Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

064:

Chapter Sixty Four
“I don’t ever want to lose like that ever again! Do you understand me?!” Coach growled as he looked at our sad faces in the locker room.

We had just lost a home game against the Sabres with the final score being seven to three. This was our seventh game in the season and things were going all right, we won five out of two. Winning against the Jets in a shootout, losing against the Rangers in overtime, beating the Islanders, beating the Devils and then winning against the Hurricanes. The Hurricanes game was a surprise because I forgot all about how Jordan Staal was traded and I wasn’t expecting to see him at the game, but he was expecting me.

Everyone showered and changed and as we were all cleaning up our areas and I was throwing my heels on, Coach came back into the room and called my name. I looked towards him and saw that he had a serious look on his face.

“Yeah?” I asked and he waved for me to come over to him.

“You might want to see this,” he said and I looked at him confused but nodded my head and walked across the locker room over towards where Coach was. We walked into the hallway and I saw a TV in the hallway with some of the staff crowding around.

“What’s going on?” Brad asked as he and some of the other guys followed me.

“These are the highlights to tonight’s Leafs and Caps game,” Coach said and then one of the staff members hit play on the frozen screen.

I felt some of the guys standing around me looking at the screen. The announcer was going over the game and showing how both teams scored in the first period, then the Caps in the second and then the Leads scored two goals in the third, winning the game. However, the reason why Coach was showing the video to me was because we were due to play the Leafs this Saturday, only two days away, and he wanted to know if I was mentally prepared to face this team. Especially since their newest teammate and second woman to be in the NHL has made herself a reputation for being pretty dirty.

Coach paused the screen after the NHL network showed clips of Veronika Menshikov’s roughness, “Are you ready for her?”

I looked at the screen and as it was paused on her face right after she just flipped Joel Ward over her back and he landed on the ice hard. Her facial expression was almost animalistic, in a way, it almost frightened me, ‘…I’m a Bruin. I made it to the Bruins. I can do it, I can beat her!...’

“AJ?” I heard and turned to see Brad looking at me worriedly, “Are you ready for Menshikov?”

“Without a doubt,” I stated, hoping that it sounded more confident than I really felt.

“Good, because there’s more to see,” Coach said and I nodded my head and he pressed play.

“Veronika! Veronika!” it was a reporter from Washington, he was asking for an interview. They talked about the game and what she thought that the Leafs needed to improve, “So you’re up against the Bruins this Saturday, a team with a fellow female player, Alyssa Brace. How do you feel about that?”

“I’m ready for the Bruins,” she said and then smirked, “Everyone always says that the Bruins are one of the strongest teams in the NHL, well I’m here to change that. And as for Alyssa Brace, she’s going down come Saturday, I’d like to see her try to beat me.”

‘…I’m dead…’ I thought as I stared at these girl’s eyes and saw that she was serious, ‘…She’s gunna try to kill me…’

“AJ?” I heard, but didn’t turn my head, still staring at the screen, “AJ?”

“Back up guys, I think she needs some air,” I heard and then felt a hand on my shoulder, “Red?”
‘…I need to be ready for this girl…’ I thought as I took a deep breath, ‘…I need to be ready, she’ll embarrass me in front of the whole world if I’m not…’

I snapped around and scanned through the crowd of guys behind me, until I laid eyes on the pair that I was looking for. I stormed passed everyone and grabbed onto the arm of the person who was going to help me, whether he liked it or not.

“AJ? Are you all right- Whoa! What are you doing?!” the guys asked as they watched as I unzipped the dress that I had on before and watched as it slid to the ground, not really caring as they saw my black satin bra and underwear.

“Turn around!” I heard Milan growl and then heard the doors close, “Alyssa, what are you doing?”

“Going back out onto the ice,” I said as I started to put my gear back on, “I need to be prepared for her, she’ll murder me if I’m not prepared for her. I’m getting better as a Bruin, but I’m not her good!”

“You’ll be fine, Alyssa,” he said and sat next to me. “You’re an amazing player and we’ll beat her.”

“I know we will, but I need to get this in,” I said and then stood up and looked towards the door, “Come on, Tuuk!”

Tuukka started to change into his gear as I finished up on mine and headed out of the locker room, walking past a lot of confused people. I headed out onto the ice and watched as one of the staff brought me a bag of pucks.

I was tired from the game, I knew that, and what’s worse was that we lost, but in order to win this game Saturday, I needed to get my game up. I heard blades on the ice and turned to see Tuukka skating over towards me.

“You ready?” he asked and I nodded my head, “Red, you’ll be ready for her.”

“Thanks,” I said and he smirked and nodded her head and then headed over towards the net.

I got a few shots out, Tuukka blocking them, just as I was about to try again, I heard blades on the ice and turned my head to see some of the guys coming out in their gear. I looked at them confused and watched as Chara and Milan skated over towards me.

“I guess we all can use a little help,” Milan said and I gave him a soft and then nodded my head.

“All right, let’s go!” Chara called and we all nodded our heads.

-Milan-
“Alyssa, how much longer did you stay?” I asked as I looked at my sore girlfriend.

“I don’t know, you left and then Tuuk left about an hour later, I think I left maybe an hour after him,” she groaned as she hobbled into my house, “I’m so tired.”

“Your muscles hurt?” I asked and she nodded her head, “Did you take an ice bath?” she shook her head and I sighed, “You should have taken an ice bath.”

“I don’t want to,” she pouted and I scoffed and headed over towards the kitchen and towards the fridge. I opened the freezer and saw the whole bucket of ice from the ice maker. I sighed because I knew that I was going to need more than that.

“I’ll be right back, stay here,” I said as I watched as Alyssa sat on my couch and turned the TV on. I grabbed my wallet and car keys and headed out the door. It was early in the morning, after three and I was heading to the local mini mart to grab a large bag of ice. Once that task was complete, I headed back to my place and found Alyssa past out on the couch. I sighed because I hated the fact that I needed to wake her up because she needed to ice her muscles before she was in pain.

I decided that I was going to get the bath ready and then come back downstairs and get her. I noticed when I was gone she had changed out of her dress and into some of my sweats and one of my t-shirts.

When the bath was ready for her, I headed downstairs and proceeded to wake Alyssa up, something that I found to be very difficult. It took a while, but once I had finally got her to be half way awake, I helped her up the stairs and to the bathroom. She took the shirt off to reveal a sports bra and then pulled down the sweats to reveal boy shorts underwear. I bit my lip and watched her over towards the tub and watched as she stuck a foot inside and nearly jumped out of her skin.

“What the fuck?!” she yelled and looked at me wide eyed.

“You need to lay in there for like five minutes to soak your sore muscles or they’re going to hurt,” I said and she growled and then gave out a little whimper as she stuck her foot into the water. She was squealing at how cold the water use as she started to place her other foot into the water, “You’re all right.”

“Shut up,” she snapped as she kept taking deep breaths as she bent down and started to place her body into the water, “Think warm thoughts, think warm thoughts, think warm thoughts!” I smirked as she was in the water and laid her head back against the tub. I saw that she was shivering, but that was to be expected when you’re lying in an ice bath, “Fuck this is cold!”

After Alyssa was in there long enough, I pulled her out of the tub and started to quickly wrap her in towels that I threw in the drier and then drained the cold water and started the separate shower with warm water. I looked at Alyssa and tried to keep my hands to myself. Once I saw that she was getting warm, I was about to turn away from the shower, but felt Alyssa’s hand on my arm. I sighed and then turned the water off and wrapped another towel around her. She leaned against me and laid her head on my shoulder and I wrapped my arms around her.

“I’m so tired,” she said and I smiled and kissed her forehead.

“Do you have enough energy to change out of these?” I asked and Alyssa sighed and nodded her head. I watched as she dropped the towel and pulled her sports bra over her head in front of me. I gulped as I saw her breasts bounce a little and noticed her harden nipples, ‘…Oh fuck Looch, hands to yourself…’

“Can you hand me that shirt?” Alyssa asked and I nodded my head and then handed her the Red Hot Chili Peppers shirt that I owned and then reached for the sweats. The shirt alone went to her mid thighs, I groaned though when she pulled down her wet underwear and walked out of the bathroom and into my room, heading towards the drawer where she normally kept her clothes.

“Do you want the sweats?” I asked and Alyssa shook her head and walked over towards the bed and jumped under the sheets, ‘…Remember, hands to yourself, she’s tired…’

I pulled my shirt over my head and tossed it and my jeans in the hamper in my bathroom and then walked over towards the bed. I chuckled when I saw that Alyssa was already lightly snoring, she was out like a light.

I got into the bed and laid on my back and stared at the ceiling. I guess Alyssa noticed that I was in the bed because she rolled over and cuddled up against me. I smiled and wrapped my arm around her and laid my head on top of hers. I kissed her forehead and then looked at the clock on the other side of the room and saw that it was almost four in the morning, it was definitely time to go to bed.