Winter Is Coming

036:

“Your Grace.”

“Your Grace.”

“Your Grace.”

We walked into camp, Grey Wind on one side, myself on the other. It’s been a few days since the last attack and things have been quiet. I haven’t really spoken with Robb after seeing him speaking with the nurse, a woman whose name I still wasn’t sure of.

As we walked further into camp, Robb looking towards every one of his soldiers and nodding his head. He stopped and I looked up towards him and saw that he was looking in a general direction, I followed his gaze and saw that he was staring at the nurse. I growled and then looked back towards Robb and saw he was looking at me. I growled again and then turned away and headed off in a different direction.

‘…Who is she anyways?...’ I thought as I walked away, turning my head back to see that Robb was walking towards the girl, ‘…What is he doing?...’

I found Cynthia walking into her tent and followed after her. As I pushed the slabs aside with my head, Cynthia turned around and looked at me, I had clearly startled her, “Oh, Jess, what’s up?”

I changed back and then walked over towards the one table that had some clothes on it and changed into them, “Who is this new girl that Robb keeps talking to?”

“Talisa?” Cynthia asked and I looked at her confused, “The nurse?”

“Yes.”

“Oh, yeah, she kind of just joined us after the last attack. Why? What’s wrong with her?” I growled and then walked over towards the bed and sat down, “Jess?”

“I don’t like her, he keeps talking to her.”

“Are you jealous?”

“Jealous?! Why would I be jealous of her?!” I snapped and Cynthia giggled a little and then sighed and patted my shoulder.

“It’ll be all right, there’s nothing to worry about with her.”

“How do you know that?” I asked and Cynthia smirked towards me.

“Because she’s very aware that you and Robb are an item,” she said and I scoffed.

“She might, but does he?” I asked and then brought my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around them, “I don’t know what’s going on now.”

“Who knew that we would go back in time and have guy problems,” Cynthia said and I laughed a little and laid my head on my knees.

A familiar scent hit my nose and I perked up my head, “Lady Stark is back,” I said and then stood up and walked out of the tent, Cynthia close behind. I moved through the camp and found Lady Stark already with Robb, no surprise there; however, what did surprise me was the large woman that I had met at Renly’s camp with her, “Lady Stark, you’re back,” I looked towards the woman, “And you brought her.”

“Beast,” the woman barked and I growled and clenched my fists.

“Jessica,” both Lady Stark and Robb said and I sighed when Robb placed his hand on my shoulder.

“Your Grace, My Lady.” We turned our heads to see Lord Bolton, “News from Winterfell.”

“Well that doesn’t sound good,” I muttered and watched as Robb took the paper and opened it, reading it to himself and them glaring at the ground, “What?” Robb growled and then turned around and started to head towards the tent where he makes battle plans. Lady Stark and I followed him and watched as he sat at his chair and read over the paper again, “Robb, what is it?” I asked and he looked at me and then past me. I saw that men we walking into the tent and looking at Robb.

“This cannot be true,” Robb said and I looked towards Lady Stark who looked just as confused as I was.

“We’ve had ravens from White Harbor, Barrowton and the Dreatfort,” Lord Bolton said, “I’m afraid it is true.”

“What’s true? What’s going on?!” I asked and Robb sighed and looked at me.

Lady Stark walked over and stood behind Robb, read the letter and then snatched the paper and read it again. I was still confused, but by both of their reactions, I knew that it was nothing good.

“Why? Why would Theon do this?” Robb asked, more to himself than to anyone else.

‘…What did that little prick do?...’ I growled and then walked over towards Lady Stark and looked at the letter, reading how Theon had taken over Winterfell.

“Because the Greyjoys are treasonous whores,” Lord Bolton said and I looked over towards Robb and placed my hand on his shoulder.

“I’ll go back!” I said and Robb looked at me, “Come on, you know I’ll be faster! I’ll handle this!”

Robb looked at Bolton, “My brothers?”

“We’ve heard nothing from them,” Lord Bolton responded.

“Robb-“

“But Rodrik Cassel is dead,” he said and my eyes widened and I heard Lady Stark sigh.

“Let me go back Robb, let me help! I’ll make Theon pay!” I growled and Robb looked down and sighed.

“I told you, never trust a Greyjoy!” Lady Stark yelled and I flinched and looked down.

“I must go North at once!” Robb said and then stood up and my eyes widened because we both knew that he couldn’t leave this camp. As much as he wanted to go home and check up on his younger brother, we both knew that he couldn’t.

“There’s still a war to win, Your Grace!” Lord Bolton yelled and I followed Robb as he stood up and rushed out of the tent, heading back towards his own.

“How can I call myself King if I can’t hold my own castle?!” Robb yelled as he stopped and looked at us, “How can I ask men to follow my if I can’t-“

“You are a king!” Bolton yelled and I stood next to Robb, “And that means you don’t have to do everything yourself.”

“Let me go and talk to Theon,” Lady Stark said and I looked at her and then looked down. Cynthia walked over and was about to ask what was going on, but I shook my head.

“There will be no talk. He will die for this,” Robb said and I looked to see Cynthia looked shocked and confused.

“Theon holds the castle with a skeleton crew,” Bolton said, “Let me send word to me bastard at the Dreadfort.”

“How long?” he asked seriously as he looked at me.

“For me to take Winterfell back?” I asked and he nodded his head. I looked over towards Cynthia and then back at Robb, “Two days, if that. Cynthia and I will go, send soldiers if you want, but-“

“Go!” Robb said and I gulped and nodded my head, “How many men can your bastard raise?”

“A few hundred men,” Bolton said and Robb looked at me.

“We have the Lannisters on the run, Robb,” I said and Robb looked at the ground, “We can do this, it’s all right.”

“If you march all the way back north now, you’ll lose what you gained,” Bolton said and I nodded my head seeing how Robb was looking up at me again, “My boy would be honored to bring you Prince Theon’s head.”

“Tell your son Bran and Rickon’s safety is paramount,” Robb said and Bolton nodded his head. Robb looked at me, “And Theon,” I nodded my head, “I want him brought to me alive.”

I sighed, “Of course.”

“I want to look him in the eye and ask him why, and then I’ll take his head myself,” Robb said and I nodded my head.

“We’ll leave tonight,” I said and Robb nodded his head.

“I’ll send a raven to my boy,” Bolton said and then walked away.

“Cyn,” I called and Cynthia looked up towards me, “Let’s go.”

We both ran towards our separate tents to get our things. Just as I finished, I was about to leave when Robb walked in, placed his hands on my neck and pressed his lips against mine. He took me a little by surprise, but I relaxed and placed my hands on his chest. When he pulled away, I saw the sadness in his eyes.

“Find my brothers.”

“You know I will.”

“Bring me Theon.”

“It’ll be hard not killing him,” I said and Robb sighed, kissed my forehead and ran his hand up and down my arm, “He’ll pay for what he did Robb, I can promise you that.”

“Be safe, both of you!”

“Please, it’s Theon, this will be a walk in the park,” I said and he looked at me confused, unsure of my expressed, “Sorry, keep forgetting where I’m at, it’ll be easy.”

“Oh, still, it’s Theon, be careful,” Robb said and I pressed my lips against his and nodded my head.

“I’ll be back before you know it.”

“We’re going to be heading out soon.”

“Cyn and I will catch up, don’t worry about us,” I said and Robb nodded his head.

“Are you ready Jess?” Cynthia asked as she walked into the tent and saw Robb and I, “Oh, sorry.”

“No, it’s all right, I’m ready.”

“Be careful, both of you.”

“We always are,” Cynthia said and I snorted. We walked out of the tent and then headed towards the edge of camp and dropped our bags, having one of the guards strap them to our backs when we shifted, “You know you still have to tell me what the hell is going on.”

“Theon betrayed us and took over Winterfell, we’re taking it back,” I said and Cynthia sighed.

“Should have seen that one coming,” she said and I nodded my head.

“Let’s get going.”