Status: In Progress

My Arms are Always Open for You

Planning a Jailbreak

I woke up in a room that was so full of light that I had to squint. I heard the crying of a child next to me and I tried to sit up to look.
I noticed I was tied to a bed from the neck down. The little girl sniffed and spoke, “Don’t move Ms. Katniss, they’ll make you scream again.” She squeaked.
Scream? The Peacekeeper at my door! Oh god, Peeta. I left Peeta upstairs!
“Hey, can you tell me what happened?” I asked the little girl. She stood so I could see her face.
“Thread has set your public session in the Hob.” She sniffs. “It’s a torture session Ms. Katniss!” She cries.
“D-Don’t cry. Its okay.” The little girl looked up with tearful eyes.
She has dirty blonde hair and light gray eyes, almost with a blue hue to them. She hugged me, I wanted to hug her back but I couldn’t.
“I know Mr. Peeta is going to come for you.” She said. I gulped back tears.
“Me too.” I answered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peeta rushed down the stairs after 15 minutes of no return. He noticed Katniss’ door standing wide open and her bow was left on the floor.
She never leaves her bow when she goes out.
Peeta’s eyes darted back and fourth as his thoughts rambled together. He then noticed a woman rushing toward him in a dirty cloth dress with a dusty apron.
“Mr. Mellark! Katniss was taken by Thread and his Peacekeepers! They plan to publically torture her in the Hob at two!” She said frantically.
“No. No. No.” Peeta bolted for Haymitch’s home.
He knocked but knew that he wouldn’t answer it. He busted it open and Haymitch sat drinking another shot of liquor.
“Care to join me?”
“No! Katniss has been arrested by Thread!” Peeta yelled. His jaw clenched as he slammed the glass bottle out of his hand.
“What?” Haymitch asked.
“Katniss was taken. Her session is at two, I’m not letting them torture her. I carry weight in this District, and I’m getting her out before things get out of hand!” Peeta exclaimed.
“So go on! Defy the Peacekeepers! What are you telling me for?” Haymitch blurted.
“You’re going to help me!” Peeta pushed Haymitch’s shoulders forward, coaxing him to stand.
Haymitch turned and stared at him. His breath full of alcohol. “No, you’re a big boy, go on and do it yourself. Leave me be.” He stammered to a cabinet with more liquor.
“Haymitch!” Peeta yelled.
“No Peeta! That’s it, goodbye!” Haymitch flopped in a chair.
“So you won’t mind me paying off Ripper so she’ll stop selling you alcohol again then?” Haymitch stood again, after her regained focus on Peeta he scowled.
“No I’ll mind. Don’t think I won’t kill you kid.” Peeta took away the bottle, and pulled on his arm.
“Let’s go then!” Peeta ran out and got to the Hob.
Many other people had already gathered there. Katniss’ display wasn’t for another hour, which meant these people must have really not liked her. Peeta felt sick at the thought of Katniss being whipped by those men.
He noticed a Peacekeeper and ran to him. He grabbed his shirt and in a harsh whisper spoke, “Give me the cell number to Katniss Everdeen or I will kill you.”
The Peacekeeper reached for a button, but Peeta caught his hand.
“Now. Or else.” Peeta said.
“56, number 56, p-please let me go.” Peeta threw him to Haymitch and Haymitch knocked him out with his head.
“Go on, I’ll keep things quiet here.” Haymitch said dragging the unconscious man to a nearby tree to make it look like he had fallen asleep on the job.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second Chapter's up!