‹ Prequel: Perfect Porcelain
Status: On Hiatus

True Love Ever After

11: Forever's Never Seemed So Long

Third Person P.O.V.

A few weeks later it was December and the Christmas break was nearing. The little family of four sat around their table and ate dinner, Alice going on about her day.

"..... so that's how I ended up finding a completely highlighted textbook for history and it's great."

Suddenly Michelle decided to change the subject.

"So, for Christmas break, how would you guys feel about not being here?"
"What do you mean not being here?" Alex asked.
"Well Jessica wondered if maybe we wanted to spend the holiday in Baltimore."
"Spend the whole two weeks in Baltimore? Are you kidding me? What's even in Baltimore?" Alice snapped back.
"First of all young lady, I thought I taught you better than to act like this. You have been offered to spend time with family and friends, and I mentioned it. Second of all what is your problem because I know I haven't raised you to be like this, ever."
"Well excuse me if I don't wanna spend time around happy families that are all smiles."
"Are you not happy?!"
"WELL HOW CAN I BE IF I'M SURROUNDED BY PERFECT FAMILIES. IT'S JUST ANOTHER REMINDER THAT MY PARENTS ARE DEAD AND THEY AREN'T COMING BACK!"

Michelle just kinda of shocked everyone when she slammed her hands down on the table.

"YOU THINK I DON'T FEEL IT TOO?! EVERY DAY I AM FORCED TO SEE YOU TWO AND YOU LOOK SO MUCH LIKE YOUR MOTHER IT'S NOT FUNNY. I. WAS. THERE. I WATCHED THAT HEART MONITOR FLAT LINE FASTER THAN YOU CAN SAY A GOODBYE. SO YEAH THEY'RE NOT COMING BACK ALICE THANKS FOR THE REMINDER BUT YOU DON'T NEED TO HAVE THAT ATTITUDE WHEN YOU HAVE PEOPLE THAT DO LOVE YOU. FAMILY IS NOT JUST BLOOD."

Everyone else stared as she calmed her voice.

"You forget that I lost her too. That day the world lost a very sweet girl and an incredibly nice guy, and me? I lost the girl who was my maid of honour, my best friend."

Without another word Michelle shoved her plate and walked out of the kitchen, grabbing her jacket and stalking out the door, slamming it with a bang. All these years later and there was still proof that she wasn't over it, she probably never would be.

Well Josh was doing damage control with Alice, Michelle had started walking and letting her mind wander, before she knew it she was standing outside the cemetery gates in the middle of the snow.

Slowly she walked in, pushing the black steel gate open just a bit and walking in, making sure to close it behind her. Slowly she walked, row by row, counting the gravestones as she went by. Finally she reached the one she was looking for, planting herself where she had stood so many times before.

Michelle reached down and wiped the snow off of both the headstones, before kneeling down in front of Ally's, not caring that she was now deep in snow and no doubt soaked through.

"Hey Ally. How are you? I'm pretty good, your daughter is being a bitch though. It's always the girls isn't it."

Michelle let out a laugh through the tears that had started running down her face. All these years and she would never get over doing this.

"She's sad, you know. Frustrated she never knew you that well. I mean, I feel so bad. Did I do a bad job? I mean, I snapped at her earlier, God how many years and I'm so bad at this."

Without thinking Michelle just broke down a little bit, like she always did when trying to do something like this.

"We all miss you so much. I miss you. I bet you would have been a way better Mother than I've been."

Again on instinct, she started singing a song that always came to mind when thinking about Ally.

"Make it a sweet, sweet goodbye - it could be for the last time and it's not right.
"Don't let yourself get in over your head," he said.
Alone and far from home we'll find you...

Dead - Like a candle you burned out;
spill the wax over the spaces left in place of angry words.
Scream - To be heard, like you needed any more attention;
throw the bottle, break the door, and disappear.

Sing me to sleep, I'll see you in my dreams, waiting to say, "I miss you. I'm so sorry."
Forever's never seemed so long as when you're not around it's like a piece of me is missing.
I could have learned so much from you but what's left now?
Don't you realize you brought this family a world of pain?
Can't you see there could have been a happy ending we let go?

Sing me to sleep, I'll see you in my dreams, waiting to say, "I miss you. I'm so sorry."

Sing me to sleep (You've taken so much with you...)
I'll see you in my dreams, (But left the worst with me...),
waiting to say, "I miss you. I'm so sorry.""

When she finished, Michelle just sat there for a while, just crying and thinking and just letting everything out. After a while, she got up and made her way home, shaking and shivering from being soaked from the snow.

When she walked through the door she went straight upstairs and into Alice's room. She stopped and just stared at the 13 year old and sighed as she looked up.

"Don't talk. I'm sorry. Look you shouldn't have acted out but I shouldn't have yelled either, and I'm sorry. But face fact okay, we're spending the Christmas holiday in the States. I'm sorry that it's maybe not what you want, but I guarantee it will do you some good to just hang around and not have to worry about anything."

Alice got up off her bed and hugged her Aunt.

"I know I'm not the greatest, but I love you."
"I love you too Ally cat. Plus, you don't think Baltimore is that bad, I know how much you enjoy being with Chris."
"Aunntiiieeeeee" she whined, but anyone could see the smile on her face and the blush that lit up her cheeks.
"Now come on, let's go eat pie and watch old episodes of Supernatural."

So they did, and the two girls swooned over the men hunting demons, well Josh and Alex just stared at them like they were completely insane.