Status: Completed. Season 1 started. Check it out.

Dysfunctional Team: Pilot

Transmission PT 2

Swindle was landing the ship at a piece of land a short distance from where the building Shockwave was supposed to be. Swindle slowly decrease the speed gently, not wanting to land hard and risk damaging something. There might also be some idiots under the ship that might not realize a ship was about to land on them, but according to Swindle sensors, there was no one under him.

In fact, the sensors say that no one was around the whole area, which strike Swindle as very odd. You would think that there would be at least a single guard to alert Shockwave if there was an incoming ship. Especially if that ship happen to be an Autobot ship. It just led to Swindle thinking more and more that Shockwave was hurt or worse and his deal was about to go sour.

The ship landed with a solid thud. Swindle put the ship in power-saving mode instead of turning it off. They might need a quick getaway if things end badly and the power-saving mode would keep everything ready to go if they have to.

Swindle got up from the cockpit and walked to the door that led to the bridge. The door opened leading him to the room with Killshot in it. Killshot looked ready to go. He had all of his gear and his weapon of choice, a Null Ray sniper rifle, on his back. Killshot has upgraded his sniper over the stellar cycles making it hit harder, hold more ammo, and be more stable.

"Ready to go?" Killshot asked.

"Yeah, I just need to get the chemical. Go on ahead outside. I'll be with you shortly." Swindle replied.

Killshot follow that order quickly, heading to the exit. He reached the door and pressed a button. The door open and a ramp extended down to the ground. He walked down the ramp and looked around the area.

Cybertron was definitely not a pretty place to look at. The Sun was setting and putting a rather dreary mood to the place. The buildings around him were in a state of decay and one looked like a tap would bring the whole structure down. If one looks closely, you might find a limb sticking out of the rubble…

It was not a happy place to look at.

Killshot looked around for a place to sit, preferably away from the limb. He saw a barrel that looked like it might hold his weight and was a good distance away from the limb. He set his aft down and waited for Swindle to appear.

He wonder why would someone want to hang around this sinkhole. It didn't hold many high spots like in Iacon. Most of the buildings were pretty low, only about 4 stories high at the most. For a sniper like him, it was adequate, but not good. For soldiers and commandos, this was a haven, but for him, this sucked.

He went back to looking at the rusted limb. It looked it was red at one point. He saw servos at the end, so it probably belongs to an arm. The servos looked like they were sharp talons at one points, but now were dull blades. More than likely, he was in a battle with somebody a long time ago and lost it.

Suddenly, he heard Swindle feet walking down the ramp. He turned to see Swindle come down with nothing in his hand. Probably subspace the chemical in his chest. Killshot didn't know how, but Swindle can store a lot of stuff in his chest department. He ask about it before, but didn't get a answer from him, claiming that it was a secret.

"So," Killshot started, "you're ready to go?"

"Yep," Swindle replied back quickly. "We need to head this way to reach it. It shouldn't take more than a couple of cycles to reach it." Swindle pointed in the Northeast direction, away from the rubble with the arm. He walked off in a quick pace. Killshot got off the barrel and walk towards the same direction in a similar.

On the way there, Killshot decided to start up a conversation. "So, you've ever met Shockwave before?"

"Nope, the most we talked was through transmissions."

"Then how do you conduct deals with Shockwave?"

"He sends me coordinates to different planets and sends a few drones there to meet me. It's a pretty simple set up."

"Ever worry he might betray you?"

"Nope. He's not Starscream. He doesn't plan your downfall every deca-cycle. Besides, I'm too valuable for him. He needs the resources I'd provide to continue his experiments." Swindle decided to asked some questions next. "So tell me, which city are you from?"

"I'm from Telos," Killshot replied.

"The city with all the skyscrapers?"

"Yep. It was a decent place before the war."

"It's also a breeding ground for assassins." Telos was notorious for the amount of major assassins that spring up from there.

"Well, not our fault that it's a perfect place to snipe."

"Yeah, right. We're coming up on Shockwave's location." Swindle said. He proved to be correct as they came to Shockwave's building. It was a pretty big building, probably as big as the Nemesis and that was just on the outside. A lot of the buildings have underground areas to make the buildings more expansive. It looked sturdy, considering it looked a lot better than some of the others and was probably easy to defend.

The door was also open.

Swindle looked at the opened entrance. In a place like this, no one would leave there door opened unless they were in a hurry getting out of the building. Question is, why were they in a hurry to leave?

Swindle slowly approach the entranceway, looking to make sure there was no surprises in store for them. He looked inside to see a plain room. There was absolutely nothing distinguishing it to its owner. Only thing worth noting were the signs, which in two directions: laboratory and interrogation room.

Killshot was apprehensive. He was starting to see why Swindle was worry. He expected at least some drones to meet them here, but no one was here. Something was wrong.

He decided to break the tense silence. "So, where do we go?"

Swindle look around, trying to figure out which way to go. "I say he's probably in the lab. That's where he probably spends most of the time anyway. This way." Swindle headed in the left direction with Killshot slowly behind him.

They walked slowly down the hall, each with their weapons out. Swindle had a large blaster attached to his forearm while Killshot simply had his hands shift into blasters. They walked down the halls until they came to a stairway leading underground.

"Well, this is gonna suck," Killshot stated.

"No kidding. Come on." They went down the stairway to a blue-tinted hallway. They walked down it with some hesitation. They already came down this far, might as well keep going. They walked in silence, keeping their footsteps quiet. There were some spaces in the wall that look like it might hold something big like a statue.

They kept walking until Killshot noticed something in one of the spaces of the wall. "Hey, Swindle. Look." He pointed to the spaced. Swindle didn't see anything at first, because was dark, but then he noticed something.

A body. Specifically, the body of a drone. Definitely not good.

The two look at each other and kept going. It looked it open up at the end. The two walk to the opening into a huge room. There wasn't much space to walk around due to a huge chasm in the middle if the room, but it was still big. There were metallic bridges to help bots move around the place and a console near the back of the room. It would be a impressive sight if it wasn't for the signs of battle.

One side of the room was cave in with blocks dominating that side of the room. There were scorch marks across the room, indicating gunfire. On one of the bridges were the bodies of a couple of vehicons, definitely dead. Near the back of the room, seem to be a lot of rubble, like a explosion went off.

The two of them walk around the room carefully. The ones who caused this much destruction could still be around. They look around the room until they reach the back of the room.

They both subspace there weaponry, looking around the area. It seemed like whoever caused this much damage seemed to have left already. Swindle was on the console, seeing what was going on here. Killshot was poking around the rubble, seeing if there was anything there worth anything.

Swindle was accessing the console's databanks. There seem to be a lot of notes here for Shockwave's experiments and on other things. The oddest thing to Swindle was a file under beast, which contains all kinds of mechanical animals on the, the most fearsome looking being a dragon-type thing. It was a very informative databank.

It was also very expensive data. Shockwave probably wasn't using it anytime soon, considering he's probably dead.. He downloaded the databanks to his memory banks. At least something good came out of this.

Suddenly, Killshot shouted to him. "Hey, Swindle! I found Shockwave!" What. Swindle hurried over to Killshot position, behind a large pile of rubble. What he found was not comforting.

Shockwave's eye was cracked. Looked like a powerful blaster hit him there. That was going to be hard to fix. He also had a lot of scorch marks all over his body, like he was caught in the middle of an explosion. The amazing thing was that Shockwave actually didn't look too bad. It looked like everything was still in place. No serious injuries were present, at least on the outside and judging from the scanners, his spark was still bright.

"So what do we do with him," Killshot ask. Swindle thought this over. They could just leave him here to tend to himself and act like they weren't here. Shockwave's data was very valuable and could be a major score for Swindle.

On the other hand, Shockwave knew they were coming, and would probably be pretty mad to figure that they left him here. He might even report to Megatron, if he could get there in his currant shape. Also, leaving someone behind who was potentially critically injured was just not something Swindle does if that person has done nothing wrong to him and last he check, Shockwave was a hasn't screw him over yet.

Finally, he came to a decision. "We're gonna drag him back to the ship and see if we can help him." Killshot looked at him as he said that and than looked back at Shockwave.

"That's going to be a bit hard," Killshot replied. And it was true; Shockwave was a big Cybertronian, easily getting up to Megatron's height and build.

"Deal with it," Swindle replied back. He went one side of Shockwave side and grab his arms. Killshot looked at him with a annoyed looked, but nonetheless, went to Shockwave's legs and grab them. They lifted him up slowly, seeing if they could hold him.

So far, so good.

The two slowly walked around the rubble in which they found Shockwave. They were already feeling the weight of Shockwave on them. They walked slowly and steadily until they came to the corner to turn out and back into the larger part of the room. They both walked around the spot…

Into two seekers with their blasters aimed at them.

Scrap.