Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

065:

Chapter Sixty Five
“Come on ref! How was that legal?!” Bergeron yelled as I got up after being slammed into the boards by Menshikov.

‘…She’s fuckin’ stronger than I thought she would be…’ I thought as I shook my head a little and saw Nathan skating over towards me.

“You all right?” he asked worriedly and I nodded my head, “Good, because you just got slammed by a chick,” he laughed and I growled.

“Something’s up with her, she’s fuckin’ packin’ or something,” I barked and Nathan sighed and nodded his head. I looked over towards the bench and saw that Alyssa was looking at me, a worried look on her face. I nodded my head towards her and she seemed to relax and sit back a little.

“What?! Are you serious?!” Bergeron yelled as he just got a penalty for arguing with the ref.

“She gets away with it because no one will hit a girl,” Chara said as he skated up between Nathan and I.

“You’re definitely right about that,” Nathan said and I growled and saw that Coach was calling a timeout.

It was the middle of the second period against the Leafs, the score was one to zero and we were winning. Kelly getting the goal, with Peverley and Alyssa assisting. During the timeout, Coach came up with a plan to hopefully get another goal. Some of the guys were busting me about getting hit by Menshikov.

Coach switched up the line and had Peverley, Kelly, Hamilton, Boychuk and Alyssa on the ice, he said one last thing to Alyssa, but I didn’t catch it. They headed out towards the ice and started the shift.

Kelly passed the puck to Alyssa, she was heading down the ice, Hamilton right behind her making sure that she was protected. I watched as Dougie skated ahead and pushed a Leaf out of the way so that Alyssa could shoot the puck towards the net. The puck was blocked but I stood up and watched as Alyssa was slammed into and then flew to the ground. She slid into the boards and all the guys were off the bench and leaning over the boards to make sure that she was getting up. Alyssa slowly got up, the refs skated over towards her and then Dougie helped her up and made sure she was all right.

Alyssa snapped up and skated over towards Menshikov, I knew that she was all right, but I hoped she didn’t do anything because I didn’t know if she could win that fight. The refs were pulling Alyssa back and Dougie, Peverley and Boychuk were around her as well. There was yelling going on, but were couldn’t understand what she was saying. I saw the anger on Alyssa’s face and looked towards Nathan to see that he had the same worried face as I did.

Nothing happened and Alyssa was pulled back towards the bench, some of the fans were booing because I guess they wanted to see a girl on girl fight. I watched as Alyssa climbed over the boards and sat on the bench, Coach asked if she was all right and she nodded her head and took her helmet off.

-Alyssa-
‘…Ok, this bitch is getting on my last nerve…’ I growled as I watched as Tyler just took a stick to the face and his lip was busted.

It was the beginning of the third period and the score was still one to zero, us still winning. I was on the bench waiting for Coach to put me on the ice. I was tapping my foot in anticipation of going onto the ice that I hadn’t even realized that I was annoying the guys with the nervous tick.

“Alyssa!” Bergeron said and slammed his hand on my knee, “Quit it!”

“Sorry,” I muttered and gripped my stick and watched as Menshikov almost scored a goal afraid shoving Brad over, “She’s pissing me off.”

“She’s a fuckin’ beast,” Ference said and we all nodded our heads.

‘…She’s got to be on some kind of steroid or something…’ I thought as I scoffed as Brad got a penalty for boarding Phill Kessel.

Once his penalty was finished, Coach switched up the shifts and put Bergeron, Thorton, Ference, McQuiad and myself on the ice. There was about five minutes left in the game and I planned on ending this by getting another goal. Thorton passed me the puck after stealing it from a Leaf. I didn’t have an opening, so I quickly passed it to Bergeron and watched as he skated down the ice, heading towards the Leafs net. We honestly thought that he was going to get another goal, but Menshikov came out of nowhere and tripped him. I glared towards her and skated over towards Bergeron and made sure he was all right.

“I swear to god, if she was a he, I’d kick his ass,” Thorton said and I scoffed.

“Finally,” Ference growled as he came over and watched as the refs finally called something on Menshikov.

She skated past us and smirked towards me, “What are you smirking at? This games over, we won,” I said and she looked back towards me.

“It’s not over yet,” she said and stopped to turn around, “I’ll be back to kick all of your asses and show the world that I’m better than you.”

“You’re nowhere near my level-“

“That’s right, I’m way past it,” she laughed and I growled.

“These guys might be afraid to punch you, but I’m not!” I growled and felt hands on my shoulders from my teammates telling me to shut up.

“Oh really?” Menshikov smirked and I moved closer.

“Yeah,” I glared and Ference came up to my side.

“Don’t do anything stupid-“

“Hush up!” Menshikov snapped, “She’s just pissy because I boarded her little boyfriend. Which he’s the only reason you are a Bruins-“

“Fuck you! I worked hard to get where I’m at!” I snapped and she smirked. The refs came over and tried to get her to go into the box for her penalty, but she just kept on bickering at me. She made a comment that I should have stuck to the Caps I snapped, “At least I’m not some freak who has to show off her steroid body skills!”

“I’ve never taken steroids!” she growled and I smirked.

“Yeah like I believe that!” I said and she took a swing towards me. I didn’t react fast enough and if it wasn’t for Ference standing next to me and prepare to pull me back a little, my face would be in a world of hurt, “That’s it!”

“Red don’t!” the guys yelled as I skated towards Menshikov, slammed my body into her stomach and tried to push her down.

I took a few side punches, I could hear the crowd cheering and the sound of sticks pounding against the boards. I was assuming that it was the Leafs, because when I got a glance, most of my team was on the ice. Menshikov was up and throwing some punches at me. I manage to dodge some, but a good portion hit, there was no doubt that this girl was really strong, but I was just as good.

She tried to grab my jersey and pull it over my head so that I wouldn’t be able to see, but the refs pulled her back, giving me enough time to adjust myself. I felt a ref grab the back of my jersey, but I pushed him off and went after her again. I tackled her to the ground and landed on top of her and just started throwing punches. When she started to pull my hair I threw a punch to her side and heard her grunt.

I was being pulled off of her and held back by four of my teammates. I knew I was bleeding from the cut above my eye, my lip was busted, my knuckles were busted, I had a cut above my nose and knew that I was going to have a black eye. But I was happy to say that Menshikov was going to look a lot worse.

“You did good, Red,” I heard Ference mutter to me and I was trying to catch my breath since I was coming down from my adrenaline high.

I glared at her as the refs and some of her teammates were pulling her off the ice. A ref came over towards me and told me that I was ejected from the game and I was all right with that. The crowd, which consist of mostly Leafs fans, since we were in Toronto, were surprisingly quiet, must be in shock that their newest star player lost the fight. However, the Bruin fans that were in the stands were screaming their butts off. I was escorted off the ice and felt teammates and staff patting my back as I headed towards the locker room, not worried about only having four minutes left in the game.

I changed out of my gear and sat on the bench in my underarmor and shorts. Doc came into the room and rushed over towards me, he smirked and then walked me to medical area next to the showers in the visitor’s locker room. The cut above my eye was still bleeding and needed to be treated, he was telling me that I had kicked her ass, something that was much needed to be done.
He cleaned me up and when he finished the team was already in the locker room awaiting the results on how I was going to be. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw that he had put a liquid bandaid on my cut above my eye and then the cut on my nose. My lip was cleaned up and then my knuckles were wrapped up. I looked at the ice pack in my hands and placed it over my right eye and hoped that the bruise wouldn’t be too bad.

I was alone in the room when I heard the door open and turned to see Milan standing there looking like he just rushed out of his gear. I gave a small smile and watched as he walked over towards me, “I’m all right,” he slammed his lips against mine and I flinched and pushed back a little because my lip hurt me, “Sorry, little tender,” I said and touched my once bleeding lip.

“Sorry,” he said and then and I nodded my head and felt him place his hand on my neck and then used the other one to move my hand that was holding the ice pack, “How is it?”

“It hurts,” I said and he snorted, “But I feel better.”

“Good I’m glad,” he laughed and then sighed, “I was so scared.”

“Why?” I asked confused and saw him look down.

“I thought she was going to seriously hurt you,” Milan said and I sighed and placed my hands on his chest and looked up towards him. Milan kissed my forehead and then leaned his head against mine.

There was a knock at the door and he pulled away to reveal Brad standing there smirking, “Did I interrupt something?”

“Shut up,” Milan growled and I giggled and then hopped off of the table.

“How ya doin’, Red?” Brad asked as I walked closer to him.

“I’m doing pretty well,” I said and he chuckled and moved out of the way so that I could walk into the locker room.

When I went through the doorway, the guys stood up and looked at me. Chara walked over towards me and placed his hand on my shoulder, “How are you feeling?”

I smiled brightly towards him and then looked towards my teammates and Coach, “I feel like a Bruin.”