Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

073:

Chapter Seventy Three
We all cursed as we skated off of the ice losing against the Flyers with the final score being five to two. We were getting too cocky and allowing teams that we normally win against to beat us. Milan and Tyler were taking the heat of it, Coach and ESPN were constantly on their ass for them to step up and be better. I could tell that Milan was getting close to cracking.

Over a month had passed since we played the Penguins, we ended up losing against them, that’s where the cockiness begun. There were three more games left in the regular season and so far we were playing well enough to have a spot in the playoffs, but if we lost the next three games, that spot would be gone.

All of the guys were quiet while we sat in the locker room and slowly took our gear off. We were going to shower, change and then head onto the bus so that we could head to the airport and go back to Boston.

We played Tampa Bay at home on Thursday and then an away game against Washington on Saturday and then our final game was a home game against Ottawa the next day.

It was early in the morning when we got back to Boston, as we walked to our cars, Coach announced that we were going to have practice that afternoon and he demanded that we go home and sleep. I sighed and climbed into my car and watched as Milan climb into the passenger seat. We headed back to my place and lazily drug out bags into the condo, left them at the door and headed to bed.

I watched as Milan depressingly started to unbutton his shirt. I sighed and walked over towards him and pressed my lips against his. I kissed his neck and then laid my head on his shoulder and laid my hands on his chest, “You’re playing your hardest, don’t worry about the others.”

“I haven’t gotten any points in almost three weeks,” he said and I sighed and started to unbutton his shirt and cupped his face and pressed my lips against his.

“It’s going to be all right, you’re going to do better in the playoffs,” I smiled and Milan sighed and nodded his head.

“You’re too good to me,” he said and I giggled and kissed his cheek.

“That’s because I love you,” I said and then turned around and started to pull my skirt down and change into my pajamas.

After getting about ten hours of sleep, my alarm went off and I looked to see that it was one in the afternoon, practice was in three hours. I sighed and then pushed myself up because I was lying on my stomach, I looked to see that Milan was still sleeping and smiled because he had been so tired.

I got out of the bed and walked over towards the bathroom, deciding that I was going to take a bath before I was going to work my body to the bone to prepare us for the next three games. I changed into my bathrobe and left the bathroom, waiting for the water in the big and deep tub to fill up. I walked back into the bedroom and saw that Milan was sitting on the side of the bed stretching and yawning.

“Hey, how do you feel?”

“All right,” he said and then turned towards me and smirked at seeing me in my tight high robe, “What’s the occasion?”

“Stop,” I giggled and walked over towards him and stood in-between his legs, my hands running through his hair and moving them to his shoulders.

“I’m liking this,” he chuckled as he pulled at the ties and then watched as my robe went opened, “You’re beautiful, Alyssa.”

I smiled towards him and then leaned down and kissed his forehead, “Join me in a bath?”

“We have practice later-“

“Just to lay in the bath,” I said and Milan chuckled.

“All right,” he said and the stood up and we walked over towards the bathroom and I saw that the tub was half full. Milan stripped down and then stepped into the tub and laid down. I smirked and then removed the robe and giggled when I heard Milan whistle when the robe started to fall from my body. I climbed into the tub and laid my back against Milan’s chest and sat in-between his legs.

We laid in the tub for a while, I think Milan started to fall asleep, I know I definitely was. We finally got out of the water and started to get ready so that we could head to practice.

-Milan-
We won against Tampa Bay with the final score being two to zero, I managed to assist one of Alyssa’s goals, which made me feel better because I hadn’t been doing well lately. We had a game against the Capitals and lost in overtime, which put a lot of pressure on us because if we lost the next game then we didn’t make it into the playoffs.

We were all in the locker room, it was quiet because we were all thinking, this was the last game in the regular season and we were up against the Senators. I looked over towards Alyssa to see that she was in the corner of the locker room doing her pregame ritual, she always jump roped for ten minutes while listening to AC/DC, she said it always got her pumped up. Although, I had no room to judge, everyone had their superstitious pregame rituals.

Coach walked in and told us that we had a full crowd out there, he reminded us that after the game, win or lose, some of the fans were going to win the jerseys off of our back. Alyssa finished her ritual and walked over towards the bench and started to apply her gear, working from her feet up.

When everyone was ready, we headed out to the ice for the warm up, I watched as the fans cheered when they saw us. We all started to skate around the ice taking shots at the empty net, and then Tuukka went into the net and we started to take shots at him. I looked to the side and saw that Alyssa was by the glass smiling and waving towards someone, I looked and saw that her dad and sister were sitting against the glass, I smiled.

By the end of the warm up the guys were all talking about all the signs that they saw that were dedicated to all of us. I was listening to Brad telling Alyssa about the marriage proposal from one of the fans when Coach walked in and sighed, ‘…Something’s up…’

“Red,” Coach called and everyone was quiet and looked towards Alyssa, “Someone’s here to see you.”

“Who?” she asked confused.

“Security has them, but they’re demanding to see you, says that he’s your father,” Coach said and I saw Alyssa looking over towards me.

“Hold on,” she muttered and then stood up and headed for the door. I followed her and saw that she was heading back towards the ice. She looked against the glass, “My dad’s right there,” she said and turned around and I looked to my side to see Coach next to me, “Whoever it is, it’s not my dad.”

“All right, I’ll have security handle it,” he said and Alyssa nodded her head and looked at me. We headed back into the hall because where we were standing fans could see us and they were cheering for us.

“It’s probably the guy from the other day,” I said and Alyssa nodded her head and we walked into the locker room.

“What’s going on, Red?” Tyler asked and Alyssa growled and went back to her locker.

“My mom has to be here,” she muttered and Tyler sighed.

“Big guy’s here?”

“Probably.”

“All right, send Thornton in, I don’t feel like getting my ass kicked again,” Tyler said and Alyssa smirked and patted his shoulder.

“I’m confused,” Shawn said and Alyssa laughed and shook her head.

“No need to worry about it.”

Coach came back in, said a few things, announced who was going to be starting, we said a prayer and then it was time to head out onto the ice for possibly, hopefully not, the last time this season, ‘…I’m not going down without a fight…’

-Alyssa-
“Go Red, GO!!!”

I skated down the ice with the puck, Senators were on my tail and I had no defense because we were down two players. The score was tied three to three and there were only two minutes left in the third period. Boston and Ottawa were getting desperate for some kind of goal so things were getting rough.
Brad, Milan and I were the only ones on the ice and they were currently held up trying to get to me. I felt a stick by my foot and knew they were going to try and trip me. I shot the puck towards the net and felt the jerk back.

I tumbled to the ice and heard the buzzard going off. I picked my head up and saw fans on their feet cheering, “It went in?” I asked shocked as I pushed myself to my feet only to be tackled back down by my happy teammates.

“You did it, Red! You did it!” Chara yelled and I laughed and then felt myself being pulled up and patted on my back by my teammates.

The score was four to three, Boston was in the lead. I looked at the clock and saw that there was only a little more than a minute left in the game, we had that much time to hold Ottawa back from getting a goal. It was announced that I received a goal with no assists. I pounded fists with my teammates who stayed on the bench and then jumped over the wall and plopped next to Nathan.

“Nice one, Red,” he said and I smiled and nodded my head.

“Great job, Red!” Coach said as he patted my shoulder and I smiled brightly.

“Question,” I said and Nathan looked at me, “How did it go in?”

“Look,” Nathan said and I looked at the screen to see them replaying it.

“I still don’t believe it,” I laughed and Nathan chuckled and shrugged his shoulders.

When I had shot the puck, the goalie got himself ready to catch it, but the puck hit him in the shoulder, bounced in the air, the goalie struggled to catch it, missed and let it fall into the net. I wasn’t complaining because it was a goal, I was just amazed that it was a goal.

“We’ve got this!”