Status: Comments=Love (Update at least once a week)

Kissing in Cars

The big K

I shifted nervously in my red strapless 1950s style cocktail dress. It had a sweetheart neckline with a small gem pendent in the center. It had been a gift from my grandmother for today, she sent it express mail three days ago. I take a picture on my phone and emailed it to her so she could see how I looked. I smiled, I couldn’t believe that the guys asked us to come along with them to the Kerrang! awards. I was nervous and still sure that these past two weeks had been a coma induced alternate reality. I mean I was now on the path to friendship with my very favorite band. Vic sent me a text, this morning, saying that he was stoked to see us tonight. Vic, as in Victor Fuentes, leader singer from Pierce the Veil is texting me and telling me that he was excited to see me. I must be dreaming, but if I am, I hope no one ever wakes me up.

I grabbed my black pumps and black clutch, and head into the living room where Mickey sat ready for tonight. My hair was in French twist updo, which Mickey had did for me, and I had diamond drop earrings on. Real diamonds, courtesy of Mickey again, who also did my makeup for tonight. I knew she was hoping Vic would make his move tonight, so she wanted me to look extra special. Mickey was waiting for me on the couch with her favorite cocktail dress on. It was a black cotton dress, with lace detailing. She had on red pumps with a red clutch, the classic color reversal we usually pulled. Her long hair remained out, with only perfect spiraling curls added for the occasion. She looked flawless and her almost boyfriend, Tony, was going to love it.

“You look hot Lei.” She dog whistled and winked at me.

“Not as hot you Kay. I bet Tony finally asks you on a date today. No way will he deny his crush on you when he sees you in that.” I sat next to her and put on my shoes. “I guess we are all set to go. Vic said the guys should be here any minute to pick us up.”

“Yeah that was like fifteen minutes ago,” Vic said while stepping in the living room. “We got here while you were still in the bathroom.”

I take in his appearance, a white button down with black buttons. A small black bow tie, black straight leg jeans, and a black snap back on his head. His hair messy perfection as always, he smiled at me as I stared at him. I realized that I was being a creep so I went back to focusing on Mickey. Her grey eyes filled with a mischievous gleam, which of course meant Tony was going to fall for her tonight. They always do when she gets that look. I smiled at her and then cast my eyes downward. I looked at my reflection in the glass table in front of me, my emerald green eyes coupled with dark copper eyelashes seemed to stand out due to the eye liner.

“Come on,” Vic grabbed my hand, starling me since I didn’t know he was next to me. “Let’s go, don’t you want to take some red carpet pictures with us? I mean you look red carpet worthy all dolled up like that.”

He spun me around before letting go of my hand and walking towards the door. He laughed as we both scrambled out the door after him. Tony was waiting outside of the penthouse with a single rose for Mickey. I wondered for the hundredth time how she felt about all that’s happened these past few days. I mean, it happened so fast I am not even sure how it started. My mind was still bogged down with wonderment from this whole situation when I climbed into the car. Mike immediately pulled me to his side, as far as he was concerned he saw me first, thus making me his best friend.

“Hey Lei, missed me?” He gave his brother a look I couldn’t read then smiled. “Of course you must be so happy to be our date to the awards.”

The words date hummed through my body as I replied, “I saw you yesterday Mikey, that’s doesn’t give me much time to miss you.”

“Well you will miss us when we are back home in San Diego for two and a half weeks.” Jaime chimed in.

“Yes but we will see you in Buenos Aires on July 4th so it will be fine. Remember we only have breaks when you guys have breaks, so it might be nice to be back home after six months.” I said while looking at Mikayla, whose fingers were wrapped in Tony’s.

“I much rather be with the boys.” Tony kissed her on the cheek as she started at him intensely.

“That settles it! You guys are coming home with us!” Tony cuddled into Mickey, holding her close.

“Uhh…slow down tiger. My grandma is on the old side and I like seeing her when I can. I am sure Kayla will go with you guys but I can’t.” I moved away from Mike and closer to the window, I missed my grandma so much.

My phone started to ring, breaking my thoughts of grandma. I didn’t recognize the number but I picked up the phone anyway. It was out of curiosity, wrong number callers always intrigued me. I would wonder whether someone purposely gave them a wrong number or used to have mine. I heard a lot of noise in the background when I picked up the phone.

“Leilani Pratt?” A male voice said on the other end above fire sirens.

“Yes, may I ask who is speaking?” I tugged at my dress nervously, I didn’t like where this was going.

“It’s me, Douglas, your dad’s best friend.”

“Hey Uncle Doug, what’s up?” I couldn’t stop the nervous feeling this call gave me.

“I am calling from the fire marshal’s phone. There has been a fire at your home Lei, I am afraid Grandma didn’t make it.”

My phone slid from my hand and tears started flowing from my eyes right away. I could hear Uncle Doug calling for me but I had couldn’t pick up the phone again. Mickey was at my side instantly, trying to coax the story out of me. The words were tangled up on the tip of my tongue, weighed down heavily by shock. Grandma couldn’t be dead we spoke only an hour ago, she was so happy for me. She was fine, she was alive. How could this be happening?

“Lei talk to me.” Mickey turned my face toward her.

The concern in Mickey’s voice forced the words off my lips, “Grandma is dead, there was a fire and everything is gone. Everything I have ever had, the only home I ever called mine. My only family, gone, just like that.”

She hugged me, crying with me. Mickey loved grandma just as much as I did. She was our role model. She taught us everything we needed to know about following a band around. She was our safe haven when things got crazy. I just couldn’t believe that when I thought everything was working out so well, this happened.

“It was arson Lei, don’t come back home! I am scared for you!” Doug shouted loud enough to echo through the whole car. “Those kids are back, and they are out for blood.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment, subscribe and recommend! ♥ Thank you so much for the supporting and reading this story.