Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

008:

Chapter Eight
-Alyssa-
"Hmmm, what do you want?" I smirked against my pillow as I felt someone get into my bed, wrap their arms around my waist, and felt my back being pulled into a strong solid chest.

"To see my wifey," I heard against my neck and I tiredly smiled, eyes still closed, appeared on my face.

"Well your wifey missed you," I said as I turned my body and came face to face with a smirking Milan Lucic, "So do you always climb into girls' beds?"

"Only the gorgeous ones," he smirked and I laughed a little.

"What time is it?" I muttered as I got comfortable against Milan.

"Just after eleven," he said and I sighed and shook my head against his chest.

"I wanna sleep more, too early to get up," I said and Milan chuckled.

"What time did you get here?"

"Just after four in the morning," I muttered and heard Milan sigh.

"What happened to your wrist?" he asked and I felt him gently pick my wrist up and look at the brace on it.

"Was tripped on the ice by Kovalchuk and landed on it my wrist wrong yesterday," I said and he gave me a stern look.

"I'll kill 'em," Milan said and I smirked and then felt his arm wrap around my head and I laid my head on his bicep.

"Not right now, you're comfortable," I said and heard him chuckle, "I've missed you hubby."

-Brad-
"I thought he went in there to wake her up?! It's been an hour!" Tyler growled as he sat at the kitchen table.

"Calm down," Nathan smirked from the couch, he was playing videogames with me, "What time did she get it?"

"Well, I carried her ass upstairs around four thirty this morning," I said and heard Nathan sigh.

"She's probably fighting him to get up," Nathan said and I snorted.

"My guess is that she won since they're not out here."

"I'm gunna go check on them," Tyler said and I shrugged my shoulders, hearing him get up and leave.

"Hope they're clothed," Nathan muttered and I paused the game and looked at him, "What?"

"She's like a sister to me! Really?!"

"It's the truth," he shrugged his shoulders and I rolled my eyes, "Come on Marshy! You have to notice how close they've gotten-"

"You guys have to see this!" Tyler whispered loudly as he ran back into the room.

I gave Nathan a look before the two of us sighed, stood up and followed Tyler to the guest bedroom to see Alyssa and Milan all cuddled up together on the bed, '...Well there's something that I didn't see coming...'

"At least their clothed," Nathan said and Tyler snickered and grabbed his phone, "What are you doing?"

"Gotta bust 'em about this," Tyler said and I smirked and shook my head. He took a picture and then shoved the phone in his pocket and smirked towards us, "Now can we wake them?"

I smirked and then kicked off my shoes and ran towards the bed and jumped onto the two bodies. I laughed when Alyssa nearly jumped out of her skin and then yelled when Milan practically threw me off of the bed.

"What the hell, Looch?!" I groaned from the floor.

"Watch her wrist!" Milan growled and I popped my head up and looked at him confused. He sighed and then held up Alyssa's arm to see the brace on her wrist.

"What happened?" Tyler asked.

"No big deal, Kovalchuk just tripped me on the ice and I landed on my wrist wrong," she said and I blinked a few times, trying to process what she was saying.

"Kovalchuk? Kovalchuk? Where do I know-"

"The Devils," Nathan said and I looked up towards him and then back at Alyssa, "That's why you didn't finish the game."

"Yeah," she said sadly and I stood up and looked at her wrist.

"Does it hurt?" I asked and she shrugged her shoulders.

"A little," she said and I sighed and laid it back down, "What's the plan for today?"

"We have a little Christmas party at the arena, you're being welcomed," I said and Alyssa smiled at me.

"Do I need my skates?" she asked and I nodded my head, "Guess it's a good thing I brought them."

"Guess so," Milan smirked and I looked at him to see him staring at Alyssa.

-Alyssa-
"I never realized how big this place was," I said as I looked around in awe and I heard the guys laugh, "Sorry, I've never been here before."

"It's fine, I'll give you the tour later," Milan said and I smirked and nodded my head.

The boys led me towards the locker room where we saw some of the teammates already there with some of their families.

"Alyssa!" I smiled when I saw Tuukka Rask jump up from his bench and jog over towards me, pulling me into a hug, "Marshy didn't tell me that you were coming."

"Guess I was a big surprise," I giggled and he smirked towards me.

"That's right, I forgot to put this on her," Brad said and I felt something being placed on my head.

"Perfect!" Tuukka smiled and I laughed, feeling the bow on my head.

More and more players came up to me, some happy to see me, some pretending to be happy to see me. I sat in-between Milan and Brad on the bench and laced up my skates. I smiled when I saw little kids running around and then watched as Nathan jumped up and walked over towards his wife and son.

Once everyone was ready, we skated out onto the ice and I felt Brad come up next to me and wrap his arm around my shoulder, "Welcome to the Garden!"

"And what does that make you? Adam or Eve?" I smirked and the guys around me snickered.

"Shut up," Brad barked and I laughed and then hung onto his shoulder.

"You just make it too easy for me, Marshy!" I laughed and he rolled his eyes.

After a while of skating around, some of the guys suggested a friendly game of hockey. I rolled my eyes, figuring that this was going to happen, and I laughed when I saw that Brad had brought my hockey bag with all of my gear in it.

"Something tells me that this is more than a friendly game," I said as Zdeno Chara walked passed me looking serious.

"Why would you say that?" he asked and I looked up and smirked.

"Just a feeling," I smirked and then stood up, "I think that you guys want to see what I'm really capable of."

"You clever," he said and I smirked and shrugged my shoulders.

"I'm just that good."

"We'll go easy on you."

"Just don't eat me," I said and he chuckled and patted my helmet.

When we got back onto the ice, the boys were already in their gear, and I felt a little off since I was wearing a Capitals jersey, '...At least you won't have to struggle to find me...'

Rask and Khudobin were in the nets, some of the guys were wearing their away jerseys while some wore their home.

"Brace," Zdeno said and looked at me, "You're on the away team," he said, pointing towards the opposite team of his.

"Just don't eat me," I reminded and he smirked and nodded his head.

Dennis Seidenberg and Andrew Ference skated over towards me and smirked, "We're your defensemen."

"Make sure he doesn't eat me," I said, pointing towards their Captain and hearing them snicker.

"I'm not gunna eat you!" Zdeno said and the guys laughed.

"Bull, just because I'm wearing red, doesn't mean you attack!" I yelled and he rolled his eyes and I looked around at the whole team on the ice, '...Jesus, these guys could like kill me...'

Milan and Patrice Bergeron skated towards me as well saying that they were left wing and centerman. I nodded my head and looked at the players wearing the home jerseys, '...This is gunna be interesting...'