Status: In Progress

My Arms are Always Open for You

Breaking Loose

Peeta jogged into the cell and he looked for the number 56. Katniss was not getting tortured publicly. He wasn’t going to see her the way that Gale had been. Peeta heard yelling and screaming from some women that we calling at him to get them out. It pained him to ignore them, but Katniss was his priority.
He reached the number 56 and then kicked the door with his prosthetic leg.
“Katniss!” He yelled.
“Peeta!” I yelled back. “Peeta I'm tied up! Get us out!” Peeta's eyebrow raised in question.
“Us?” He asked as he looked around for a knife.
I sighed and looked at the little girl whose face was now lit up at the sound of Peeta's voice. “Yeah, there's a little girl in here. I want her out with me!” I answered.
“I'm coming in!” He kicked down the door with a small knife in hand.
His blonde hair was all ruffled and still messy from his sleep. His brown shirt had stains of flour on it. He sawed at the ropes and slowly I felt my hands and feet loosen.
The little girl seemed to stare starstruck at Peeta. Someone must have really liked him during the Games. Too bad Peeta didn't notice because he was so busy with me. The little girl saw me smiling at her and then looked away blushing.
“Its alright, kiddo.” I said. “You can like him, I'll make an exception for you.” Peeta looked up at me and then followed my gaze to the girl.
“Is this the one that needs out?” He asked.
“Yeah, we can get her out once you free me.” Just as I said that the ropes fell off and Peeta helped me up.
I walked over to the girl and picked her up. I thought she might like it better if Peeta held her so I passed her over.
“I'll move faster without her. So you hold her.” Peeta took her and she latched to him.
“Alright let's go.” I rushed out of the cell area and ran down the hall.
We made it down the stone hallway and to a large metal door. I pushed it open and it revealed the woods of District 12. I sighed.
“Now we have to get past the electric fences.” Peeta sighed.
“Ms. Katniss?” The girl spoke.
“Yes, kid?” I turned.
“Is my daddy still in the mines?” She asked.
“Who is your daddy? Who are you for a matter of fact?” I ask.
“Rony, my daddy worked in the mines before I left.” He had to be alive but if she was Rony, her father was a friend of my Dad's before he died.
“He should be fine, we'll get you to him.” I answered.
I grabbed Peeta's hand and led him through the woods with Rony. We didn't move all that quietly but we moved rather quickly. We made it to the electric fences and luckily they were off. Thread must have not been looking for me then.
I slipped Rony through first and then I went, because Peeta wouldn't let me go last. After he slipped through I grabbed his hand. He grabbed Rony with his other hand and we walked quickly to Victor village.
“Wait, I should go check on Haymitch. I left him in the Hob with a Peacekeeper.” Peeta released my hand.
“Peeta!” I called, he turned back to me.
“What? I'll be right back I promise.” He kissed my cheek and he left.
I took Rony to my home and started a bath for her. I wanted her to look nice so she could return to her dad all clean. I gave her some of Prim's clothes and she looked rather nice, actually.
“Alright, let's go have some of Peeta's cheese buns while we wait for your dad to come get you.” She smiled and we walked downstairs. I sat her on the sofa and gave her a bun. She ate it and about 5 minutes after we were done Peeta and Haymitch returned with Rony's dad.
“Daddy!” Rony called and attacked him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 3 is up guys!