Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

062

Chapter Sixty Two
January 19, 2012
“Are you guys ready for this?” Coach asked as he looked around the locker room and caught eyes with all of his players. We were smirking and nodding our heads, ready to win this game against the Rangers, “Brace,” I put my head back up after looking down, “Are you ready?”

“Born ready,” I spoke and heard the guys cheer and felt some pat my back.

Before I knew it, it was game time and I was skating around on the ice warming up. I could hear some of the Rangers making snarky comments, but I dealt with them last season, so I was use it. Chara came up next to me after I took a shot at the empty net and tapped my leg with his stick.

“Keep an eye on Del Zotto, he might try to cause a problem for you,” Chara said and I smirked and carefully looked over towards the Ranger’s half and saw that he was smirking over towards me.

“No problem,” I said, not feeling like arguing with my Captain about how I can handle myself.

Warm up was over and we were back in the locker room doing some last minute things and then listening to Coach give some advice. By the time it was time to head out onto the ice, I was bouncing with excitement, the guys laughed and Milan came up next to me and tapped his stick into my leg.

“You’re gunna do great,” he said and I smiled brightly and nodded my head.

Fourteen minutes into the first period, Milan had scored with Ference and Krejci assisting. The team was pumped and making sure to keep the Ranger’s constantly making mistakes.

-Milan-
“YES!!!” Alyssa cheered as she had just scored our third goal, eight minutes into the third period, with Bergeron and Boychuk assisting. I smiled towards her as she, Boychuk and Bergeron skated past the bench and pounded fists with us. Coach called for another shift and she nodded her head and was back out on the ice.

I felt someone nudge my arm and looked over to see that Nathan was smirking at me, “Not a Bruin my ass.”

I smiled brightly and nodded my head, “I know right.”

By the end of the period the Bruins beat the Rangers with the final score of three to one. Everyone was on such a high that none of us could stop smiling. As we headed back to our locker room, I saw Alyssa being pulled aside to have an interview and I chuckled because I knew that she hated to do that.

During our time in the locker room, the guys were talking about our first win. Coach was mentioning some things that we can change for next game, but overall, everyone was happy. Alyssa came back into the room and was attacked by Tuukka about making a goal on Lundqvist.

After we died down a little, everyone headed towards the locker room and did their business. I knew that Alyssa was waiting in her shower stall, so I made sure to hurry up getting situated before going back and getting her once everyone was dressed.

I walked towards her stall and knocked on the door, she opened the stall and smirked towards me and I saw that she was already dressed in an amazing dress. I smirked and watched as she pulled my tie and then reached up and pressed her lips onto mine. I smirked and placed my hands on her waist and then deepened the kiss.

“Mhmm, nice goal,” Alyssa smirked and I gave her a cheesy grin.

“You too,” I said and laid my hands on her lower back and tried to control myself from pushing her into the stall and ripping that dress off.

“Looch! Red! Come on!” I heard Brad call and then groaned and kissed Alyssa’s head.

“Come on,” I said and Alyssa nodded her head.

We walked into the locker room and Alyssa headed over towards her locker to finish getting changed.

“Boychuk! What are we doing for your birthday?!” I heard someone ask. I chuckled and shook my head as I watched as Alyssa’s face lit up with happiness after hearing that it was his birthday.

“It’s your birthday?! Why didn’t I know that?! Oh my god, happy birthday?!” she cooed as she skipped over towards him and engulfed him in a hug, “I love birthdays!”

I laughed as Boychuk’s face was bright red as his face was pushed into Alyssa’s chest and she hugged his head laughing.

“Careful AJ! You’ll give him a nosebleed!” I heard someone yell and then the room erupted in laughter.

Alyssa pulled back and smiled towards Boychuk and then walked over towards her locker and finished cleaning up. Everyone made plans to go to the club after the game and I was surprised that Alyssa wanted to go too, but I didn’t complain.

“Sheena, it’s your hubby’s birthday!” I heard Ference tease as Boychuk’s wife walked into the room with other wives and girlfriends following.

We were at the arena for at least another hour before we all left and headed into to the city towards the club that we usually went to. I drove up to the valet and Alyssa and I got out. I laced my fingers with hers and we walked into the club, making our way over towards the VIP section and meeting some of the other guys.

“Looch! AJ! You actually made it!” Krejci said as he walked over and smiled towards us.

-Alyssa-
“Come dance with me,” I breathed into Milan’s ear as I placed my hand in his and tried to pull him up, the word being ‘tried’.

“But I don’t want to,” he whined and I scoffed and tried to give him the puppy dog eyes, “No way, I hate dancing.”

“Oh you love it!” I said and I he smirked and rolled his eyes, “But Milan!”

“Later,” he said and I sighed but nodded my head.

“I’m holding you to that!” I laughed as I turned around and ran over towards Brad, “Marshy!” I practically jumped onto his shoulder.

“Whoa, AJ,” he laughed as he turned his head away from Ference and looked at me, “What’s up?”

“Come dance with me,” I said and Ference laughed.

“But I’m talkin’, Red,” he said and I groaned and playfully punched him, “Ow! What was that for?!”

“None of you are being fun!” I barked and then stuck my tongue out at him and then looked around the room to find that most of the other guys were talking to other players or they found some girls. I sighed and then decided to leave the VIP room to go to the bar and get a drink, ‘…I wish Tammy was here, she would dance with me…’

“What can I get you, Alyssa?” the bar tender asked as he looked at me, remembering me from when I came down before with Milan.

“Gin and tonic please,” I said and the guy nodded his head and started to whip up my drink.

“What’s a pretty girl like you doin’ at a bar by yourself?” I heard and turned my head to see a guy leaning on the counter smirking towards me.

“Just getting a drink,” I said and he took a step closer, “I’m not by myself either.”

“You are right now,” he said and I rolled my eyes and looked back at the bar tender and saw that my drink was ready, “I got it.”

“No, it’s all right,” I said and then threw down a twenty, “Thanks Alex!”

“No problem Alyssa,” the bartender said and I took my drink and turned away, “I’d stay away from her man, it’s only for your own safety,” I heard him say and smirked as I made my way through the crowd.

Just as I was about to head up the VIP steps, I felt a hand on my arm and I was swung around. I nearly fell over and had to grab onto the banister to keep my balance.

“So your name’s, Alyssa?” I heard and looked to see that it was the guy from the bar again.

“Yeah, now if you excuse me,” I glared, “I’m trying to get back to my friends.”

“Oh come on, come dance with me!” he said and I shook my head.

“I’m not in the mood,” I said and tried to pull away, but he grip only tightened, “Let go!”

“Come on, baby.”

“Don’t make me hurt you!” I growled and the guy laughed.

“Like that’ll happen,” he chuckled and pulled on my arm. I flew forward, ended up spilling my drink and banged into the guy’s chest.

I threw my free arm down on his, breaking his grip from my arm and took a step back, “Stay the fuck away from me!” I snapped and turned around to head back up the stairs when I felt his hand on my hip, “Let-“

“You touch her again and I’ll break your hands!” I heard and saw Tyler standing there with a death grip on the man’s wrist, “Get goin’ AJ.”

“Ty-“

“Get Looch, he might want to hear what this prick did,” Tyler said and I sighed and nodded my head, “I think you owe the lady a drink.”

“Let go you fuckin’ prick!” the guy growled as I turned around and headed up the stairs to the VIP room.

I found Milan and saw that he was talking to Chara. I made my way over towards him and placed my hand on his shoulder. He looked up towards me and saw that something was wrong and stood up, “What’s up?”

“Follow me,” I said and Milan nodded his head and laced his fingers with mine as I lead him out of the room and looked down the stairs. Tyler wasn’t there, but Rebecca was still there. She ran up the stairs and looked at us.

“Tyler took him out back,” she said and Milan looked at me and nodded his head.

“Stay here,” Milan said and was about to walk down the stairs when I pulled on his arm.

“Don’t do anything stupid, you don’t even know what’s going on.”