A Surreal Life

Chapter Ten.

When I heard the knock on the front door, I sent Kay to answer because I wasn't quite done with my hair. This morning when she came in she wanted to do something extravagant but I stopped her. I didn't want anything too big, plus I wasn't getting dressed already so right now I was in Brad's clothes. I heard Kayla and Darren talking and laughing in the living room. I hurried up to get finish and went to joined them.

Now it was my turn to laugh. The both of them looked at me.

"You came in your suit?" I asked Darren.

"Good morning to you too Ashley. What's wrong with my suit? You told me to..."

"I told you to bring it not wear it. We have work to do before we shoot, plus we have to wait for our cameralady that has a class this morning." I said raising my eyebrows at Kayla.

"Shoot!" She called rushing to her room to get ready.

"Haha" Darren laughed at Kayla. "Well in that case, let me get comfortable." He took off his jacket and loosed his tie. "By the way, is my suit and tie correct?" he smiled, that heart melting smile.

"It's perfect." I smiled back.

"Bye! Text you when I'm done!" Kayla slammed the door.

"So, what exactly is your project? Kayla told me she didn't know anything except that you needed a dress and a cameralady."

"I basically need to reinvent a publicity for a product destined to the public. I choose to make a music video but instead of reinventing one that already exist, I'll be making my own with my own song."

"Oh so you don't only sing, you write?"

"Um yeah a bit..." I was embarrassed admitting it and I was kinda scared to show him my work.

"Well, what are you waiting? Show me!" he urged me.

"Okay... I guess I don't have a choice anymore.. I'll go get my laptop and we can start." I smiled faintly.

I slowly went to my room, not to eager to show him the song. I know Kay and Brad said it was good but... I can't be sure.

"Come on hurry up!" he said. I didn't notice he had followed me and was now leaning against my doorway.

I grabbed my laptop and notepad and when I was about to walk out the door, he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the couch. I tried to ignore the tingly feeling in my stomach. I wasn't sure if it was caused by how nervous I was or by the fact he just took my hand.

"Let me see! Let me see! Let me see!" he acted like a child and it made me laugh.

"Okay but promise me you won't laugh if it sucks. And that you won't laugh when I sing!"

"Would I have a reason to laugh?"

"Well I don't think so but you never know I mean... it's the first time I'll be singing my composition in front of a professional..." I bit my lip.

"Hey! I promise, even if you suck, I won't laugh." he smiled reassuringly.

I felt a little better so I opened my laptop and my notepad and started the music.

At first I started a little shy but when Darren started doing a bit of backup vocals I got more confident and started singing as if I was alone.

I pointed to my notes and Darren got the hint. He sang his part as if it had been written for him.

We did a couple takes, Darren making some side commentaries on where we should do runs and where we shouldn't and other little things. It was fun working with him because it never seemed caught in the work or critical. It was just two friends working together on a song and not a professional and an amateur.

Once we both were comfortable with the song, we started talking video plans. Turns out he loved my concept idea and by the time Kayla came back from school, the sun was setting and everything was set. I excused myself from Darren as I went into my room to freshen up and put my dress on.

We took Kay's car and drove to a small street near a park that I had spotted a while ago, trying to find a quiet place. We could easily shoot in this street without being disturb by cars.

(Okay so for the video, the description will be on the side of the lyrics in {} when they are in the middle of a paragraph, it means it applies to all of it.)

Ashley:
Every night I walked the streets
Never dreaming what could happen {Walking sad and alone.}
Sad and so lonely
I saw in the mirror my reflection {Sits on a park bench looks at herself in a pocket.} mirror
Staring back at me
I thought, will I ever find what I need?

But I'll wear that dress if you wear the tie
And baby we'll dance through the night
Cause no one's got what we've got going {Falls into her thoughts.}
Happiness never held on to me
Until you helped me see {See's Darren on the other side of the street.}
That together we're just better off
Ohhhh ohhh oohhh ooohhh ooohh

Darren:
Oh my heart's been tried
Time and again
Always thought that it was me but {Darren walking in the street.}
I see now just how wrong I was
No, I haven't known you for a lifetime
But somehow I've never been more sure
That you're for me {He see's her while pushing trough a wave of girls.}
Oh baby please
Don't, don't leave, just come and dance with me

Both:
Tonight

But I'll wear that dress if you wear the tie
And baby we'll dance through the night
Cause no one's got what we've got going
Happiness never held on to me {Both crossing the street to meet in the middle of the street.}
Until you helped me see
That together we're just better off, we're just better off

Darren:
Don't be cruel to me
Oh, I've wanted more
But I've been wrong before
{Meet in the middle, take hands on the side of their face.}
Ashley:
So much learning to lose
But you're not a day too soon

Both:
So say you feel the same and
We'll never be lonely anymore

But I'll wear that dress if you wear the tie
And baby we'll dance through the night
Cause no one's got what we've got going {Slow dancing in the street.}
Happiness never held on to me
Until you helped me see
That together we're just better off

But I'll wear that dress if you wear that tie
And baby we'll dance through the night
Cause no one's got what we've got going {Walking hand in hand down the street.}
Happiness never held on to me
Until you helped me see
That together we're just better off

Darren:
We're just better off

Ashley:
I'll wear that dress {Stopping to sing to each other.}

Darren:
I'll wear that tie

Ashley:
And we'll just dance through the night

Both:
Tonight
Tonight

Ashley
Tonight {Walking again.}

We had to do a couple of takes but we finally nailed it. Everything was perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you go guys! Is the description of the video too confusing? It was the only way I thought of doing it. If it's too complicated, don't be shy and send me a message so I can arrange it other wise :)
Here's the real video of the song which I found a bit boring and that's why I rearranged it :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83fJ7hlZkpA