Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

007:

Chapter Seven
"Your wrist will be fine, just keep the brace on it and when we're in Buffalo, I'll look at it then," the trainer said and I nodded my head and rubbed my brace covered wrist, "You should be able to play on the 26th, but keep this on here just to be sure."

"All right, thanks," I smiled and he nodded his head, "Am I good?"

"Yeah?" he said and I hopped off of the table and we walked into the waiting room to see that Mike was staring at his phone angrily.

"What?"

"We lost in overtime," he said and I sighed and plopped down next to him and took the phone off of him to look at the stats.

"Damn," I muttered and then rubbed my face, '...How'd they do?...' I thought as I decided to see if the Bruins had won their game, they were playing against the Senators today, '...Shit...' I thought when I saw that they had won with the final score of five to two.

"When are you leaving for Boston?" Mike asked as I handed back his phone.

"Right after I see the guys," I said and then stood up and stretched, "Come on, let's head back to the hotel."

"Yes ma'am," Mike stood up and saluted me and I scoffed.

"You're a dork," I laughed and then grabbed his hand with my nonbraced wrist and headed out of the athlete's center.

"How's the wrist?" Mike asked as we walked over towards the rented car.

"It'll be fine, Doc wants it on there just in case, but he said it looks fine," I said and Mike sighed.

"So does that mean it isn't fine? You looked like you were in pain before," he said as he got into the driver's seat.

"I'm fine," I muttered as I hopped into the passenger's seat.

We drove back to the arena and saw that the guys were just finishing up getting dressed. I sighed when I saw how depressed they looked and then leaned against the wall. Alex was the first one to notice me, I nodded my head towards my Captain and then watched as he walked over.

"You all right?" he asked as he held up my wrist.

"I'll be fine, be back for the Buffalo game," I gave him a small smile.

"Good," he said and then patted my shoulder.

Coach lectured us about the game and then gave us a few pointers that he was just going to repeat at the Buffalo game. He told us to have a Merry Christmas and then walked out of the office.

"Well I gotta catch the flight with Coach so- Merry Christmas guys," Nick said as he stood up and threw his bag over his shoulder.

"Same to you," we said and then watched as he walked out of the room.

"Where are you going for Christmas, AJ?" Jay Beagle asked.

"To Boston," I smiled and the guys all looked at me.

"Friends or family?" Karl Alzner asked.

"Friends that are my family," I smiled and he nodded his head.

"Are they Bruins?" Mike asked and I snapped my head over towards him, that got the teams attention.

'...Shit, I didn't want them to know...' I thought and then sighed and smirked towards him, "And if they are?"

"Just asking," he said and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I grew up with Brad Marchand, I'm spending Christmas with him Lucic, Horton and Seguin," I said and the guys snorted, "Hey! You have your Christmas family and I have mine."

"Have a good Christmas with those 'Bruins'," Alex spat and I sighed and nodded my head, grabbing my bag and walking out of the room, I didn't want to hear about them talking bad about my friends.

When I got out of the arena, I walked over towards the rental car that i had gotten before the game and threw my bag into the backseat, digging through it for my GPS. I heard my name and went to stand up straight, but hit my head on top of the car while trying to stand.

"You all right?" I heard and then cursed, rubbing the top of my head.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I growled and then stood up and looked to see Mike standing there, "What are you doing?"

"I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas," he said and I gave him a soft smile and then closed the back door, throwing the GPS into the driver's seat.

"Are you going back to DC?" I asked and he nodded his head, "Why not home?"

"We have two days, it's not worth it," he said and I nodded my head, "Some of the guys and I are spending it together."

"Get some stripers dressed as elves and you'll have a party," I smirked and Mike snorted.

"Maybe," he smirked and then looked back over towards the arena to see some of the guys walking out and into the bus that was going to take them to the airport, "Don't worry about what they say about your Bruin-"

"Don't," I stated quickly and looked at the ground, "Don't pretend that you're happy about the fact that I'm friends with some Bruins."

"I could care less really," he said and I looked at him, "They're just scared that you're going to purposly screw up on the ice to let your friends win."

"Why?! Haven't I proven myself? When I'm on the ice, there's no one else," I growled and Mike sighed and nodded his head.

"I know that, they know that, it's just-"

"I don't care," I glared, "Let them believe what they want, I'm trying to screw my team over," I said as I turned to the car and was about to get in when I felt Mike grab my shoulder and pull me out. I was surprised when I felt him wrap his arms around my neck and I laid my head on his chest, '...He smells good...'

"Don't let them get to you like that," Mike said as he pressed his head on top of mine, "They do that to all of the people that were from other teams."

"I thought I had their trust," I muttered and then wrapped my arms around his waist.

"It'll take time," he said and I nodded my head and then pulled away, "Have a Merry Christmas, Alyssa."

"Thanks," I smiled and then reached up and pressed my lips to his ear, "Merry Christmas," I said and then kissed his cheek and then slid into the driver's seat and started the car.

-Mike-
'...Christ, why didn't you kiss her right there? She smelled so good!...' I thought as I watched as Alyssa drove off, on her way to Boston.

"Come on Mike! We're heading out!" I heard and then turned to see that Nick was hanging off of the bus.

I sighed and then walked over towards the bus and jumped on, seeing sly smirks on the guys faces, "What?"

"What was that about?" Alex smirked and I rolled my eyes, "You like her."

"You're delusional," I said and then plopped down next to him.

"You like her," he repeated and I shook my head, "Yes you do."

"Shut up."

"He totally does!"

"You like her!" they all repeated and I rubbed my face and then leaned back in my seat.

I growled listening to them keep telling me that I liked Alyssa and I was growing tired of it, "Fine! I like her! Happy!" the guys started to howl with laugher and I rolled my eyes and shook my head, "You guys are assholes."

"You like her! You want to kiss her! You want to fuck her-"

"Shut up, Carlson!" I growled and really wanted to punch him, but Captain would frown upon it.

"That was some hug, Green," Jason Chimera said from the seat behind me, "Why didn't you do anything about it?"

"Because I don't want things to be awkward," I said, not looking at it.

"You want us to find out if she likes you?"Marcus Johansson said and I snorted.

"What are we? In high school?" I laughed, "Leave her alone."

"You want to kiss her, you want to fuck her-"

"Carlson! I swear to God, I'll kill you!"