Status: Completed. Season 1 started. Check it out.

Dysfunctional Team: Pilot

Preparations PT 1

Onslaught made his way through the hallways of the base, heading to the med-bay to inform the medics about their guest. The base had four different medics. Well, three medics and a medical assistant. It would only take about a cycle to reach them now. On the way there, he passed up many Vehicons, all looking the same.

Onslaught was a pretty impressive looking figure; he was considerably taller than the other mechs and was quite bulky with a lime-green and blue paint job and yellow optics. He was more of a hands-off strategist, staying behind and planning his next move. He's a pretty responsible figure and knows what he's doing most of the time. Of course, there are times when he slips up, and some of those slip-ups had some pretty bad consequences. Look at what happen to the Combaticons because of a certain slip-up for example.

He was at the door now, and he pressed the open button. The wide doors open with a nearly silent hiss. Onslaught walked in and saw the three of them doing something. Flatline was doing some researching on the computer, Scalpel was patching up a small wound on a Vehicon's head (idiot trip somehow), and Hook was working on… something. That left one unaccounted for.

"Hook, where's Scavenger?" he question the green and purple mech. Hook looked at him from where he was at and then turn back to his work, before answering him.

"He's not here. My guest, he's either out looking for supplies or at the morgue. Why?"

"We are having some injure personal coming and they need all the help they can get." Onslaught answer quickly, answering loud enough so that the other two in the room would heard him.

"Who?" question Scalpel, jumping off of the vehicon, his job done. Scalpel was a really small bot, reaching at the most, to slightly above other people's feet. He also walks on six legs, which has a habit of freaking out some of the cons. He also has a weird accent that no one quite knows where in the pit that he got it from.

"Swindle is coming in with them. He is uninjured, but the others are, to varying degrees. His bodyguard, Killshot is walking with a limp, probably impale by something. There's also Shockwave, who has been offline for awhile, according to Swindle. He didn't say anything about his condition, except that he was injure in a blast of some sort. Finally, Skywarp is critically injure and is going to need surgery. I don't know how bad it is, but according to, it was really bad."

"Anyone else?"

"One casualty. Thundercracker." Onslaught said.

"What?" asked Flatline, looking away from the screen towards Onslaught. "You're kidding."

"No, I'm not." Onslaught said. Flatline looked angry at that. He had a black paintjob, with red highlights. He was a grounder and probably the best surgeon in the room.

"How did he die?" he asked.

"He was caught in a explosion and was blown to pieces." Onslaught answered, a hint in sorrow in his voice. He knew about the particular relationship between the two. Thundercracker was pretty much the main reason Flatluine got up in the ranks and approved of his experiments. Onslaught didn't know how they became friends, but he knew they good friends with each other, despite Flatline questionable sanity at times.

"How much time do we got?" asked Hook, interested in the conversation. Thundercracker was a high-level Decepticon and if he got offed, than that meant serious business.

"About two-to-three Megacycles until they get here." Onslaught answered. He started heading for the door. "I'll head down to the morgue to see if I can find Scavenger," he said as he left. He was back in the hallway, and started head in too the morgue. It wasn't too far away from the med-bay. Just have to turn right at the corridor up ahead and it would be at the end of the hall. Onslaught walked quickly towards the room.

Onslaught didn't quite know why Scavenger spends so much time in the morgue. It just always seemed odd to spend so much time to spend around bodies. Maybe he weas conducting experiments on them? Probably not. He didn't seemed like the type to experiment on them, like Flatline.

He turn around the corridor too see someone else outside the morgue, looking inside. The person was a jet and had a red and white paint job. He also had a scrapload of scars on his body, some from battle, but most of it looked like it came from torture. Onslaught knew immediately it was Misfire.

Misfire is, to put it bluntly, the worst shot in the history of warfare. Seriously, no one else is worse with a gun than with him. The most notable achievements he has was being the single most Decepticon to enroll into Decepticon Miltary Collage (4627 times!) and for being the person responsible for the Great Friendly Fire of Iacon, in which he accidently killed twenty other Decepticons, an event in which Megatron personally punish him for. It was not pretty.

Onslaught walked up to the con slowly, wondering why was in waiting outside the morgue. He reached him and asked him in a low voice, "Why are you waiting outside the morgue?" Misfire jumped a bit and turned around to face the person behind him. Realizing who it was, he calm down.

"Don't sneak up on me like that," he said, in a tense tone, looking up at Onslaught, who was considerably taller than him. In fact, he was the tallest person around the base.. "Now, what was it you want?"

"Why are you here?" he asked again, a little annoyed.

Misfire pointed inside and answered, "Scavenger in there, taking to the corpses." Onslaught looked at him liked he just said he hit a bulls-eye. Talking to corpses was… unusual, to put it lightly. "He just talks to them liked he's having a normal conversation. To be honest, it's freaking me out." Onslaught silently agreed with him, but kept it to himself.

"You still haven't answer why you're here in the first place." Onslaught said. Why was Misfire doing around the morgue.

"I was just walking around, minding my own business," Misfire said. Onslaught gave him a looked that said 'I know you're lying now tell me what I want to know,' and cracked his servos, showing what would happen if he don't talk. Misfire obliged, saying in a fast voice, "Okay, okay, I'll tell you. I came down here to see if I could get anything from the dead. The door opened, but before I went inside, I heard Scavenger talking. I peeked inside and sawed him talking to one of the dead bodies. It was freaky; felt liked in was on a set for a horror film. You know, one of those films where the bad guy some insane guy who likes to talked to the corpses of the people he killed. You know what I'm talking about?" Another thing about Misfire, he liked to talk a lot sometimes.

"Yes, I understand what you're talking about. Now leave." Onslaught said, a head on his hand, trying to keep calm.

"Alright, fine man. If you need me, I'll be at the target range, see if my skills can get any better than they already are."

'Good,' Onslaught thought. 'You need it.' Misfire went by his lonesome self and Onslaught was left standing by himself. Onslaught looked inside the morgue and went inside. The room was a big room, which was a good thing considering the amount of Vehicons that die on a regular basis. Seriously, they died so easily.

The first thing he noticed was Scavenger standing over one of the bodies on the table. He was colored green and people, like Hook, his chest, arms, and shovel-tail were colored green while his legs were purple, leaving the head black and the optics red. He was talking to the corpse. "I don't know what to do. Nothing seems good enough, but you're my friend right." Onslaught had the immediate feeling of getting the frag out of the room and pretend like he didn't just saw that, but stay nonetheless and decided to speak up.

"Hey, Scavenger," he spoke up. Scavenger turned around sharply, looking frighten.

"Onslaught, what do you need? Anything I can help with?" he said, in a scared tone. Onslaught had to hand it to him for not stuttering.

"Just came to tell you that we're going to have injure personal here within two or three megacycles. Hook's going to need you." Onslaught said, ignoring the whole 'why do you talk to corpses' conversation. He'll save that for a boring day.

"Alright, I'll head over there right now," he said, walking quickly passed Onslaught and heading to the med-bay. He walked quickly, almost tripping as he did so. Onslaught looked around the morgue one last time, before exiting.