Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

054:

Chapter Fifty Four
“Have fun unpacking without me,” I laughed as I was on the phone with Rebecca, secretly feeling bad that I left her all on her own to move into our new condo.

“You know Segs is with her, right?” Milan said as he looked at me from the driver’s seat in the rental car.

“No, I didn’t,” I said and then sighed, “Becca actually unpack then!” I snapped, only hearing everyone laughed, “I mean it!”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah,” Rebecca said, “Love you Lyss.”

“Love you too, have some fun,” I sighed and then hung up and looked at Milan, “How are you doing?”

“Been a while since I’ve been here,” he said and then looked around.

We had just flown into Vancouver, Milan’s hometown, we rented a car and then were heading towards his place. I was a little nervous because I was going to be meeting Milan’s family for the first time. He’s been telling me about them for the past few days, but that didn’t stop the nerves.

“You all right?” Milan asked as he placed his hand on my thigh.

“I’ll be fine,” I said as I looked out the window and placed my hand on top of his, “So your younger brother is, Nikola and your older is, Jovan?”

“Right, but you probably won’t see Jovan, he’s never around,” Milan said and I nodded my head, “Nik still lives with my parents.”

“How old is he?”

“Twenty, he goes to college,” Milan said and I nodded my head.

“Are we staying with your parents?” I asked and Milan nodded his head, “Oh boy.”

“It’ll be fine,” Milan chuckled and squeezed my thigh, “We’re almost there.”

-Milan-
“Dude!” I heard while unloading the car. I turned around and saw my little brother smirking as he walked over towards me, “Took you long enough to get here!”

“Shut up!” I barked while smirking and then hugging my brother.

“Whoa,” Nikola gasped and then gave a toothy grin when he saw Alyssa walking over towards me from the other side of the car.

“Watch it,” I growled and pushed my brother’s jaw up because it was gapped.

“She’s a babe,” Nikola smirked and I smiled brightly and wrapped my arm around Alyssa’s waist.

“Alyssa, this is my baby brother, Nikola,” I introduced, “Nik, meet, Alyssa.”

“Nice to meet the only woman in the NHL, and the little vixen who stole big brother’s heart,” he teased and I scoffed and looked over towards Alyssa to see that she was blushing.

“Nice to meet you, Nik,” she said and I smirked as they shook hands.

“Come on in, Mom’s cooking you favorite,” he said and I nodded my head and started to walk towards the front door of the house that I grew up in.

-Alyssa-
“Oh my god, that was amazing, Mrs. Lucic,” I gasped as I pushed away the plate, feeling completely full from the food that she had just served us.

“I’m glad you like,” she said and I smiled and nodded my head.

I had been in Milan’s home for almost two hours. I meet both of his parents, had a hard time pronouncing their names, so I just broke down and just called them Mr. and Mrs. Lucic. Milan and I were fed, the suitcases were already in our bedroom, and it looked like desert was about to be served.

“Oh no, I’m stuffed,” I said nicely as Mrs. Lucic looked to be bringing out a chocolate cake.

“Oh, but it’s very good,” she said and I smiled and shook my head.

“I have no room,” I laughed while rubbing my stomach, “Maybe later.”

“Oh ok,” she smiled and then walked back into the kitchen.

“Milan,” I heard and looked towards the head of the table, where Milan’s father still sat, sipping on his beer and looking at Milan and I sitting close together. I was hoping that he didn’t notice that Milan’s hand was under the table resting on my thigh, “What are your feelings on this lockout?”

Milan and I sighed, “I’m annoyed over it, but there’s nothing I can do.”

“Will you play overseas if the lockout continues?” he asked and I looked over towards Milan.

“Probably not,” he said and then sighed.

“What about you, Alyssa? Will you play overseas?”

“I don’t think so,” I said and then sighed, “I mean, I was just brought onto the Bruins’ roster, I need a lot of time to watch videos to get use to each players’ move and make sure that I’m in tip top shape for whenever the season does start.”

“If at all,” Nikola muttered and Milan growled towards him, “Sorry.”

“Milan,” I heard and looked up to see Mrs. Lucic walking back into the room. She took the seat across form Milan and I, while Nikola and Mr. Lucic took the heads of the table, “What are you going to do about Derek’s funeral?”

There was a little awkward silence, I had assumed that his family knew about what he had done the night that the Bruins won the cup. I stared at the table awkwardly and felt Milan squeeze my thigh a little.

“I’m just going to the funeral to pay my respects and that’s it,” he said and I looked over towards him, “I don’t want any drama.”

“Yeah,” Nikola scoffed, “Like that’s gunna happen.”

“Nikola!” Mrs. Lucic growled and slapped her youngest sons’ arm, “Don’t be rude!”

“I think Alyssa and I are gunna get some rest, that plane ride made me tired,” Milan said as he patted my knee and looked towards me.

“All right,” I said and we both stood up, I thanked Mrs. Lucic for the meal and we both left the living room and headed towards the guest bedroom, the same room that use to be Milan’s bedroom.

“It doesn’t look anything like my room,” he said as he walked into the room behind me and closed the door.

“Well it makes sense, you don’t live here anymore,” I said and he scoffed and then walked over towards me, wrapped his arms around my waist and then pressed his lips against mine, ‘…Oh my…’ Milan pushed me up against the bed and I fell onto my back. I gasped when Milan pinched my sides and then started to kiss my neck, “What happened to taking a nap?”

“You walked into my old bedroom,” he smiled and I giggled and ran my fingers through his hair.

“I am tired though,” I said and he sighed and rolled next to me, his arms still around my waist.

We both sat up, kicked off our shoes and I stood up and walked over towards my suitcase, pulling out some sweats and then changing into them. I looked over towards Milan and saw that he had taken off his jeans and shirt, leaving him in only his boxers.

‘…Damn is he gorgeous…’ I thought as I walked back over towards the bed as Milan climbed under the sheets. His mother didn’t agree with us sharing a room at first, but Mr. Lucic convinced her that it was all right since we were both adults.

“You have too much clothes on,” Milan chuckled as I went to climb into bed.

“What?” I asked confused and Milan sighed and sat up, he placed his hands on my hips and I started to feel my sweats being pushed to the ground, “Milan!” I laughed as they fell to my ankles.

“Come on,” he said and I sighed and climbed into bed, leaving my sweats on the floor. I was in a tank top and my underwear, “Still too much-“

“Shut up,” I barked and Milan chuckled as he wrapped his arms around me.

“Hmmm, I love you,” he breathed as I tucked my head under his chin and laid my hands on his chest, feeling the warmth and the smoothness.

“I love you too.”

-Milan-
“Where’s Alyssa?” Nikola asked as I walked downstairs, feeling rested after my nap.

“She’s still sleeping, she was up before me this morning,” I said as I sat on the couch and saw my brother watching some kind of movie.

“Why?”

“Nervous about meeting mom and dad,” I said and Nikola smirked.

“At least she cares,” he said and I nodded my head, “I like her, she’s got a good head on her shoulders.”

“Yeah, I think mom and dad liked her too,” I said and he nodded his head, “Where’d they go?”

“Out somewhere, I don’t remember where.”

“Whatever,” I said and Nikola paused the movie and I looked at him. He looked around the room, leaning back and forth, almost as if he was looking for someone, “Something wrong?”

“Ok man, I didn’t want to say this in front of mom or dad, or even your girl,” he said and I looked at him confused.

“What’s up?”

“I don’t think you should go to the funeral tomorrow,” he said and I rolled my eyes, “I’m serious man, listen, something’s happened when you were in Boston.”

“What?”

“Look, Brittany’s been gone for over a year, she suddenly came back last month and she’s got this kid with her,” Nikola said and I shot my head over towards him and looked at him confused.

“What? She’s got a kid?”

“Yeah,” he said and sighed, “Bro, it’s her daughter, and she looks like you!”