Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

074:

Chapter Seventy Four
“All right, good job team!” Coach said happily as he walked into the locker room and smiled, he was happy that we had won the game against Ottawa, “Now if we play the way we did tonight throughout the playoffs, we’ll make it all the way to the end.”

“We got this, Coach,” I said and Coach looked at me and nodded his head.

“I believe that you all do,” he smirked and then held up his board and started to explain to us how tonight was going to go and how the fans were going to get our jerseys. We were going to be all announced in numeric order, and with me being number sixty, I was close to the end, one before Brad.

We all showed and changed and I changed into my skinny jeans and Chuck Taylors, I threw the t-shirt that we were all given to wear and I was happy that they had given the girl version of what the guys were wearing. Our jerseys were given back to us after the staff sprayed a shit ton of air freshener on them to make them smell decent.

All of us headed back towards the bench and crowded in to watch the film that Communications had set up for the fans to see about us. They were in the middle of seeing plays and fights with the background music being Radioactive by Imagine Dragons. I liked the song and couldn’t help myself, my hips were going a little bit and my head was bobbing. I felt someone hip bump me and turned to me side to see Brad smirking and bouncing his shoulders.

“You’re a dork,” I laughed as I bumped him back. I heard the fans cheering and looked back on the screen to see that they were playing the fight with Veronika Menshikov from Toronto. I smirked and shook my head and felt some of my teammates tap my back. I watched what happened and remembered when it happened.

“So Alyssa, how do you feel after that fight?” the reporter asked as she sat next to me in the stall and held the mic to my face.

“I feel like a Bruin.”


The fans cheered and I laughed as the song ended and another began, there was more to this little film. Don’t Stop the Party from Pitbull came on and the guys laughed because they knew that this was my favorite song. So yes, I started dancing on the bench in front of thousands of people watching me. I was laughing though and happy I wasn’t alone because Tyler and Brad were dancing with me, even Dougie came over, well because I may or may not have drug him over. I looked over towards Nathan and Milan to see them laughing and shaking their heads. Coach had his face covered, but I could tell he was smirking, I was debating on whether to pull him over here too.

I looked at the screen to see that funny clips or bloopers from the season, I laughed when they were showing a clip of when some of the guys were pulling a prank on Coach, next was when we were coming onto the ice for practice and Tuukka fell while getting on, creating a domino affect and making some of us behind him fall.

By the end of the film was over I saw the big door where the Zambonis come out were opened and there were some fans lined up, the fans that were going to win our jerseys. Carpets were placed on the ice for us and the fans and the announcer walked on and started to say stuff to the fans. I sighed because I knew that I was going to be waiting a while and decided to hop over the board and onto the ice. I held onto the wall and pushed up so that I was sitting on the wall.

The first player was called, “Number six, Wade Redden.”

Milan was fourth, I smiled when he had an old man and I thought it was cute that Milan was helping him hold the jersey. I looked over towards the ice and saw my sister and dad still standing there, they were smiling. Nathan was next, he had an older woman, he was sweet with him. Tyler was after that and I laughed how he got a teenage girl and she wanted to hug him and never let him go. It went on and on, Ference, Thornton, Kelly, Hamilton, Chara, Soderberg, Khudobin, Bergeron, Caron, Rask, Batkowski, Seidenberg, Johnson, Krejci, Krug, Bourque, Peverley, Spooner, McQuaid, Boychuk.

When Johnny started to head back, I knew that I was next and I was super excited to see that I had a little girl, she may have been nine or ten. I walked onto the carpet and half way down, of course, would only happen to me, I start to slip, in front of everyone. Luckily I caught myself and held my arms out to make sure that I had my balance. I gave everyone a thumbs up that I was all right and laughed and shook my head.

“You all right Alyssa?” the announcer asked and I laughed and shook my head.

“That would happen to me,” I laughed and then looked towards the little girl, smiled and bent down, “Wow, you are so cute?! How are you?”

“I was hoping to get you,” the little girl said and I laughed and hugged her, “I’m Emma.”

“You’re adorable, that’s what you are!” I smiled and the little girl blushed. I took my jersey off and bent back down next to her, she held one hand and I held the other as we posed for the camera and smiled brightly. I stood up and took the little girls hand, they had a table off to the side for us to sign the jerseys for the fans. I walked her over there and signed the jersey and bent down, “It was very nice to meet you, Emma,” I said and she smiled and nodded her head and placed her hand in mine so that I could shake it, “You’re too cute.”

I stood up and watched as the little girl’s mom walked over and took her daughter away, Brad was already on the ice with his fan, who looked to be a muscular teenage boy. I waited for Brad and the two of us walked back over towards the bench, I decided to have some fun and jump on his back. Brad laughed and carried me back to the bench where some of the fans were laughing and recording it and Coach was just shaking his head.

“Coach, I’m the life of the party!” I said and Coach laughed.

“Whatever helps you sleep at night,” he said and I smirked.

Brad and I headed back towards the locker room where most of the team was waiting. As we walked into the room, I froze and looked to see an angry Milan and other angry teammates.

“What’s going on?” Brad asked as he walked in before me.

“Red! Watch out!” I heard and turned my head only to feel myself tackled to the ground and then I started to be drug by the back of my shirt.

I growled and then leaned back and pushed myself off of the ground and kicked the person that was dragging me. I was let go and flipped back onto my feet and ran towards my teammates, whipping myself around and seeing that it was the man from Brad’s apartment claiming to be my ‘dad’, he had somehow found his way to me.

“Fuckin’ creep was in here when we got back,” McQuaid growled as he stepped forward and cracked his knuckles.

“He’s a giant?” someone yelled and I sighed and nodded my head.

He ran into the locker room and I felt arms around my waist and I was pulled back and thrown behind four of my teammates. I saw that the arms were Milan’s and he was in front of Nathan, Shawn and Tyler. He was about to say something, but he just started to shake and fell to the ground, that’s when I saw that he was shot by a Taser gun by some security guards. I breathed a sigh of relief as the guards came over and handcuffed the man.

‘…Why does he keep showing up? Why does my Mom keep trying to ruin my life?...’ I thought as I took a step forward and placed my hand on Tyler’s back. He looked back towards me and wrapped his arm around me and hugged me.

“It’s all right, Red,” Tyler said and I nodded my head and watched as the guards took the man away, apologizing for letting him go to begin with.

Milan walked over towards me, cupping my face and asked if I was all right. I nodded my head and then
placed my hand on my shoulder because it was a little sour from when I was tackled, “Probably should have Doc look at that.”

“I will, I’ll be all right,” I said and Milan nodded his head and then kissed my head.

Coach walked back and looked at us confused, “What did I miss?”

“A lot,” someone said and I snorted and walked over towards my locker.

“I’m gunna head home,” I said as I started to grab my things.

-Milan-
“Are you all right?” I asked as Alyssa walked over towards her bed and sighed, “Alyssa?”

“I’m all right,” she said and I watched as she tore off her shirt and started to unbutton her jeans. I walked over towards her, placed my hands on her hips and turned her around. She looked so sad, I placed my fingers under her chin and pulled her face up to look at me, “Why does she keep interfering with my life?”

“I don’t know, but there are ways to make sure that she doesn’t,” I said and she looked at me and sighed, “Hey,” I said and then cupper her face and looked at her, “I love you.”

She gave me a little smile and placed her hands on my chest, I ran my hands down her arms to her waist and pushed her body into mine and then pressed my lips onto hers. Everything after that happened so fast, our clothes were going everywhere and we were on her bed. I was on top of Alyssa, her legs were wrapped around my waist, my hands were pinning her wrists down as I entered her and listened to the moans and groans.

Alyssa and I haven’t really been together like this for a while since all of the back to back practices and games, but with the small break that we’ve been given until the play offs, we were taking this opportunity to have time for ourselves.

Once Alyssa and I both finished, I collapsed next to Alyssa and then smiled when she snuggled into my side. I wrapped my arm around her and then watched as she pulled the sheet up and then laid her hand on my chest and wrapped her legs with mine.

Alyssa kissed my shoulder and I smiled towards her kissed her head, “What are you thinking about?”

“Nothing.”

“You sure?” I asked and Alyssa sighed.

“Who do you think that we’re going to play first in the playoffs?” she asked and I shrugged my shoulders, “Do you think that we’re going to make it?”

“To the end?” I asked and she nodded her head.

“I don’t know,” I said and she giggled, “What?”

“Aren’t you suppose to say something like ‘hell yeah’ or something?” she asked and I chuckled.

“I mean I’m hopeful, but I don’t want to get cocky,” I said and she smirked and then leaned up to press her lips onto mine.

“I love you,” she said and then got comfortable, “And just so you know, we’re totally gunna win.”

I chuckled and then kissed her head and got comfortable as well, “I love you too.”