Winter Is Coming

019:

“I know it’s asking a lot of you, Cynthia, but will you ride back to King’s Landing?” Lady Stark asked and I nodded my head.

“It’ll be faster without the horse,” I said as I slid off of the horse’s saddle.

“How will it be faster?” the Lannister asked looking at me confused.

I smirked towards him and then looked at Lady Stark, “Tie my clothes and sword around me?” I asked and she nodded her head, and turned around towards the boys, “Congrats boys, you get a free strip tease,” I smirked and started to untie my clothes, ‘…God if Jess could see me now…’

“Cynthia, do you- Oh,” Lady Stark said shocked at what I was doing. I pulled my boots off and dropped my pants, allowing my long white shirt to fall.

“Why is she undressing in front of us?” a man asked.

“Why are you complaining?” another asked.

“Is this the wisest decision?” Lady Stark asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

“They’re going to find out sooner or later,” I said and then pulled the long white shirt over my head and dropped it to the ground, turning to the Lannister and smirking, “You wanted to know how I’ll get there faster without a horse,” I leaned over and he jumped back as I changed in front of him.

“What the bloody hell is that?!” a man yelled.

“It’s a wolf!”

“She’s a wolf!”

“Demon!”

I walked over towards Lady Stark and sat at her side as she tied my clothes and sword tightly around my waist. She cupped my face and pulled my head up to look at her, “Be careful, word will get out.”

I nuzzled my head into hers and then turned around and started to run in the direction that we had previously came in, going back to King’s Landing with a written message to Lord Stark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“How is the balance?” Robb asked as he stared at me.

“It’s good,” I smirked, “I like them.”

“I’m glad, they were designed for you,” he said and I stared at my two daggers.

“But do you not trust me with a sword?” I smirked and Robb smiled and shook his head.

“Not in a slightest.”

“Oh gee, thanks,” I laughed and then twirled the daggers in my fingers and then placed them in their sheaths at my sides.

“Come, I will show you where you may practice with them,” Robb said as he placed his hand on my back and guided me through the streets of Winterfell and through the East gate.

“We’re not going to where everyone else trains?”

“I have my own grounds,” Robb said and I smirked and nodded my head, following him into the woods. We came to a small section where the trees were marked with arrows and small daggers; there was a dummy off to the side used to practice your sword skills, and a small tent that housed water, and some materials to clean and sharpen the blades, “You may use my grounds to practice.”

“Thank you,” I smiled and then turned around to see him staring down at me, “Why do you look worried?”

“I’m always worried when it comes to you,” he said and then cupped my chin.

‘…If you’re going to kiss me then do it already!...’ I thought as he just stared at me, I’ve been waiting for two months, already being in this world for four.

“Right then,” Robb said pulling away and then coughing awkwardly, “Let me show you how to use a dagger.”

“I’ve got that under control,” I said, quickly grabbing the hilt of the dagger, bouncing it in the air, grabbing the blade and throwing it at a tree.

“Very nice,” Robb said sounding impressed, “Now how about if someone was fighting you, and not standing in one spot.”

“What makes you think that I’m going to be fighting like this, I’ll be better as a wolf.”

“I don’t want you to show the world what you are just yet,” Robb said and I scoffed.

“And what’s wrong with what I am? It’s not like I was born like this, no one other than the people in this village know that Cyn and I aren’t even from this time.”

“I meant no offence, I’m just saying that we should not show anyone yet,” he said and I looked away but felt Robb grab my chin and pull me back, “Because we can use that as an advantage.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I arrived outside the gates that Lady Stark, Cassel and I had traveled through before. It only took me a day of nonstop running to reach here. I changed back in the woods, making sure that no one was around and then threw my clothes on, placed my sword at my side and threw my cloak up. As I got closer to the gates, I pulled my hood up and snuck into King’s Landing, hoping that no one saw me.

It didn’t take me long to find Lord Stark’s scent, as I searched for him, I found Arya, she was arguing with two guards. I walked over towards her and followed in the shadows, seeing one of the guards taking her into a building. I closed my eyes and concentrated hard, looking for Lord Stark’s voice, when I found it, I climbed the walls and made my way to the section of the building where Lord Stark’s voice was heard yelling.

I thanked for that fact that I had these abilities, most of the things I’ve done today, or since I’ve been here, I wouldn’t be able to do. I felt pretty powerful as I jumped over the balcony. I heard Arya gasp, looked up a little to see that Lord Stark had jumped up and unsheathed his sword.

“It’s all right,” I said as I removed my hood.

“Cyn!” Arya said happily and then ran over towards me and hugged me, “What are you doing here?”

“I must speak with Lord Stark,” I said and looked at Lord Stark to see him nodding his head.

There was a knock on the door and I pulled away from Arya and hid behind the balcony wall, no one else was supposed to know that I’m here. Lord Stark’s hand, Jory, announced that there was a man from the Night’s Watch here to speak with him.

‘…Jon?...’ I thought, hoping that I was right, but was saddened to find that I wasn’t. I peeked through the cloth that hung from the balcony ceiling to see that it was that man from the tavern, ‘…How the hell did he get here so fast? He only a little head start!...’

The Watcher told Lord Stark about how his wife had kidnapped Tyrion Lannister. They spoke for a while and Lord Stark sent the man away. I was called and I walked out and into the room, “Is this what you came to tell me?”

“Yes,” I said and then reached into my pocket to pull out the note that Lady Stark wanted me to give to her husband.

“Damn woman,” he muttered and then rubbed his face. There was another knock, but before I had time to hide, Jory walked in. I sighed in relief seeing that it was just him.

“When did you get here?” he asked and I smirked.

“Jory, take Cynthia to Arya’s room, make sure she stays unnoticed,” Lord Stark said and Jory nodded his head and then looked at me.

“Lady Stark is taking the Imp to her sister’s,” I informed and Lord Stark nodded his head and I felt Jory placed his hand on my arm and pulled me along. As we walked down the hall, Lord Stark’s door closed and I turned around to see him following behind us.

“I must speak to the King,” Lord Stark said and Jory nodded his head and I watched as Lord Stark walked passed us and headed down the hall, disappearing down the stairwell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Very good, Jess,” Robb smirked as he attacked me, but I blocked him.

“If it’s hand to hand combat you want,” I smirked and threw my blades into the ground, “I can do that well.”

“I’ve seen,” Robb smirked, “Let’s see what else you’ve got.”

“You asked for it,” I smirked and then threw a punch towards Robb’s stomach and felt his armor underneath his leather, but knowing that he at least felt the punch.

Kicks and punches were thrown, grunts and groans were heard as we made contact with each other. We were both getting tired, and I think it was far past practice and more about showing off. I kicked Robb’s legs out from under him and climbed on top of him, grabbing a dagger that was by his head and pressing it to his throat.

“Dead,” I smirked and Robb chuckled.

“That’s cheating, this was hand to hand combat,” he said and I smirked and then threw the blade away.

“Fine then,” I placed a hand on top of his head and one under his chin, “One quick jerk,” I placed my hands next to his head and bent down, feeling his hands on my waist, and I made sure to press my body close to his, “Dead.”

“Oh yeah,” he smirked and I gasped when I was flipped over and Robb towered over me, laughing as he pinned my hands to the ground, “I don’t see you going anywhere.”

“You’re dead,” I laughed and Robb smirked and then bent down.

“So I came back from the grave,” he smirked and then stared at me, leaning down and placing his elbows on the ground, my head in-between his arms.

I had my hands on his arms, feeling his biceps flex at my touch. Our bodies were close and I could feel his heat right through our clothes. His warm breath was on my neck and I bit back a groan when his hands moved down from my arms.

“I don’t want anything to happen to you Jess,” he said and I looked at him sadly.

“Nothing’s going to happen to me.”

“You say that now, but you don’t know,” Robb said and then sat up and was about to stand, but I grabbed his hand and sat up.

“Nothing’s going to happen to me,” I repeated and then placed my hands on Robb’ neck, “Not with you there.”

I smiled at him as I stared into his eyes and then moved my gaze to his lips. My hands moved to his chest as I felt Robb place his hand on my neck, “I won’t let anything happen to you.”

“I know you won’t,” I smiled and then felt Robb push my head forward and then felt his lips crash onto mine, ‘…About time ya jerk!...’