For I am Silent

Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall...

*Frank’s POV*

It was just a game, I swear. My two friends that I’d known forever, Trey and Shawn, actually dared me to do it with them. You know me, I can’t say no to a dare. So there I was, on a Sunday night, standing with my friends in front of a mirror. The idea of this “game” was to say the devil’s name three times—like Bloody Mary, only more kickass apparently. Anyway, after you did it rumor has it that you see some weird kind of shit reflecting in the mirror. Crazy, right? Yeah, but I figured I humor them seeing as the rest of My Chemical Romance were out doing god knows what that night.

“Okay, ready?” Trey smirked, flicking off the light.

“Ooo, spooky! Come on, Frank, get in the mood!” Shawn cackled, gesturing at the mirror.

“Just get it over with, I’ve got to get up early for rehearsal because you know, I’ve actually got a JOB,” I huffed, tapping my fingers against my jeans.

“Aw, check out Mr. Sourpuss,” Trey laughed, his face barely visible in the dark room.

“Haha and now, for the single lit candle!” Shawn said dramatically, lighting the candle in front of the mirror.

“And with that, you’ve officially made this ten times cornier,” I laughed as we stood facing the mirror.

“Okay, on three,” Trey whispered, an odd note in his voice.

“One,” Shawn murmured, shifting uncomfortably.

“Two,” Trey followed, sweat beading on his forehead.

“Three,” I said, staring at the mirror and feeling like an idiot.

I’d like to say something scary happened after we said the devil’s name, but honestly…it didn’t. I know I sound like a prick, but of all the things I ended up doing—I ended up doing a “Bloody Mary” rip off. What am I? Ten? I looked at Trey and Shawn, both had their mouths hanging open as they stared at the mirror intently. What were they narcissistic or did they “see” something? Turning my head, I gazed hard into the mirror. The candle actually made the whole thing creepier in the dark…wait—what was that?

“Guys, tell me you see that,” I croaked, leaning away slightly.

“Mm, yeah…” Trey whimpered, shaking visibly.

“Oh god,” Shawn wheezed, now rocking back and forth.

What was it that all three of us saw? Even I couldn’t describe it for fear my description would lessen the “WTF!?” factor. But what I can tell you…think of the worst possible thing, mix it with the worst nightmare you’ve ever had, and then add a dash of fire.

“Um, guys I—,” I gasped, taking a step towards the door.

“RUN!!” Trey screamed, body slamming the door before opening it and running out into the dark.

“Oh fuck…oh shit,” Shawn cried, streaking out the door after Trey’s fleeting form.

“I…ugh…” I choked, smacking the candle off the table, extinguishing it, as I ran after them.

We didn’t stop running until five blocks later. Nobody was laughing, nobody was joking. Nobody said ANYTHING. To the observer it was three guys bent over and panting from a hard run. All of us looked at one another; Trey was the first to say anything.

“You guys saw that right!? I mean, I’m not crazy am I!? GOD, I think I’ve gone insane!” Trey screamed, beating the cement wall of a nearby building.

“No…you’re not insane because if you are, I think I’d blow my brains out…” Shawn said tonelessly.

“Frank!? What about you!? Are you okay!?” Trey yelled, twitching furiously.

“I…ugh…” I attempted before shaking my head, it seemed stupid to say anything.

“You idiot...now we’re really screwed. Why the hell did you make us do that damn game?” Shawn said blankly.

“Me!? I didn’t think it’d work!” Trey hollered, itching his arms.

“Home…going home…” I grunted, words failing me again.

“Yeah, me too…lots of things to do…” Shawn said cryptically.

“Yeah, Yeah!! Maybe this INSANITY I’m feeling will go away!!

--The Next Day—

I don’t really remember how I got here, only that Gerard was making an irritating noise on my bunk. He said something about “getting my ass out of bed and into the rehearsal studio pronto”. I grunted as he left the room, rolling onto the floor and just laying there for two seconds. Last night was still fresh in my mind, rubbing my eyes lightly I became aware that I couldn’t speak. Shit. ‘Well, at least I’m not the vocalist.’ I thought numbly as I peered into the mirror slowly, taking in my pale and disheveled face. Shrugging, I grabbed some clothes that smelled fresh and threw them on—exiting the room quickly; now aware I now hated mirrors with a passion.

The rest of the band was in the studio, getting ready for rehearsals. We had a concert tonight. Perfect. I feel like shit, but that coffee in Gerard’s hand looks tempting. Gerard must’ve noticed me eyeing his coffee hungrily and handed it to me with a grin.

“Here Frankie, you look dead on your feet. After this we’ll go to some all you can eat breakfast buffet, okay?” Gerard smiled, watching as I nodded in thanks and went to my guitar.

“Um, Frank? You alright?” Mikey said when Frank remained silent.

“Good…” I grunted, picking up the guitar and staring at the ground waiting for the start of the song.

“Sure…” Gerard sighed, a worried look flashed across his face briefly as the song began.

We practiced for two hours before calling a “breakfast interlude”. I noticed Gerard come up next to me, hesitating before saying anything.

“So…rough night?” Gerard started as we went into a store for food.

“Mm,” I mumbled, grabbing some Rice Crispies Bars.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Gerard said cautiously, fully aware that I hated his “therapist” voice.

“No…” I grunted as we paid and left the store to go back to the rehearsal room.

I watched from a corner, nibbling on my Rice Crispies Bar. Everyone was laughing and joking around, I caught Gerard looking my way a couple of times…otherwise, I was left to my own devices. That is until my phone rang.

“Hm…?” I mumbled into the phone.

“FRANK!? OH MY GOD, IT’S TERRIBLE!! SHAWN’S DEAD!!! LAST NIGHT THEY THINK, HE BLEW HIS FUCKING HEAD OFF!!” Trey’s frantic voice screamed through the phone, everyone in the room froze—it was loud enough for them to hear, that’s how loud my friend was screaming.

“No…he…was fine,” I murmured, my friends still watching from across the room.

“NO! NO! THEY SAY HE COMMITED SUICIDE, KILLED HIMSELF FOR NO REASON!!! OH GOD, IT’S OUR FAULT—WE SHOULDN’T HAVE DONE IT!!” Trey screamed, I was wincing from the loud volume of his tone and my friends were inching closer.

“FRANK!? FRANK, OH GOD HE’S DEAD!! DEAD!!” Trey kept hollering.

I wasn’t listening anymore, I’d dropped the phone the moment he’d mentioned the events that may have led to my best friends’ death. I’m pretty sure after that I blacked out because my face kissed carpet moments later.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's part one of two, let me know what you guys think.

Comments are always enjoyed. xD