Status: Updates may be slow

Where the Heart Is

I'll Be Back for Christmas.

*3 months ago*

"Hayden, I need you to trust me. I will be back for Christmas." He put his hand on my cheeks. I looked at him with saddened eyes. "Just be safe out there Matt" He grinned. "Always am" He removed his hands and walked away from me without turning around.

I needed to get out of here. I needed to go see my aunt.

"Aunt Laura?" I yelled walking right through her door. "I'm in the living room! Shut the blinds! The Chicago Blackhawks game is on!" She yelled at me. I smiled and walked up to the blinds and fiddled with them until they shut. I quickly walked over to the seat next to her. "Look honey, Brandon Saad." "You sure do love Brandon Saad" I told her. "He's so beautiful!" She told me. I smiled. Things were quiet for a moment. Aunt Laura broke the silence. "So he's gone? You only come over here when you're heartbroken" She told me. "Yeah- He's gone. Left 45 minutes ago" I said softly. "Oh sweetie" She pulled me in for a hug as I let the tears stream down my face. "And then on top of all of that he's been silent lately. I swear to god Aunt Laura If I found out that she broke his heart I will slowly fucking gouge her eyes out!" I yelled. "Hey! No need for violence! What ever is going on in his life he will have to deal with it. Like Matt said, he will hopefully be home for the holiday and you can see him. He has angels guarding him Hayden. He will be okay. God will protect him" she said to me. I smiled at her. Aunt Laura. It was always her. When I was 16 I got my heart broken, she let me break every single glass plate in her pantry. She was the best aunt I could ever ask for.

*Present time*

"John! I'm home" I yelled. "I'm in the basement babe! Don't come down yet!" "Okay, I was not gonna head down there anyway but sure I'll wait" I said. John ran up the stairs and hugged me. "Happy birthdayyyy" He said. I smiled and kissed him. "How does it feel to be 23?" "I feel the same; It's no different. Do I have any letters?" John's smile faded. "No. None from Matt. Nothing for anybody. Christmas is in 5 days. I don't think he's coming back to Chicago to be honest. Now let's just relax. It's your birthday and you can do whatever you want. Tonight is your night" John told me while massaging my shoulders.

It was not normal. I haven't gotten a letter from Matt in 2 months. He said he would write me every day and tell me about his travels; he said he would tell me about all of the people he met or saved. Something just doesn't seem right here....

John went to the store to go buy something for work. When he left I quickly did my snooping on his side of the room.

Letters. Letters everywhere. Not only was he lying to me, but he was hiding them from me. Under all of the letters from Matt there was one in John's handwriting.

"Dear anyone who cares,
I love her but then I don't. Matt has been changing her. In High School he did have plans to go to the Army, he did just that after college. Hayden wanted to be a bar tender, she did just that. Me? Well I wanted to be a Neurologist, that is slowly coming true. Hayden promised me she would go to Oxford with me, she went to Harvard just because Matt was going. Hayden wanted to be closer to Matt so she moved from Springfield to Chicago. She dragged me with her. I don't even like Matt...At all. He fucking bothers me. I fucking hate him so much. I swear to god one day if he takes Hayden away from me I will just slowl-"

The letter ended there. Not finished. I could not believe what I just read. My heart suddenly dropped. I placed all of the letters back in it's respected place. Why would he hide these from me? Matt was not going to steal me away from him. This is all going in the wrong direction.

I sat in silence for a moment letting my mind take over. When the phone rang I jumped. "H-Hello?" I answered. "Hayden" Someone said softly. I knew that voice from anywhere. I stood up in shock. "Matt...Is this really you?" I asked "Yeah bubs- It's really me" He said. "What's going on? Why are you calling right now?" I asked not trying to sound rude. "I'm on a plane. I'm coming into O'Hare tomorrow afternoon" He said. I tried to hold back my tears. "You really are coming back for the holidays...How long are you staying?" I asked. "You'll be happy when I tell you this...I'll be home until February 26th" I smiled. "You can't see me right now but I am smiling so hard right now." I heard him laugh. "Get some sleep. I want you to be the one picking me up" I grinned. "Okay." "Alright" "Bye" We said.

He was coming home. My best friend. My saviour. The guys I may love, is finally coming home....
♠ ♠ ♠
Hiiii
new story
hope you enjoy!