Winter Is Coming

025:

“There’s a lot of men here,” I said and Robb nodded his head, “They’re all here to fight?”

“We’re about to find that out,” Robb said as he placed his hand on my arm, “Make sure that you stay close to me, most of these men are-“

“Men,” I stated and Robb smirked and nodded his head.

I sighed and then looked out towards all of the men sitting at the tables in the dining hall, eating, drinking, telling old war stories. I felt Robb spin me around and he placed his hands on my neck, “We’re going to get Cyn back, I promise.”

“And Lord Stark, and Arya, and Sansa,” I listed and Robb smield and nodded his head and then pressed his lips against mine and I placed my hands on his arms. He pulled away and I looked down towards the men who were asking where Robb was, “You’d better get down there.”

“Wait for my signal to come down,” he said and I nodded my head.

“Am I showing them?” I asked and Robb nodded his head, “Is that the best idea?”

“They need to know that you’ll be with us, and you’ll be able to hold your own,” he said and I smirked and nodded my head.

“Have fun,” I said and Robb chuckled and started to walk down the stairs towards the hall and I stayed at the top, looking over the balcony at the men, still not noticing that they’re being watched.

Robb took his seat at the head of the main table and Grey Wind soon joined him, I smirked at the loyalty of the wolf and it only made me think of Cynthia, and my loyalty to her.

‘…This is stupid, I should be already on my way to King’s Landing, not sitting here watching these men who still haven’t even agreed to help Robb with the war!...’

“For 30 years I’ve been making corpses out of men, boy,” a man yelled and I sighed, knowing the face that Robb didn’t like to be called ‘boy’, “I’m the man you want leading the vanguard.”

“Galbart Glover will lead the van!” Robb announced and I sighed, looking to see Theon and Brandon sitting in the middle of the table and looking back and forth between Robb and the old man.

“The bloody wall will melt before an Umber marches behind a Glover! I will lead the can or I will take my men and march them home.”

‘…Dumbass…’ I thought as I looked at the annoyed Robb.

“You are welcome to do so, Lord Umber,” Robb stood and everyone looked at him, “And when I am done with the Lannisters, I will march back north, root you out of your keep and hang you for an oathbreaker.”

“Oathbreaker, is it?!” the man yelled angrily as he stood, he chair flipped over and his cup slammed to the ground, “I’ll not sit here and swallow insults from a boy so green he pisses grass.”

‘…What the hell does that even mean?!...’ I leaned over the balcony and growled when I saw the man trifling with his dagger. Theon stood, ready for a fight, I was ready to jump over, but Grey Wind jumped on the table and all the way to the other side and bit the man, biting off two of his fingers, “Ew.”

“My lord father taught me it was death to bare steel against your liege lord,” Robb said and I stared at the old man that stood up, clutching his bleeding, two fingers less hand, “But doubtless the Greatjon only meant to cut my meat for me.”

I smirked and then glared when the man kicked his chair away, “Your meant-“ he was breathing heavily, looking around the room to see that all eyes were on him, wondering what his next move was going to be, “is bloody tough!”

‘…Huh?...’ all the men began to laugh and I just shook my head, ‘…Men are weird…’

Robb had his army, every man that was in that room, plus the ones camped outside the Winterfell walls were going to fight for Robb. I smiled; we were almost ready to head to King’s Landing.

Robb stood, the others went to stand as well, but Robb told them to sit, “You’ve probably heard about the beast that the Queen had taken prisoner named, Cynthia,” I growled and gripped onto the banister seeing the men mutter and nod their heads, “I can assure you, she is no monster-“

“My lord,” a man from another table stood, “Are you saying that there are people out there who are able to change their shapes?”

“Yes,” Robb said and I gulped, wondering how this was going to go, “She was from Winterfell, went with my father to watch over my sisters as they journeyed to King’s Landing.”

“She’s not dangerous?” another man asked.

“No, the crimes being charged against her are false,” Robb assured and I sighed.

‘…No, she probably did kill all of those men, but it was definitely self defense…’ I growled.

“It’s a very long story on how these girls came to be what they are,” Robb said and I knew my time was coming up.

“Girls, my lord? As in more than one?” a man asked and Robb nodded his head.

“There are two, cursed by a witch but granted with abilities from the gods,” he said and I bit my lip.

‘…I wouldn’t go that far, but thanks for basically calling me a god…’ I smirked and then watched Robb looked up towards me and the men turned their gaze to see me standing on the balcony, ‘…Is that the signal? That’s not a damn signal!...’

“My lord, she’s merely a young girl,” a man said and I snorted, placed my foot on the banister and jumped over, landing in the middle of the table and looking at the man who called me a young girl.

“Believe me, my lord,” Robb smiled, “She can hold her own in a battle.”

“Maybe was see it?” I heard and looked to see men looked at me.

“What beast are you?”

“Show me the gods gift!”

Men were yelling in all directions, wanting to know if what I was able to do was fact, or fiction. I sighed and looked at Robb, he nodded his head and I jumped off of the table and in the middle of the floor. The men surrounded me and I looked at Theon.

“You might want to take a few steps back,” Theon said and the men did ask he said.

‘…I see why Robb wanted me to wear a dress tonight. I would have ruined an outfit…’ I thought as I took a deep breath and then quickly shifted in front of them, hearing their gasps, their whispers, their fear.

“Need not be afraid my lords!” Robb said as he then walked over towards me and then placed his hand on my back, “She won’t harm you, just stay out of her way in battle, and you’ll be just fine.”

“I do believe that we can win,” a man said and the men started to laugh and Robb patted my back.

“She has the a gods gift,” a man said as he walked in front of me and then bowed.

‘…Uh, ok…’ I didn’t realize what was going on when I looked around the room and saw the men on their knees in front of me, their heads down low. I looked at Robb and he smirked.

“You’re giving them hope,” Robb said and I nodded my head.

Once the party had settled down, the men left for their tents outside the walls. Robb placed his cloak over my back and I changed back and wrapped it around my naked body. Robb looked around to see that Brandon was put to bed, he sighed and I placed my hand on his shoulder.

“We’re leaving tonight, you’d better get ready,” Robb said and I nodded my head.

“I just need to change, I’ve been ready.”

“Someone’s eager,” Theon said and I growled.

“I want to get everyone back,” I snapped and Robb sighed.

“All right, all right, calm down,” he said and then placed his hand on my shoulder, “Walk with me.”

I nodded my head and we walked out of the dining hall and headed into the castle, I knew the route we were taking, we walked in silence as Robb led me to my room. I gathered the things that I would need, it wasn’t much, just a few outfits, my dagger, supplies for my daggers, everything was stuffed into a backpack and given to a guard who was going to pack my horse. Robb sat on my bed and watched as I unwrapped his cloak from my body and tossed it onto the bed. He stared at me as I walked towards the bed and picked my clothes that laid beside him. I knew he was holding himself back from touching me while I changed, and that made the time only more amusing.

Once I was finished we walked through the halls towards Brandon’s room, ‘…He wants to say goodbye…’ I thought as we walked into the room and I saw Brandon fast asleep in his bed.

I didn’t want Robb to wake him up, but I wasn’t going to stop Robb from gently shaking his younger brother awake. I sighed and then leaned on the door frame and watched the scene play out in front of me.

“What is it? What happened?” Brandon asked sounding frightened and tired.

“It’s all right.”

“Where are you going?” Brandon asked as he looked over Robb and I, seeing that we were dressed and ready for a battle.

“South, for father and Cyn,” he said and I looked towards the ground and listened to the two brothers go back and forth, “I don’t want them to know we’re coming.”

“They have more men than we do,” Brandon said and I sighed, he was a smart boy.

“Aye, they do,” Robb said and Brandon started to beg to come with us, “There must always be a Stark in Winterfell. Until I return, that will be you.”

‘…So we put the ten year old in charge…’ I smirked and then looked down the hall to see Theon coming.

“You are not to leave the castle walls while we are gone. Do you understand?” Robb asked and Brandon nodded his head, “Listen to Maester Luwin and look after your little brother.”

“I will.”

“I’ll send letters whenever I can, but if you don’t hear from me, don’t be scared,” Robb hugged his brother and then walked towards the door and right past me.

Brandon watched him leave and then looked at me, “Take care, Bran.”

“Bring them all back,” he said and I smirked and nodded my head, “My family and Cyn.”