll have to thank them when I see them next."

"Hey!" Jordan said and I hopped up onto Sidney's counter and he handed me a beer, "That's not very nice, I didn't do anything to them-"

"Actually you kind of did," I said and he and Sidney looked at me confused, "You messed with Lucic's girlfriend and Marchand's best friend."

"I didn't tough Lucic's girlfriend," he defended and I smirked and nodded my head.

"Yeah, but you did," I said and felt Sidney lean against the counter next to me, our arms touching.

"Oh yeah, who's his girlfriend?!"

"You're looking at her," I stated and Sidney choked on his beer and then walked over to the sink and I bit back a laugh.

"You're dating Lucic?" Jordan asked and I smirked and nodded my head, "What the hell?"

"I did tell you that you would regret messing with me that night," I stated while Sidney composed himself.

"Ok, ok, Staalsy, go away," Sidney said as he composed himself and walked back over towards me, "You, come with me," he said as he pointed towards me.

I sighed and then slid off of the counter, leaving my beer there and following Sidney down the hallway, trying to ignore Jordan's yells of making sure that Sidney makes me scream with pleasure.

"Quite a teammate you have there, Sid," I said as Sidney ushered me into his office.

"You have no idea," he chuckled as he followed in behind me, "So what's going on?"

"I need a favor," I said as I walked over towards his desk and sat on the edge.

"What kind of favor?"

"Go nuts on Ovechkin when you play him on the 22nd, Green too," I said and Sidney looked at me a little surprised, "I know it's wrong of me to be asking this, but-"

"What happened? I mean, you know I hate Ovechkin- but what did they do to make you ask this of me? The Alyssa I know would never-"

"They got me dropped," I said and Sidney looked at me confused, "I'm not a Capital anymore, I've been brought back down to the Hershey Bears."

"What? Why?"

"Because on Saturday when we were playing against the Bruins, after the game Ovechkin confronted me saying that if I didn't dump Milan then he was going to scratch me- Sid, it's not like my relationship with Milan was affecting my game!"

"I watched the game, two goals-"

"Can you tell me if my game was off?" I said and he sighed, "I didn't realize that Milan was around the corner, Green was standing in front of me and when I was arguing with Ovechkin, he just kissed me."

"What?" Sidney smirked.

"Not funny! Milan was nuts and attacked Green, everything was screwed up and because of that whole mess, I've been brought down!"

"How is this your fault?" Sidney asked and I threw my arms in the air.

"Thank you! My point exactly!" I said and Sidney sighed and then looked towards the door and groaned, "What?"

"Hold on," he said and then opened the door and I watched as four bodies fell to the ground.

"Wow, high school much boys," I said and watched as Kris Letang, James Neal, Evgeni and Jordan stood up, "Hi guys."

"Hi AJ," Kris, James and Evgeni said as he stood and walked over towards me, we became friends after the All Star game.

"What's with the eavesdropping?" Sidney asked and I looked to see that Evgeni was on one side of me, Kris on the other with James next to him and Sidney made sure that Jordan stood across the room next to him.

"Staalsy said that you were in here alone with AJ, didn't believe that she was here," James said and I snorted.

"Why is it always sexual with you guys?" I asked and they all looked at me.

"We're guys," Kris said and I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"So you have problem?" Evgeni asked and I looked at him and sighed, "We help?"

"What are you, some kind of hitman?" I laughed and he smirked, "Yes, I need help, and I don't think that it'll be a problem, but I am ashamed to ask it."

"What you need?"

"What? You didn't catch that when you were eavesdropping?" Sidney asked and I smirked.

"No, Gronk breathing too loud-"

"Me?! Your stomach wouldn't shut up!"

"I hungry!" Evgeni said and I giggled.

"Guys!" Sidney called and we all looked at him, "We have a game against the Capitals on the 22nd, we're going to bring the pain."

"I can't believe you just said that," Jordan snickered and I smirked because it sounded a little childish.

"Shut up!" Sidney growled and we just laughed.

"I'm confused, why are we 'going to bring the pain'?" Kris asked, snickering when he quoted Sidney.

"Tell 'em," Sidney said and I sighed and nodded my head, telling the four exactly what I had just told Sidney a few moments before.

"So wait a minute," Kris said and then paused, looking like he was trying to wrap his head around everything, "Because Green kissed you, and that whole shit happened, you're being brought down from the NHL?"

"Basically," I said and Kris leaned against the desk next to me, arms crossed over his chest and a serious look on his face.

"That's some messed up shit," he said and I nodded my head.

"When does your contract end with them?" James asked.

"I only signed a yearlong contract with them, and this is so stupid because it's almost time for the playoffs and they're going to need me," I said and Sidney nodded his head.

"Well, we still have a few more weeks until playoffs," Sidney said and then looked at us, "We'll figure something out to get Ovechkin and Green back."

"Don't you dare send Cooke after them," I said and Sidney looked at me confused, "I want to hurt them, not end their careers."

"Please, Cooke's the last of their worries," Jordan said and then cracked his knuckles, "I'll be your white knight, Red."

"Yay," I said unenthusiastically, "I'm saved."